Posted by Ellis 
Michael and Alonso
Date: July 24, 2003 10:23AM
Posted by: Ellis
was bound to come up sooner or later

Michael moves accross forcing Alonso off the track

Rather unclassy move by Ross Brawns standards i would think

quote from Michael after Canada 1998

"That was purely dangerous. If you kill somebody, you have to do it in a different way - not at 200mph. It is alright to defend your position once, but to move across the track three times is unacceptable. There is no excuse for nearly banging wheels. I wonder why he doesn't get punished and I find it impossible that such an experienced man does that. I will be having words."

the double standards in Michaels own mind is amazing :|

I dont care if thats starts a flame war or whatever, but erm, even michael cant decided on his own driving standards

Of course, Mark Blundel was very fast to point out he would ahve liked to have heard and interview with Ross Brawn

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Re: Michael and Alonso
Date: July 24, 2003 10:28AM
Posted by: Pooky
it was a bad move on alonso.

the day michael wills stop doing these moves, is when he gets punted up the rear at 200mph!

if montoya had not lifted at interlagos 2002 when ms did his move it would have pushed michael off the circuit and very hard into the wall!

and until michael feels 'scared' like DC was at nurburgring, he will keep on making these moves

alonso should not have lifted or moved, then clearly people would be looking at ms as to why he moved over

and ms might learn his lesson as he has more to lose championship wise than alonso

Date: July 24, 2003 10:31AM
Posted by: stevewaller
Bring on the flame war!! Ellis that is a great picture and it clearly shows how far over to the right MS pushed FA. If a driver had done exactly the same thing to michael you can garantee that MS and Ferrari would complain about it.

Ferrari and MS double standards, nothing new!!

This thread is going to get hot hot hot!!!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Jenson Button and BAR..........Watch them fly in 2004
Date: July 24, 2003 10:32AM
Posted by: X_Acto
I think M Schumacher never learn... :(

-----------------------------------------------------

Date: July 24, 2003 10:33AM
Also note the postion of Alonsos left front wheel shows its clearly in line or ahead of Michaesl right rear wheel. Therefore the cars were along side

This was a bad move, and only made worse by michaels apparent quote from the past

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: July 24, 2003 10:35AM
Posted by: Pooky
wasnt that quote from frentzen??

Date: July 24, 2003 10:36AM
Not according to grand prix magazine. It was apparently from Michael

Date: July 24, 2003 10:38AM
Posted by: stevewaller
Powerhorse, the quote is from Shumacher and he was talking about when Damon Hill blocked him on the front straight at Canada (just before the last chicane). He said that hill moved 4 times (which he didn't!) and was very dangerous. Michael really does have a short memory doesn't he!!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Jenson Button and BAR..........Watch them fly in 2004
Date: July 24, 2003 10:40AM
Posted by: Korn_Freak

i thought it was MS against hill swearving left to right all the way down one of the straights at montreal.

but yes its amazing how people like MS cry blue murder when something is done to them, but they can happily dish out the same thing to others.

i really dislike people who have double standards like that.

Didnt MS then move back onto the racing line? wich means he broke the only allowed to change lines once on defending?

Mabey F1 should do what cart have done. change it so you CANNOT block of defend your position.

Date: July 24, 2003 10:40AM
Posted by: X_Acto
Yes, very short indeed...

-----------------------------------------------------

Date: July 24, 2003 11:32AM
Posted by: Atomik
hehe,

Michael just makes me laugh :-)

He bumps into Hill in 1994, bumps into Villeneuve in 1997 (twice for the World Championship decider)... does this to Alonso and has done it to other people last year, and still has the guts to make stupid comments like in Canada 1998.... but how hey, he's the Big S and drives for the Big F so mister thinks he's untouchable for the FIA regulations. FIA should have punished him with a drive through or so...

You know what I really enjoyed most at the Silverstone GP ? Michael having a hard time to get passed Jacques, who was clearly in a much slower car. Ow man I would have loved to see JV in a faster car kicking MS's ass :-)

Cheers

"You know I couldn't go more on the inside, I was actually on the grass so ... I don't know, either Michael had his eyes closed or somehow his hands slid on the steering or something..." - Jacques Villeneuve, Jerez 1997, Post-Race Press Conference
Date: July 24, 2003 01:23PM
Posted by: _Alex_
I don't understand how anybody can compare this to what Hill did at Canada. Hill moved to block Schumacher three times. So it's not double standards because the situation is different.

I'll leave this thread for you guys to wallow in your contempt for Michael. At least it makes for amusing reading.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: July 24, 2003 01:33PM
Posted by: marcl
as i said in another post MS blocks in a different way to others, he lets them get a toe then he moves when they do.

He relys on the guy breaking, JPM new this and thats why he went to the outside in the other race.

I did not think the cars were that close though that pictures does show how close it was. If alonso spun it would have been nasty.

But u are right one day someone is gonna hit his rear wheels.
Date: July 24, 2003 01:37PM
What if alonso didnt move....and michael hit him. whos fault is it? Alonso for not moving, or Michaels for driving into him?

So it's not double standards because the situation is different.

Actaully it is Alex, if you read the the quote correctly enough

"That was purely dangerous. If you kill somebody, you have to do it in a different way - not at 200mph. It is alright to defend your position once, but to move across the track three times is unacceptable. There is no excuse for nearly banging wheels. I wonder why he doesn't get punished and I find it impossible that such an experienced man does that. I will be having words."

Now, that bit i highlighted shows the bit we are meaning

There is no excuse for nearly banging wheels. I wonder why he doesn't get punished and I find it impossible that such an experienced man does that.

If alonso didnt drive off the track they wud have banged wheels and that pic shows they were very close. dont selective read, it doesnt work

Date: July 24, 2003 01:46PM
Posted by: marcl
alonso should not have backed off, i would not have.

U can not race the guy at all, we have had great passes down straight the best one for guts was senna mansell in spain, u can not do that with ms
Date: July 24, 2003 02:12PM
Posted by: b-tone
anyone got footage?

____
Tony

Date: July 24, 2003 02:40PM
Posted by: _Alex_
alonso should not have backed off, i would not have

Yes you would! Alonso is quite an aggressive driver himself, but Michael made him back off.

Ellis you're missing the point. Michael moved once to block Alonso. Hill was swerving about all over the place. That is what Michael was complaining about. There is a big difference, and you're just not seeing it. You're too intent on trying to flame Schumacher.

Alonso was NOT alongside Schumacher. If my memory serves me correctly, then at Canada in 1998 Schumi was along side at one point and Hill chopped across at him (more than once), making Michael have a massive twitch under braking. I'll have to watch the footage again, but nevertheless, the two incidents are different.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: July 24, 2003 03:40PM
Posted by: sasjag
i'm sorry but i hafta agree with alex here, the move by micheal was perfectly fine, if it was any other driver who did it we wouldn't even be discussing it

micheal moved once accross the track, as he is entitled to do, and alonso wasn't alongside him, he had his front wheels by micheals rears, that is not alongside in my book

alos as i've sed before, Alonso didn't have to go onto the grass, he could have braked

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: July 24, 2003 04:29PM
Posted by: Muks_C
Alonso should have dummied Michael by starting to go right then switching to the left. Michael would have gone right to block, but if Alonso had gone to the left after the dummy, Michael would have been obliged to stay to the right. Alonso should have known that Michael (or any driver) would block them on the inside, so he should have dummied. But its different when you are travelling so fast and so close to think about it like this.

If I remember correctly Michael was trying to pass Damon down the final straight in Canada '98 and did have a big twitch under braking trying to avoid the swerving Hill, and did pass him, but both he and Hill went across the chicane.
Date: July 24, 2003 04:41PM
Ellis you're missing the point. Michael moved once to block Alonso. Hill was swerving about all over the place. That is what Michael was complaining about. There is a big difference, and you're just not seeing it. You're too intent on trying to flame Schumacher.

no Alex, thats NOT the point.

I'll put in Michaels quote AGAIN

The bold bit is the bit in question. He says theres no excuse for nearly banging wheels. Michael done this at Sivlerstone

Theres a few things wrong with the argument

If my memory serves me correctly, then at Canada in 1998 Schumi was along side at one point and Hill chopped across at him (more than once)

fair enough, u think Michael was along side. but then if Michaels along side, how did Hill manage to swear back and foruth 4 times? That just doesnt work

ALonso WAS along side, that picture whos the wheels being inline.

Like i said, Jason Plato was given a 5 race suspended ban for this driving in another series, and this is ment to be the greatest motorsport in the world and they get away with driving like this?

Yes you would! Alonso is quite an aggressive driver himself, but Michael made him back off.

No alex i dont think he would and i dont think you can tell him he would. I know i wouldnt. I would let him drive into me. Michael needs to get it into his head that people arent going to jump out the way for him. And i think drivers like JPM should be the ones telling him that.

This situation is no different from Hills other than Hill moved more than once. the move may have been technically legal, but its extreamly dangerous to drive right accross the full width of the track and attempt to put ur car in a position that someone else already has there car.

May be legal in the fact that he only moved once, but it was dangerous driving

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy