Time to replace the ICE man too

Posted by Bigbrother 
Re: Time to replace the ICE man too
Date: July 27, 2003 01:04PM
Posted by: Ellis
Thank you LS and goodnight :) ;)

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: July 27, 2003 01:05PM
Posted by: Oleg
"Mclaren wud have wiped the floor with everyone at Hockenhiem, if not for the loan spectator getting the job done and doing what he set out to do and ruin Mercedes race. Theres no chance in hell rubens wud have won te race if that didnt happen"

Yes,but the point is that Rubens was able to hold off Hakkinen on slicks on a semi-wet track.You have to admit that it takes some skills to be able to do that.BTW i was really happy when he won,cause i love their antemn.

Everything in the past is better than today.It's true,I read it on the internet.
Date: July 27, 2003 01:08PM
Yes,but the point is that Rubens was able to hold off Hakkinen on slicks on a semi-wet track.You have to admit that it takes some skills to be able to do that.BTW i was really happy when he won,cause i love their antemn.

So of he was able to hold of Mika, that means mika was going faster and it was pure luck Rubens was there in the first place?

Still either way, means nothing because we were comapring Micahel and JPM, not Micahel and Rubens or Micahel and anyone else. Michael and JPM, and there tyres they have and the job they are doing with them.

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: July 27, 2003 01:10PM
So of he was able to hold of Mika, that means mika was going faster and it was pure luck Rubens was there in the first place?

*shrugs*.Oh well,i tried.

Everything in the past is better than today.It's true,I read it on the internet.
Date: July 27, 2003 03:12PM
Posted by: _Alex_
Thats very good, but again, we were talknig about JPM vs Micahel

Just please stop repeating the same thing over and over. I got your point the first time. Unfortunately, you didn't get mine. I was merely giving examples of instances when Michael and Rubens have performed exceptionally well in tricky conditions - that being the best demonstration of great car control. My point: these examples were my basis for my opinion that Michael has the best car control on the grid. This doesn't necessitate Montoya being present at these Grand Prixs. So Michael is a proven master of tricky conditions. Montoya isn't. You might argue that Montoya hasn't had the tyre, but equally I might add that neither did Michael during the Bridgestone vs. Goodyear era, particularly 1998, when he performed supremely well in all manner of conditions, with an inferior tyre.

Anyway, while I've been writing this, I was thinking: All F1 drivers have exceptional car control, and it is too close to call who has the "best". It is how the driver applies it which is important. And without doubt, Schumacher applies it more effectively than any other driver.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: July 27, 2003 03:13PM
Posted by: Mark
you can blame the spectator for costing mika the win,but he never told mika to pit for wets,it was rubens ability in mixed conditions that won him the race not the spectator,if mika had confidence in his ability he would not of pitted stayed out and still won the race,the idiot who ran on the track wasn't the deciding factor,if mika had stayed out he still would of won.
Date: July 27, 2003 03:19PM
Alex, we were comparing Michael and JPM, nothing else. If u wish to start talknig about Michaels driving in past years, on you go, but thats not what this conversation was about at all. Fine, give examples of previous years all you want, but it means nothing in an argument about a different subject

Date: July 27, 2003 03:27PM
This is all too subjective.I hate speculation like this.There are too many variables stacked in both driver's favour that the clear conclusion is simply impossible.

Date: July 27, 2003 04:41PM
Posted by: Todays_Horse
Comparing MS and JPM? Why?

Ron Dennis wont get rid of the irritating fin. His dream team would have been Mika and Kimi. What DC must have thought when Mika took his 'sabattical' and Kimi arrives??? If anyones going its DC. Maybe not next season but soon. Well, maybe it will be next season! But where is he going and who will replace him? JPM seems to in line for a Mclaren drive but im not going to bet on it, After all Frank Williams pursued him with a vengence after that overtaking manouvre on the grass in his F3000 days. JV is another candidate.

'The beak of Ayrton Senna's chicken is pulling ahead!' ~ Murray Walker
Date: July 27, 2003 04:54PM
Posted by: LS.
This is all too subjective.I hate speculation like this.There are too many variables stacked in both driver's favour that the clear conclusion is simply impossible.

does'nt stop the MS brigade from claiming that victorys were all down to his suoperhuman talent though does it, when tyres and stragdegy come in to play

ross brawn deserve a lot credit but rarely gets it, its down to MS god divine talent most of the time ( yawn)

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: July 27, 2003 05:01PM
Good job Schumacher realises it then. Thats why he built the same team of people round him as he did at benetton.

Date: July 27, 2003 05:19PM
Posted by: LS.
i think it was more down to the pay masters at ferrari, they would have seen the "package " at benneton in 94/95 and thats why when they hired schumacher they also bought the guts out of benneton

in 96 the paddock refered to ferrari as ferrariton because of the influx of the benneton staff

a lot of the success at ferrari is down to the key elements from the winning benneton package

yet this is always overlooked when judging schumachers impressive acheivments

i think is was james hunt who once said that a world champion never has a bad car

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: July 27, 2003 05:20PM
Posted by: calimbo
I don't think kimi should be replaced. he has a lot of talent, and he's so young. Plus his experience is so reduced, is like if he has a natural talent as Fisichella has. I think that the breakthroug driver this year is Mark Webber and Kimi Raikkonen, not Alonso. Webber, in a car that is not good enough for his talent, has demostrated he is a valuable driver, Kimi has a fighting car and he is doing such a great job. Alonso haven't shown anything more than that he's a driver.
Date: July 27, 2003 05:28PM
But surley this is not a bad thing if a winning combination is headhunted by another team?

Look what happened to Mclaren when there was just a hint of their top designer leaving for Jaguar (which they had 'poached' themselves from Williams, who in turn snapped him up from Leyton House) and the success that followed after those moves. Who knows where Mclaren might now be had he gone, and where Jaguar might be had they got him.

Leyton House...now theres a blast from the past.

Date: July 28, 2003 12:44AM
Posted by: _Alex_
Alex, we were comparing Michael and JPM, nothing else

Oh God I give up. You obviously haven't read my post (either that or you've done your usual and realised that I'm making a good point and so ignore it). So, let's compare Michael and JPM, nothing else:

Michael: 5 World Championships.
JPM: 0 World Championships.

Michael: 68 victories
JPM: 2 victories.

does'nt stop the MS brigade from claiming that victorys were all down to his suoperhuman talent though does it, when tyres and stragdegy come in to play... ross brawn deserve a lot credit but rarely gets it, its down to MS god divine talent most of the time ( yawn)

No mate, we're yawning down this end. You still fail to appreciate that Schumacher has to sweat it out on the track. He excels where other drivers don't - that is, in thumping in those awesome laps between pitstops, and on in laps and out laps. He does it consistantly.

If you could have it your way, you'd insist that Ross Brawn sat on the pitwall controlling the Ferrari with a joy pad.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: July 28, 2003 03:37AM
If you could have it your way, you'd insist that Ross Brawn sat on the pitwall controlling the Ferrari with a joy pad.

You're confusing it with Sam Michaels and Montoya.

does'nt stop the MS brigade from claiming that victorys were all down to his suoperhuman talent though does it, when tyres and stragdegy come in to play

ross brawn deserve a lot credit but rarely gets it, its down to MS god divine talent most of the time ( yawn)

a lot of the success at ferrari is down to the key elements from the winning benneton package

yet this is always overlooked when judging schumachers impressive acheivments

I suppose there's no middle ground in this arguement.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy