Valentino back to F1.......again

Posted by assadof1 
Re: Valentino back to F1.......again
Date: August 04, 2005 07:12PM
Posted by: matthewp
I tend to believe that too, theres no way too be sure of course.

Date: August 04, 2005 07:12PM
Posted by: Stan
Schumacher best lap with F2005 (qual setup) 57.2
Barichello best lap with F2005 (qual setup) 57.8
Rossi best lap with F2004M ( race setup ) 58.2
laps done 128 over 2 days
;)

Date: August 04, 2005 07:49PM
Posted by: Muks_C
@ Locke Cole, you can't really compare Rossi jumping to F1 with JV and JPM going to F1, those 2 already driving 4-wheels for many years, and were champions.

I also think with enough practice he would do well, but whether its consistent race finishes or multiple-world-titles, its too early to call.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: August 04, 2005 08:28PM
Posted by: Nemesis78
BUT

Even if he does swap over when his Yamaha contract expires end of 06. The cars will be technically a lot different to the Ferrari hes been driving. So this all strikes me as a publicity thing.
Date: August 04, 2005 08:40PM
Posted by: IWE
Nemesis78 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> BUT
>
> Even if he does swap over when his Yamaha contract
> expires end of 06. The cars will be technically a
> lot different to the Ferrari hes been driving. So
> this all strikes me as a publicity thing.

But Rossi will test Ferrari many times next year. So he will know secrets of f2005 and f2006 so it wont be so much different.. :D

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: August 05, 2005 02:46AM
Posted by: assadof1
how you know there times i read that ferrari didn't published any time
are you spying on them

speed freak
Date: August 30, 2005 05:24PM
"Valentino Rossi is on the verge of clinching his fifth straight MotoGP title at Motegi in a three weeks time as rumours and reports from Italy, specifically La Repubblica suggest that the Italian star has signed a three year deal to join Ferrari in 2007 for an estimated 80 million Euros.

La Repubblica suggests that Rossi and Kimi Raikkonen will be the 2007 lineup for the once dominant champions.

There has been nothing official on this from Ferrari who just took up an option on the services of Felipe Massa to partner Michael Schumacher next year. Schumacher himself is under contract to the squad until the end of 2006 and according to reports, will await the first tests of the F2006 before making any decision as to whether he will remains with the team, move to pastures new, or retire from the sport.

The Rossi-Ferrari link is nothing new, but recent test with the teams seem to indicate the two parties are moving closer to a long- term working relationship and Rossi is believed to be conducting another two tests this year for Ferrari. His new contract with Yamaha is a one year extension and is up at the end of 2006.

Of course, a lot of Ferrari's 2007 lineup will depend on how competitive the team is next year and how well Felipe Massa performs alongside Schumacher. As it stands, Ferrari and tyre partner Bridgestone are between one and two seconds a lap off the pace at many Grand Prix. Should the team return to its winning ways in 2006, Raikkonen and Rossi may well be more inclined to make the move."

from f1-live
i even heard in that last motogp race that rossi will do some testing with ferrari in barcelona with the other teams in the track too, to find out what rossi can do compare to other drivers...this rumor getting stronger every day
really if it's gona be rossi and kimi it will be a dream team.....

speed freak
Date: August 30, 2005 05:31PM
Posted by: marcl
i think he will be in f1 come 2007. It will be good for the sport.

As for kimi i still think he will stay at mclaren, he can make that his team and if he goes to ferrari he could suffer due to a new guy that aint used to f1 and needed more attention.

Plus mclaren know how to build a car for him ferrari only know how to build cars for MS
Date: August 30, 2005 07:52PM
Posted by: sega
there was ferrari before MS and there will be ferrari after MS

Saludos desde Colombia.
Date: August 30, 2005 08:08PM
Posted by: gin
he looks so young....blesss :*)

Date: August 31, 2005 12:41AM
"ferrari only know how to build cars for MS " from where you got that idea!!

speed freak
Date: September 01, 2005 09:53PM
"ferrari only know how to build cars for MS"

That happened in Benetton team. They didnt care about second driver and made cars only for Michael! They did keep saying "car is still too much like it was when Michael was driving. Nobody other cant handle it like him" even 2year after Schumi did move to ferrari.. but that was more than 10year ago..

Schumacher can drive crappy cars faster than others but 2000-2004 Ferrari F1 cars was more like team wanted them to be and is was easy to see from results..

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: September 02, 2005 08:34PM
Posted by: Stan

Rumours that MotoGP star will drive for Ferrari in 2007, have been given further credibility following Ross Brawn's admission that the Italian will take part in further tests for the Maranello outfit.

"This winter and next year he'll do a few more serious tests," the Englishman told reporters at Monza. "It's a kind of open-ended agreement.

"There are some objectives," he continued. "He's going to try and have more time next year to devote to this and I would expect he would be in the car once a month or once every six weeks. I think it will be a reasonable programme to have continuity and make a proper judgement," added Brawn.

Although Rossi has previously tested for the World Championship winning team, little information was made available, though sources suggest that Ferrari was massively impressed.

"One was a nice day out and the last one was a bit more serious," admitted Brawn. "You can see he's got huge potential. I think there's a huge potential from a driver point of view and from a commercial point of view you can imagine the potential it would have as well."

As F1 prepares for the inevitable retirement of Michael Schumacher, recent rumours have Rossi linked up at Ferrari with Kimi Raikkonen, a line-up that clearly has Brawn, a known admirer of the Finn, drooling.

"It has a nice ring to the names isn't it, Raikkonen and Rossi," he said. "Everyone can see Kimi is a fantastic driver, he would be a catch for Ferrari. I think Michael's got to stop one day and the two guys you've got to say appeal are Alonso and Raikkonen."

Date: September 06, 2005 04:48PM
Posted by: gary42
Kimi will probably stay at Macca - Ron loves his Finns, and is treating Kimi like a young Mika, and he won't get that treatment at Ferrari. Apparently Rossi's gonna do a major test each month next year, and surely the changes to the regs will help, as every-one will take a while to get used to the new cars, helping a fast learner, like Rossi
Date: September 06, 2005 05:30PM
Posted by: Ferrari_Fuhrer
Yeah, I have to say, I don't really see that Kimi has any reason to move away from Macca really.

[Website]
Date: September 07, 2005 05:56PM
will for me i don't see kimi in mclaren for the next few years
and i am 100% he will end up in the scarlet car no doubt about it

speed freak
Date: September 07, 2005 07:12PM
Then you are blind..

Date: September 07, 2005 07:42PM
maybe but nice sig
i see schumacher become like david 2006 is my year

speed freak
Date: September 08, 2005 08:22PM
Posted by: toltecbr
marketing and dreams... that´s all

- Nelson Piquet - F1 WORLD CHAMPION 81/83/87 -
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy