Posted by Hakkinenf1 
Re: its getting...... ***SPOILER***
Date: July 25, 2005 04:30PM
Posted by: Nickv
Bit stupid points-system then.
Date: July 25, 2005 04:50PM
Posted by: Ferrari_Fuhrer
Yeah, but it was based on x number of points finishes then. I think it was the best 9, or maybe 10.

[Website]
Date: July 25, 2005 06:27PM
Posted by: Nickv
I found it:
The 11 best scores out of 16 counted for the championship.
Prost scored 105 points, but only 87 counted.
Senna scored 94 points which all counted.
Date: July 25, 2005 06:40PM
Posted by: b-tone
that was the case since 1950. various formats including X from the first half of the season + Y from the last half etc.
it kind of means you need good results all season

____
Tony

Date: July 25, 2005 06:42PM
Posted by: Hakkinenf1
F1racing.net
=====================
Human error caused Kimi exit

Finger trouble left Kimi Raikkonen stranded at the side of Hockenheim's F1 circuit on Sunday. 'Speed TV' revealed that the leading Finn's McLaren broke down not because of Mercedes engine failure or a bust hydraulic system, but a fluid leak triggered by human error. A pressure relief valve had apparently not been re-fastened properly after a check.

Woking principal Ron Dennis said of the failure, and teammate Juan Pablo Montoya's qualifying shunt: "A pretty unsatisfactory performance all round. The mountain is now a bit steeper," he added, "but our commitment to the challenge remains undiminished."
===============

see ....this is exactly what i am talking about
its not a relieblity issue...its something stupid like this...
why it didn't happen tell Kimi led a race
why didn't happen when he was 12 and 13 on the starting grid
why it didn't happen when he was 3rd in Bahrain
why it didn't happen to Montoya

sadly i don't beleive in luck...otherwise my life could have been easer

-------------------------
gooooz fra ba
Date: July 25, 2005 07:00PM
look how did we loose the title in 2003
in 55 of years formula 1 ...drivers were not allowed to be pushed back by the marshals
and in that year they were allowed...and the only one who was pushed in three years

2003-2004-2005 was Michael
in nurburing in 2003 , Michael was pushed back after his spin
and so he got 4 points...and those points gave him the title...
its realy sad being a Mclaren fan...isn't it???

gooooz fra ba
Date: July 25, 2005 07:46PM
Posted by: tripleM
I have a hazy image in my head of Hakkinen being pushed back onto the track at Silverstone in 1994.

It's weird how for all the talk and undoubted attention that goes into team-building and human resource development at McLaren Raikkonen's DNF was a result of complacency.

:-o

Date: July 25, 2005 08:12PM
Posted by: Muks_C
@ HakkinenF1, the rule was changed so a driver could be pushed back on track in certain situations, and Michael was the only one who took notice of this rule. you can't blame him for trying to get a push, can you?

(however I think it should be 1 way or the other, none of this "if you're in a dangerous position you can get a push, if you're in a non-dangerous position you can't" nonsense. I don't like the way marshalls run across to push cars out, its them at risk at the end of the day, but you can't blame the driver for wanting to rejoin the race, the marshalls should simply ignore the drivers request.)

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: July 26, 2005 02:18AM
i am not blaming Michael...i am balming the coinsience of having that rule in that certin year
and don't forget how Kimi lost the win in Australia,they programed his pit limited to 1,01 rather than 1,00 KM so he was penlaised , those are another 4 points to cry on

gooooz fra ba
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy