The Italian Grand Prix Thread *** EXPECT SPOILERS!!!***

Posted by iCeMaN pAuL 
Well I think that McLaren will do everything that they can so that Kimi will win the race:

(GMM) Ron Dennis says he would bet money on Kimi Raikkonen winning the Italian grand prix even from eleventh on the grid -- if he can safety round the first and second bends.

The McLaren boss insists that the game is not up even despite yet another Mercedes engine failure for the title charger.

For a start, Finland's 25-year-old has a mammoth fuel load on board -- and he still went quickest of all in qualifying.

''Kimi can definitely still win,'' Dennis said at Monza. ''I'd say we're at least a second a lap faster than anyone.''

Some might think, however, that Raikkonen's teammate - Juan Pablo Montoya - will not be an easy man to beat. Without referring to illegal team orders, though, Dennis hinted that McLaren will function on Sunday 'as a team.

''We function as a team at all levels.''

Meanwhile, although Mercedes' Norbert Haug admitted that the marque deserves to be criticised, 'iceman' Raikkonen insisted that he'll sleep as well as ever before the race.

But he did let slip: ''It's something that shouldn't happen and it always seems to hit us at the worst moments.''
Re: The Italian Grand Prix Thread *** EXPECT SPOILERS!!!***
Date: September 04, 2005 12:36PM
Posted by: Lemming
"Some might think, however, that Raikkonen's teammate - Juan Pablo Montoya - will not be an easy man to beat. Without referring to illegal team orders, though, Dennis hinted that McLaren will function on Sunday 'as a team.

''We function as a team at all levels.'' "

Yeah, they'd be stupid to not use Montoya to help Kimi. Montoya's said that he's not going to help him but I suspect that's just a front for the FIA. Behind closed doors it should (I hope) be a different matter.

It's all down to Montoya whether Raikkonen will win the race now, provided they both get through the first corner and Alonso is behind him.

Date: September 04, 2005 12:55PM
Posted by: IceKimi
Hey guys we are talking about Montoya!He's not Rubens!
I dont think he will help kimi that much

Team McLaren
Grand Prix entries:597 Wins:148 Pole Positions:122
I hate Villeneuve LOL

[en-gb.facebook.com]
Date: September 04, 2005 02:46PM
Posted by: villej
Hmm... Somehow Räikkönen seems to have the worst luck of all people livin on this earth!

My photo gallery: [viltzu86.deviantart.com]
Date: September 04, 2005 03:11PM
Posted by: Karan19
hmm what was webber trying in the pitlane there? he drove through the lolly and near put sato in the pitlane barriers. then ,i believe, forced sato over the pitlane. if seen drivers penalized for dangerous driving in the pitlane for a lot better than this...so id be very surprised if he isnt penalized in some way
Date: September 04, 2005 03:16PM
Posted by: villej
Now they screwed Montoyas race!

EDIT: He won after all!!

My photo gallery: [viltzu86.deviantart.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2005 03:20PM by villej.
Date: September 04, 2005 03:24PM
hmm its only Mclarens unreliablity this season that is making what shouldve been a straight out dominating,boring season by them into a close fight. But I'm sure theyd rather be wishing for the former...

Date: September 04, 2005 03:25PM
Posted by: mikef1
Wow! I thought Juan Pablo was going to lose, thank God he didn't! Kimi was mighty as ever, definately the fastest driver in F1 now, no contest. Poor Ferrari, the Italian press is going to cut them into ribbons now.
Date: September 04, 2005 03:32PM
Posted by: anze89
kimi is so f*cking unlucky!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2005 03:33PM by anze89.
Date: September 04, 2005 03:37PM
Posted by: IWE
If he is unlucky what am I?

And another terrible race for bridgestone...

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
No, he is definately the luckiest driver in F1. :S

Kimi was very unlucky again and lost a victory there :( once again the race showed that Kimi's qualifying lap was amazing compared to all the other drivers .
Date: September 04, 2005 03:48PM
Posted by: Lemming
Will Kimi ever win the championship? He should already have 2 by now (2003, 2005).

This year....

Australia - Crazy qualifying anyway...
Malaysia - Tyre failure, was on for 3rd, maybe more. -4pts
Bahrain - 3rd, car not completely sorted yet
Imola - Driveshaft. -10pts
Spain - won
Monaco - won
Europe - tyre failure -10pts
Canada - won
USA - ...
France - engine change, 10 places lost. -2pts
Britain - engine change, ANOTHER 10 places lost -4pts
Germany - another failure while leading -10pts
Hungary - won
Turkey - won
Italy - if it could go wrong it did. -6pts

46 points lost, minimum.

I'd love to know where Alonso buys his luck from.

f*ucking mercedes! f*ucking michelin!
i hate them! kimi doesn't deserve these!
and that f*ucking lucky boy will talk as he's the best driver again.
i am so upset, i wanna go and smash into norbert's face!
Date: September 04, 2005 03:50PM
Posted by: Zcott
I don't necessarily agree with Kimi being called the fastest driver in F1. Ok, so he got pole position, but at what price? He had a brand new engine whereas everyone else was running older engines.

His team-mate won the race, proving that the car is the quickest out there. Kimi and Juan Pablo are making good use of the quickest car on the track, so it's hard to know who the fastest driver out there is.

A fantastic damage-limitation race for Alonso proved that he's not that much slower than Juan Pablo. Everyone is aware of the fact that the Renault is now the second quickest car out there, but it has the major advantage of not breaking down (so far) and not ruining it's tyres (Monaco aside). It was great to see Renault scoring a 2-3, but I admit that I was hoping for an Alonso victory when JPM ran into tyre troubles.

The last few races should be fantastic!

I think both McLaren drivers are faster than Alonso but it is my personal opinion .By the way here is a DC's comment :

(GMM) Kimi Raikkonen is more naturally talented than Michael Schumacher.

That's the claim of David Coulthard, who said his former teammate at McLaren is 'amazing' at the grand prix wheel.

''Every time he gets in the car it is amazing,'' the 34-year-old Scot told his Daily Record column, ''even after he's been off for three weeks.''

On the other hand, DC called his Woking replacement - Colombian Juan Pablo Montoya - a ''disappointment. Many of us expected him to give Kimi a run for his money,'' David added.

''His blundering performance in Turkey could cost Kimi the title.''

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2005 03:58PM by vesuvius.
Date: September 04, 2005 03:54PM
Zcott Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
Ok, so he got pole
> position, but at what price? He had a brand new
> engine whereas everyone else was running older
> engines.

no. i read in a peter windsor f1 racing article that monza would be the start of a fresh 2race engine cycle. so he didnt really have that big of an advantage of anyone...when it comes to engines atleast.
Karan19 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Zcott Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> Ok, so he got pole
> > position, but at what price? He had a brand
> new
> > engine whereas everyone else was running
> older
> > engines.
>
> no. i read in a peter windsor f1 racing article
> that monza would be the start of a fresh 2race
> engine cycle. so he didnt really have that big of
> an advantage of anyone...when it comes to engines
> atleast.
>
>
>
>
> ABIT IC7-G | Pentium 4 3.2GHz | ATI X850XT
> Platinum Edition | Soundblaster Audigy2 ZS Gamer |
> OCZ 512MB Dual Channel DDR | Seagate Barracuda
> 120GB | Western Digital 80GB | Thermaltake 420W |
> Logitech Momo Racing

Montoya still did have an old engine but Alonso did have a new one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2005 03:57PM by vesuvius.
Date: September 04, 2005 03:58PM
Posted by: Zcott
I think a brand new engine would be preferrable to one with a day and a half of running, but I can't really comment because I'm not a racing driver.

It still raises an important question: How can you tell who the fastest driver is these days? With a number of different variables - tyre makes, tyre compound choices, engine, car, fondness of track, etc - it's almost impossible to say that one person is the fastest.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy