The Turkish Grand Prix Thread ***SPOILERS!!!***

Posted by Bernie The Bolt 
Forgotten-Boy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> hum dolin .. Karthikeyan WAS NOT faster than
> Monteiro today , Monteiro had problems with his
> gearbox and had a very long second pit stop ...
> 50.742 on second pit, 25 secs slower than normal
>
> if you dont like him , it´s ok , but no way that
> gives you the right of calling him dickhead !

gaa this time next year he wont be in the sport so all good :)
that´s ok now, it was a bad rookie mistake , if I could talk to him I would teach him one or two things he still didnt understand.

we will see Mini lol , Karthikeyan isnt doing a better job IMHO... even if he has calmed a lot more now , when Herbert came to midland

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/21/2005 05:25PM by Forgotten-Boy.
Re: The Turkish Grand Prix Thread ***SPOILERS!!!***
Date: August 21, 2005 05:24PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Cutting in infront of another car to take the line is normal. Because the other car is a lap down it should be being carefull around the leader anyway

I think JPM just mistook Monterio for someone with half a brain

both Jordan drivers were appauling today and i hope neither are back on the grid next year. Karen spent half a lap @#$%& up infront of Alonso until Button got through, then Monterio almost drove into a minardi, then did manage to drive into a McLaren. Both drivers showed no awareness of what was going on around them, so even if they did have the ability to make it in F1 (and neither do, not a hope in hell), they have less race craft than a fish anyway.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
True Dave ... I always get pissed at both of them because they take so much time to be lapped, or just be lapped at the end of the straight

btw , it´s Monteiro , not Monterio ;)
Date: August 21, 2005 05:35PM
Posted by: Razorsedge
I agree with the statements about the Jordan drivers; they are shite. But at the end of the day Mclaren have given Alonso ANOTHER gift.
And Ferrari really are craptucular now aren't they, imagine M.S. having to limp around to gain 3 places for qualifying: THAT my friends is depressing!!

Date: August 21, 2005 05:38PM
Posted by: IWE
dolinseks Wrote:
> But he was 3 laps down, he should have backed off
> earlier on the straight, not at at braking zone.
>

And Webber was 1 lap behind schumacher.. Why anybody isnt talking @#$%& about him?

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: August 21, 2005 05:38PM
Posted by: Red_Bull
recall as well montiero narrowly avoiding the back of doornbos at one stage. perhaps this guy needs glasses?

great race tho, i enjoyed every minute. good to see a kimi win, but so disappointed for montoya. i desperately want mclaren to get that 1,2 finish they so thoroughly deserve.

oh well, next time out i guess.
it´s kind of weird to see the ferrari drivers so bad ... I dont understand.
they tested so much on the break and were so bad at Turkey ... 2 secs slower than the mclarens basically, that´s a LOT !
Date: August 21, 2005 05:46PM
Posted by: dolinseks
IWE Wrote:
> dolinseks Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > But he was 3 laps down, he should have backed
> off
> > earlier on the straight, not at at braking
> zone.
> >
>
> And Webber was 1 lap behind schumacher.. Why
> anybody isnt talking @#$%& about him?
>
>
> Welcome to the future of racesims...

Because Webber was clearly faster at that time than MS.

Date: August 21, 2005 05:49PM
Posted by: Muks_C
was Webber really 1 lap down on MS? I didn't notice that, I though they were fighting for genuine positions. MS didn't seem angry about it in the interview, which he would have been if he had lapped Mark and that Mark should have not troubled him.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: August 21, 2005 05:53PM
Posted by: keiran
Tiagro had missed his braking point end of. I've done it on an online race in LFS when battling with someone just got to close and can't see the apex and end up off the track. Tiagro should have been far more aware since he was lapped but he seemed to be sleeping :( When will Montoya get a good race in!!

The Schumacher incident I put more blame on Schumacher, he left the door open Webber had the line and MS should have given him room and took the position back at the next corner. Anyway if Schumacher goes about slagging Webber off I'm sure Webber can look back the years for a few ocasions where Schumacher was to blame ;-)

Keiran

vMax.Keiran
Velocity Maximum Simulation Racing
www.vMaxSR.com
www.liveforspeed.net LFS Status:
Date: August 21, 2005 05:59PM

Posted by: Muks_C (IP Logged)
Date: August 21, 2005 05:49PM

was Webber really 1 lap down on MS? I didn't notice that, I though they were fighting for genuine positions. MS didn't seem angry about it in the interview, which he would have been if he had lapped Mark and that Mark should have not troubled him.

MS didnt lap mark. Mark had to trail the tyre back to the pits. Mark caught the back of Schumacher and after a lap of trying to get passed (and not for position) he went down the inside and Schumacher closed the door

Schumacher would have lost nothing letting mark past

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Dave, when both touched Mark was last place and 1 lap down on Schumacher
Date: August 21, 2005 06:40PM
Posted by: dolinseks
Well, Dave just said that. :)

Hi, regarding williams´ punctures according to Pedro de La Rosa on Spanish TV:

He said, the Williams are the softer cars on the grid, so they use a very low setting on the roll bars, which means they tend to go all the way into the kerbs. He said Dupasquier said there were no problem with the tires, but michelin teams were instructed not go wide over the kerbs at turn 9 and 13. So, de la Rosa said that was the cause of the punctures, they all happened at the same corner.

BTW he always is very accurate on his comments so it might be true.
Date: August 21, 2005 07:00PM
Posted by: mikef1
"it´s kind of weird to see the ferrari drivers so bad ... I dont understand.
they tested so much on the break and were so bad at Turkey ... 2 secs slower than the mclarens basically, that´s a LOT." Ferrari didn't have the new tyre that they had in Hungary but basically the car isn't good and they need really soft tyres to make them fast, at the expense of longevity.
Date: August 21, 2005 07:14PM
reutemann05, the rear wing was cutting into the tyre. They had no problem with the tyre itself. When it was underload it flexs and it was touching the rear wing

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
@dolinseks , sometimes my english sucks , sorry ;-)
@mikef1 , yeah I forgot about the new tyres , thanks for clearing that up
Date: August 21, 2005 08:00PM
Posted by: villej
According to Mika Salo it was Montoyas fault. Salo said that the car behind always loses all aerodynamic grip in situation like that, and it was impossible for Monteiro to slow down as fast as Montoya was able to. According to him FIA has also warned drivers for situations like that, and advised that they should not come instantly back to the racing line after lapping cars.

My photo gallery: [viltzu86.deviantart.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy