The German Grand Prix **SPOILERS GO HERE**

Posted by Morbid 
Re: The German Grand Prix **SPOILERS GO HERE**
Date: July 24, 2005 06:53PM
Posted by: tripleM
You can put extra strain on the drivetrain.

Date: July 24, 2005 06:53PM
Posted by: MrMan
Opps double post, sorry.

Ciaran

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2005 06:54PM by MrMan.
Date: July 24, 2005 06:54PM
Posted by: LS.
i thought ITV had already shown that feature last time out.

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: July 24, 2005 06:55PM
Posted by: IWE
Zcott Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You guys are doing a lot of writing off of Kimi's
> chances. It only takes a couple of retirements
> from Alonso and a few wins from Kimi and he'll be
> right up there again. After all, there are still
> eight races remaining!

Or only a couple of retirements from Alonso and Kimi and then Schumi or Montoya will win the championship! :P

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: July 24, 2005 06:59PM
What bugs me now is that if Montoya hadn't have slid off the road in quali, would he have been able to win the race, or if Kimi had finished would he have come second? Kind of a kick in the teeth for Mclaren seeing as how fast he was towards the end of the race.

Am happy anyways, RBR getting two more points!

Ciaran
Date: July 24, 2005 07:15PM
Posted by: matt
MrMan Wrote:
> Am neutral on the account of Kimi v Alonso, I
> think that both are good drivers and we are yet to
> see the best of both.
>
> Anyway, what did you all think of that F1 Insight
> bit? I thought it was pretty good, was
> interesting.
>
> Ciaran

i thought it was the same as what they showed at british gp

Date: July 24, 2005 07:16PM
Posted by: IceKimi
Kimi's driving reminds me of Mansell. Very agressive, very fast and spetacular but very demandig to the cars with a lot of DNFs.
Hope that kimi become WDC before his 40's :-)

Team McLaren
Grand Prix entries:597 Wins:148 Pole Positions:122
Date: July 24, 2005 07:21PM
matt Wrote:
> i thought it was the same as what they showed at
> british gp
>
>

Oh maybe it was, I missed the pre show, can't remember why.

Ciaran
Date: July 24, 2005 07:22PM
Posted by: vesuvius
IceKimi Wrote:
> Kimi's driving reminds me of Mansell. Very
> agressive, very fast and spetacular but very
> demandig to the cars with a lot of DNFs.
> Hope that kimi become WDC before his 40's
>
>
> Team McLaren
> Grand Prix entries:592 Wins:142 Pole
> Positions:119

I think Alonso's and Montoya's driving style is more agressive than Kimi's :)
Date: July 24, 2005 07:24PM
Posted by: calimbo
A german expert already said that: Montoya is more agressive than Kimi while looking at the way he handle the steering wheel on the t-cam

Date: July 24, 2005 07:30PM
Posted by: Bigbrother
Well Alonso is WC and deserves it the car is the best reliable of the pack and they also deserve the constructors championship.

Mclaren is the fastest car now, mayby since Imola but what do you get with that if you can't make the finish line over and over again. Kimi had much luck already to have 2 engine failures in practice so he could score points in race!

And if if if if if that is all crap, facts are renault are reliable, mclaren is fast and Bridgestone tyres are crap this year.

WTG on ALONSO and RENAULT
Date: July 24, 2005 07:37PM
Posted by: calimbo
Bigbrother Wrote:
> Well Alonso is WC and deserves it the car is the
> best reliable of the pack and they also deserve
> the constructors championship.
>

I agree with you when you say Alonso is WC, and maybe he desrves it. But saying renault deserves the WC too, I disaggre with that, completely. McLaren, as a team has done better than Renault, giving both drivers the opportunity to fight each other, or at least both drivers give important points to the team, while Fisichella is really struggling, i don't know if is him or the team who is doing it, I suspect is the team

Date: July 24, 2005 07:41PM
Posted by: Bigbrother
Yeah but they aren't reliable enough to win the WC (mclaren)

Thank god that championship is not decided yet. We will see who gets the title but i prefer renault over mclaren at this moment due renaults reliability and GP wins!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2005 07:42PM by Bigbrother.
Date: July 24, 2005 07:52PM
Posted by: b-tone
renault deserve the title more than alonso. all alonso has to do is wait till the merc retires and away he goes.

alonso needs to finish 4th in every race to win, so maybe renault get conservitive, but theres no need i guess. just let kimi get far enough ahead so his smoke wont get in fernando's eyes.

____
Tony

Date: July 24, 2005 07:56PM
Posted by: marcl
it was the same in 1998, 1999 i only thought mclaren would win when they crossed the finish line cause ever since merc they break down more than any other top team,

This nearly cost them in 98 and 99 2000 it finally did and from then on
Date: July 24, 2005 08:08PM
Posted by: IceKimi
I allways prefer to be the fastest ones to win, not the reliable ones, but unfortunatly its reliability that wins championships.
Look how much DNFs Schumacher had in the previous 5 years.

Team McLaren
Grand Prix entries:597 Wins:148 Pole Positions:122
Date: July 24, 2005 08:43PM
Posted by: rapid_f1
was just thinking that renault this year remind me of feerari last year. one team mate has all the bad luck and the other is one lucky sod. also the race wins by alonso and schumi. if mclaren dont win the champhionship this year then it will be one of the biggest misses of f1 histroy. from my laymans point of view i reckon that the mclaren is not only far superior to the rest but also to renallt. see how kimi was pulling away from alonso at the start even through he had more fuel.

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Simple...
Alonso and Renault deserve the title. Kimi deserves fight until the end and even win...but, Mclaren-Mercedes don´t deserve win the constructors champioship by now...not at all at the moment.
There is no use to have a car that is the fastest, but last only 30 laps, or broke even before the race, in practice or something. It has been happened to often...
It doesn´t matter if is Kimi´s car or Juan Pablo´s car that broke, the fact is that Mclaren-Mercedes broke.
Alonso do what is necessary to win a champioship, he is very mature, even to the point of saying that finish third it´s not so bad if the title come his way, whereas Mclaren and Kimi talk only about wins and more wins, but they seem incapaple of take the wins that they say they deserves. Kimi may well deserve...Mclaren-Mercedes no.
To risk everything in order to win maybe it´s not the way to go. Score strong regulary, always being competitive and fighting for victory, without put everything above the limit, it´s what win a champioship.
By the way...Ayrton Senna wins 3 WC with Mclaren because sometimes he accepted to finish second, third, even fifth...just to score importants points, instead of risk everything for the win....especially in this Third champioship. Alain Pros it´s also a excelent example. Prost beat Senna in 1989 because he was more regular, whereas Senna only was going for the win, and by losing to Prost, learn how to do it.
Kimi maybe knows how to do that, but he wasted a race in Nurburgring, sometimes it´s seems that he´s just push to hard. Mclaren and Mercedes could control that, but, seems that they are not trying...
Date: July 24, 2005 08:54PM
Posted by: Sauber89
its most probaly over championship wise unless mclaren can starting finishing 1-2 then it changes but would still require a renualt slip up one thing is for sure mclaren have reached the mistake line any more and it is impossible at the mo its improbable

Date: July 24, 2005 08:59PM
Posted by: Mini Maestro
Sauber89 Wrote:
> its most probaly over championship wise unless
> mclaren can starting finishing 1-2 then it changes
> but would still require a renualt slip up one
> thing is for sure mclaren have reached the mistake
> line any more and it is impossible at the mo its
> improbable
>
>

the thing is as b-tone said alonso just needs to finish 4th for the remaining gp's.
that is easy in the renault. the only possible challengers to renault and mclaren are schumacher and button but they have slow race pace.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy