Re: Michael and Alonso
Date: July 25, 2003 10:59AM
Posted by: marcl
"Racing accident,**** happens."

same as germany with jpm and ms but u did not think so
Date: July 25, 2003 07:01PM
Posted by: Ellis
"That was purely dangerous. If you kill somebody, you have to do it in a different way - not at 200mph. It is alright to defend your position once, but to move across the track three times is unacceptable. There is no excuse for nearly banging wheels. I wonder why he doesn't get punished and I find it impossible that such an experienced man does that. I will be having words."

Wanna highlight this part too?.Without a clip it's hard to tell,too static.

Big hand to Oleg as he worked out the bold tags.

Very good oleg, you managed to highlight something totally irrelevnet, thats very good.

Yes,you may move once, but were we questioning him moving once? Looked like ocne to me. no problem there. But in that quote he also says that There is no excuse for nearly banging wheels.

And once again, for those who misssed it (Oleg with his selective reading), here it is one more time!

There is no excuse for nearly banging wheels

Now, see that? No excuse for nearly banging wheels says Michael. But dont do what michael says, do what michael does, after all, this is clearly how Michael sees this

And one more thing Oleg

Wanna highlight this part too?.Without a clip it's hard to tell,too static

So if its too hard to tell why are you trying to tell me its ok? If its too hard to tell surely you cant argue your side either?

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: July 26, 2003 01:40AM
Posted by: _Alex_
Ellis, you're taking such a superficial view on the incident as usual. First of all, please stop trying to be patronising. I can read. Oleg can read. Thank you.

Formula One cars nearly bang wheels all the time. But not like at Canada in 1998. You are calling Schumacher a hypocrite because he said this after the Canada incident, but you seem to think he did exactly the same last weekend. You are incorrect. Schumacher made a perfectly fair (if aggressive) block on Alonso, and they were no where near banging wheels like Hill and Schumacher were in 1998.

You are accusing us of selective reading, but it has not occured to you that the only part of Michael's quote you are taking any interest in at all, is the part quoted above. You fail to appreciate the context. As is often the case, Michael isn't very strong at expressing his opinion in English, but still, it seems obvious to me that he is talking about the Canada incident as an isolated incident, and is saying that there is no excuse for swerving at somebody whilst they are alongside. Which is what Hill did. And NOT what Michael did last weekend. So he is not a hypocrite

Watch the video, Ellis, and realise that the two incidents are completely different. Then you might stop moaning... well... that'll be the day.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: July 26, 2003 02:02AM
Posted by: Vader

I think Gilles Villeneuve's and Rene Arnoux' overtaking manoeuvres in Canada 1978 were one of the finest moments of racing ever ... and they were banging wheels for laps!

Actually you cannot say "banging wheels" is bad in general. It is part of the action, just like accidents are part of the action.

There is, however, a thin line between "toughness" and "unfairness". Sometimes it is not easy to say on which side of the line you are. We just must not forget that we can watch an incident over and over again, look at pictures and video footage, read comments and have all the time to return a verdict, whereas the driver has only the fraction of a second to decide what to do. Concerning the "Schumacher/Alonso files", I would not go as far as to say that Schumacher deliberately tried to force Alonso off the track. I just think he has misjudged the situation (as he has done more than once before - just like other drivers).

In one point Oleg is right (don't know if he said it in this thread or somewhere else): if something had happened it would have been most probably classified as "racing incident". Racing incidents are, as I said, part of the action. Where there is fire there is smoke.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: July 26, 2003 04:17AM
Posted by: Oleg
Big hand to Oleg as he worked out the bold tags.

Thank you.Wonder how this is related to the argement?Uh,it isn't related?Quick someone tell Ellis that.

y good oleg, you managed to highlight something totally irrelevnet, thats very good.

I guess when something destroys your argument about the double standarts it becomes totally irrelevant.

,you may move once, but were we questioning him moving once? Looked like ocne to me. no problem there.

The guy with Button in his sig made a big fuss about it.

once again, for those who misssed it (Oleg with his selective reading), here it is one more time!

I have selective reading and you like making up things.See below.

So if its too hard to tell why are you trying to tell me its ok? If its too hard to tell surely you cant argue your side either?

For someone who used only one photo to say that it was an unfair move it is too rich.All i am saying that it's hard to draw conclusions from a single image.And where did i say that it was definately ok?

Everything in the past is better than today.It's true,I read it on the internet.
Date: July 26, 2003 04:58AM
Posted by: Mark
i am suprised that the ms alonso incident warranted a thread, i saw it at the time and thought no more of it.but you can rely on the anti schumi brigade to make something out of it.

the only nasty incident of the weekend was jv having a swipe at button and i'm sure if it had been ms you'd be moaning about that as well.is this the same alonso that ignores yellow flags and puts others in danger.

and as for the cheating comment i'm afraid thats getting a bit worn out,if the fia state it hadn't been using traction/launch control in 94 why you lot on here seem to think you know different is beyond me. my how people believe rumours
Date: July 26, 2003 05:28AM
Posted by: sasjag
yeah i agree with Mark/Alex/Oleg (did i just say that :-o)

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: July 26, 2003 05:55AM
Posted by: stevewaller
seems the schumacher lovers supporters club is getting stronger!! hehe ;)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Jenson Button and BAR..........Watch them fly in 2004
Date: July 26, 2003 06:39AM
Posted by: Vader
I am certainly no Schumacher supporter (never was and never will be) but I don't go for that usual "Oh he, let's do some Schumacher bashing" just for the sake of it.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: July 26, 2003 06:50AM
cool, maybe we should finish this thread now as it's going nowhere?? ;)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Date: July 26, 2003 08:16AM
I still agree with stevewaller here. Sry, but michael said there is no excuse for nearly banging wheels. Yet he had no problem driving right accross the track and putting his car where alonsos was already was.

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: July 26, 2003 08:38AM
Cheers Ellis ;););)

Date: July 26, 2003 09:13AM
Posted by: Mark
as far as i can see,and looking at the pic alonso at no point is alongside or in front of ms so i can't see what the problem is, he is allowed to move to defend his position and thats what he has done.
ms is ahead and can chose his line,i'd be more dissapointed if he'd just let him through without defending his position,he didnt put his car where alonsos was cause at no point was alonso level he was behind
Date: July 26, 2003 12:10PM
I want to see hard racing, but there's no skill in looking in your mirrors and moving across the moment the guy behind does. Defending position should be about car positioning, not a cynical block. It doesn't take any skill and it's dangerous. So for me, it's not hard racing.

(not said by me, but shows yet another point i think me and steve agree on)

Date: July 26, 2003 01:55PM
Posted by: _Alex_
seems the schumacher lovers supporters club is getting stronger!! hehe

Firstly, we're not Schumacher "lovers". We're fans of the best Formula One driver of this era. Secondly, you would be surprised (shocked, probably) to find out how large his fan base is (even in Britain), and to find out what a minority you're in with your "Schumacher's a dirty cheat" philosophy. I don't know whether you were joking by that remark, but I wouldn't be surprised if you weren't.

Defending position should be about car positioning, not a cynical block

Now you're argument is falling to pieces, it's interesting to see that you're resorting to... well, senseless claptrap. It wasn't a cynical block. This was intelligent car positioning. And how would you know how much skill it takes to defensively position a car on the race track?

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: July 26, 2003 02:03PM
Posted by: Oleg
So for me, it's not hard racing.

So it wasn't hard racing,let's see what can we do about the "unfair" part?

Everything in the past is better than today.It's true,I read it on the internet.
Date: July 26, 2003 03:10PM
Posted by: b-tone
We're fans of the best Formula One driver of this era

no doubt he is probably the most popular now, and people go to f1 just to see him, but he is probably also the most hated*.

*strong word

____
Tony

Date: July 26, 2003 04:07PM
Posted by: Pooky
it was amazing,

did you hear what brundle and allen were saying at silverstone, how we have all come out to support schumacher on sunday

i am glad that more brits are seeing past this 'stereotypical' arrogant schumacher that has been prtrayed by the press

it is good that people are seeing the real schumacher (or at least as close to as the only people that know the real schumacher is his wife!)

i have always admired his abilites, and when he does risky moves and when he pushes the boundaries a bit far sometimes, it just makes me admire him more because i admire how determined he is to win.

in that respect he reminds me a bit of senna, he was a man only born to win, nothing else. failure in his mind was not contemplated

Date: July 26, 2003 04:19PM
Posted by: DS2k3
thats why MS is the greatest. the race is neva over until some1 crosses the finish line until then MS will push to win . which i think thats amazing :)

Ferrari forever
Date: July 26, 2003 08:55PM
Posted by: Dizzoau
I want to see hard racing, but there's no skill in looking in your mirrors and moving across the moment the guy behind does.

Erm, there is nothing wrong with moving accross when the guy behind does.
Why? Because he is still behind! Wake up Ellis!

Defending position should be about car positioning, not a cynical block. It doesn't take any skill and it's dangerous. So for me, it's not hard racing.

It should not be about car positioning? If not, then what should it be about, banging wheels? You'd rather bang wheels then have good car position?

Quote by Ellis:
Also note the postion of Alonsos left front wheel shows its clearly in line or ahead of Michaesl right rear wheel. Therefore the cars were along side

Quote by Dizzoau:
So, when Kimi and Michael were *actually side-by-side* in Aus this year, and Kimi forced Michael onto the grass, then Kimi was in the wrong then too? I think so.... but not "too", as with Alonso and Michael, they were not really 'side-by-side' only their wheels were, unlike in Melbourne where Michael's *>50% of his car* was side-by-side with Kim, yet you condone that don't you Ellis?

Quote by Ellis:
fair enough, u think Michael was along side. but then if Michaels along side, how did Hill manage to swear back and foruth 4 times? That just doesnt work

ALonso WAS along side, that picture whos the wheels being inline.

Read 'Quote by Dizzoau' above, Ellis, and I would not call that 'side-by-side', but aus this year, kimi and ms, that was side-by-side.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy