Did anyone watch that Alonso - Shumacher (M) comparison

Posted by sharkhello 
If you did, I wonder if you enjoyed it? - I have to say I did, not because of the subject matter but because of the clips they showed of shumi overtaking the Ferrari at interlagos and taking Hill at Spa in 95. It reminded me that F1 did not used to be processional, back in the good old days of slick tyres, low noses and real racing! I dont know about you I would rather see some classic races with real action every other sunday afternoon, rather than a start, pit stops and podium ceremony! I could not help but notice that this forum had been reduced to talking about how clean the drivers suits were in the press confrance after the race! Is this the formula one we all love? I shout to the FIA, bring back

1) Goodyear eagle tyres with no grooves
2) Marlboro sponsored Mclarens
3) Scrap of driver aids
4) Proper formula one nose cones, low to the ground ones
5) Two hour long qualifying hours, one on fri and one on sat
6) Excitment, cars that can overtake and fight each other!
i agree to a certain extent.

all they need to do is:

bring back slick tyres
reduce the front and rear wing sizes and ban diffusers
remove all driver aids, and also power steering

these addtions would result in a very difficult car to control,

the grip of wide slicks, not TC/LC auto gears / power steering would mean the car could only be driven by experienced strong drivers,

not 18 year old kids with just formula ford experience!

1) Goodyear eagle tyres with no grooves
2) Marlboro sponsored Mclarens
3) Scrap of driver aids
4) Proper formula one nose cones, low to the ground ones
5) Two hour long qualifying hours, one on fri and one on sat
6) Excitment, cars that can overtake and fight each other!

1 - the FIA cant go to goodyear and say "right you are back in F1, you have no choice"

2 - FIA cant turn round and tell Marlboro to go back to mclaren, especially when the tabacco ban is gona get here

3 - scrap driver aids. Everyone wants that

4 - you can un-invent aerodynamics, but you can ban major parts

5 - not sure what two hour long qualifying would achive

6 - its easier said that done to bring back excitment. You cant just bring it back, you have to do alot of work on it

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Powerhorse i would add one thing to your list.

Wide cars so theres more slipstreaming!

At last someone agrees with me over driver aids.

I am not saying go make to gear sticks but the drivers should use the flippers.

Did anyone else notice how long the mclaren takes to change gear compared to ferrari and williams. With them 2 cars u can hardly hear it with the mclaren it seems to take ages
I think having two hour qualifying would make things considerably worse as in that case whoever has the fastest package will almost certainly be on pole and will therefore probably run away with the race, with the current system at least there's a good chance of the fastest car/driver package being a fair way down the grid

Im all for scrapping the aids, but yeah they shud keep paddel gears and stuff, but not fully auto boxes, TC, LC. Makes like a bit boring

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
i disagree there needs to be missed gears, and more challage, a normal system gives that

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005
yeah, thats true, but when we say "back to basics" how far back can we really go?

Manual gear sticks? Does CART still run them?

yeah, thats true, but when we say "back to basics" how far back can we really go?

Manual gear sticks? Does CART still run them?

The Champ car drivers still change gears. But how can you say "back to basics"?

It goes against everything thats motor racing.
I know CART drivers change there own gears, but do they sue a stick of paddel shifting?

Andy has pointed out paddel shifting is easier, and i agree.

It goes against everything thats motor racing.

Not really. You dont need technology to have great racing. I watch nascar and they are effectivly aerodynamic bricks, they dont have much technology involved on them compared with the likes of F1

All cart drivers have to do is move a stick up and down, in f1 they used to have to move the stick like in a car.

Power steering make it easier a drivers used to have to be srong, did u see alonso's arms i have more musle than him.

I just do not like TC and LC. if a driver makes a bad start its down to software not the driver that never used to be the case. We may as well have rolling starts
the main thing that needs to be done is too make the cars much harder to drive

by banning power steering, that would aid that. it would knacker out a driver not strong enough

you woudnt have seen 18 year old asmer, or piquet junior testing a 1980's 1500hp turbo chaged F1 car would you

Not really. You dont need technology to have great racing.

Thats what I meant. Auto-shifting is not right in motor racing.
tbh motorracing should just be down to man and machine

not computer and machine

CART uses sequential gear shifting....so unlike the old days...they can't miss a gear but it does take one hand off the wheel which is great for mistakes to happen

its been time to ban TC and LC but its also time to lessen the effects of the aerodynamics of a car and get back to ways when mechanical grip was king

who the hell can understand getting "dirty air" and losing downforce from following too close to another car

i can understand wheelspin, brakes locking up, the suspension going up and down, and stuff like that

well let atleast we have GPL :-)
Why did they bother with TC/LC anyway? :S
2000 was a great season, why introduce them after that?

"Treat others with respect and you too will be respected." Oac - ed'c dnia - E ys yldiymmo drec cyt. :)
Because the FIA finally gave in and sid there was no effective way to police traction Control

there is, sealed, standardsed control systems....

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005
yes, that is a way, but they werent going down to that level because it requires a massive change in the rules, and you cant expect the teams to be able to adapt there cars to that. You have to tell them a long time in advance to achive something like that

There was no way of policing TC without a major change in the regs

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy