cor he talks some bollocks.

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Re: Mansells memories
Date: August 11, 2005 07:22PM
Posted by: LS.
Nige reminds me alot of Stirling Moss.

Always going on about how great they were, surely it should be for others to say that.

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: August 11, 2005 08:06PM
Posted by: champ
still,didn't mansell hold the f1 championship and the cart championship at the same time?
Date: August 11, 2005 08:19PM
Posted by: Red Sam
F1 champ 1992
CART champ 1993

I dont know if you can count them as being held at the same time........ ?

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: August 11, 2005 08:26PM
Posted by: champ
only mean that f1 champ hadn't been decided yet, so technically he held both titles
Date: August 11, 2005 08:27PM
Posted by: Forgotten-Boy
ah yeah true
Date: August 12, 2005 08:43AM
Posted by: marcl
yes mansell always give it his all dont he, 1995 lolol well done nige lol

and in Germany 1990 he retired a healthy car.

There was also some luck luster drives in 1988 and in mexico 1991 he said his car lost power but the team could find nothing wrong.
Date: August 12, 2005 12:41PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Always going on about how great they were, surely it should be for others to say that.

Well theres no real problem with them saying how great they were, but it seems like Nigel is always making stuff up or exageratting things to make it look like the entire grid was agaisnt him and that his drive was amazing. He would tell us he was driving a Minardi if he thought we'd belive it

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: August 12, 2005 12:53PM
even on the senna tribute prog mansell had to compare himself to senna when there was no need to
Date: August 12, 2005 05:39PM
DaveEllis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Always going on about how great they were, surely
> it should be for others to say that.
>
> Well theres no real problem with them saying how
> great they were, but it seems like Nigel is always
> making stuff up or exageratting things to make it
> look like the entire grid was agaisnt him and that
> his drive was amazing. He would tell us he was
> driving a Minardi if he thought we'd belive it
>
>

personally i cringe when ever Mansell or Moss talk about their own greatness, if anything Stirling is worse than Mansell for that

LS's Tip of the week
Date: August 12, 2005 05:49PM
In the third instalment of his reminiscences on his grand prix career, Mansell talks about his rivalry with the great Brazilian.

For more memories and comment from Nigel

LS's Tip of the week
Date: August 12, 2005 05:49PM
In the fourth instalment in the series of Nigel Mansell features we are running this week on ITV-F1.com, Nigel explains why a racing driver always has to be wary of the threat posed by his team-mate.

He recalls his experiences partnering two of the most accomplished grand prix drivers of all time, Alain Prost and Nelson Piquet.

For more memories and comment from Nigel

LS's Tip of the week
Date: August 12, 2005 05:58PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
rofl. Yup, everythings against him. Next week he'll be teeling us he a 1.5litre Ford Fiesta engine in there and had pedals and only his amazing stamina in his legs got him the win.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: August 12, 2005 09:18PM
wtf?

I have seen part of the 5th instalment

Me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me and Alain, who I hated, and Ayrton, who respected and worshipped me.

RedSam

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: August 12, 2005 09:57PM
Posted by: -qwerty-
ive never trusted brummies tbh

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: August 12, 2005 10:07PM
theres a few round here you know!

Keep your head down, or they'll beat you oop, loike!

RedSam

Date: August 13, 2005 09:18AM
in most of sennas wins mansell was not 2nd what is he talking about, and in most of mansells win senna was not 2nd.
Date: August 14, 2005 09:56PM
Posted by: Race_Monkey
LS. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> personally i cringe when ever Mansell or Moss talk
> about their own greatness, if anything Stirling is
> worse than Mansell for that

Thats SIR Stirling Moss to you!

Date: August 15, 2005 01:06AM
Posted by: Speed_Addict
Wow, way too much self complimenting there Nige...

This one i don't get from the first reminiscence, about the pole time @ Adelaide:

"But look at the history books and they

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2005 01:47AM by Speed_Addict.
Date: August 15, 2005 11:51AM
Posted by: b-tone
surely this is all a pisstake?!

People forget that in most of my race wins, Ayrton was second to me. In most of his race wins, I was second to him.

in 31 wins, senna was second 7 times.

____
Tony

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy