The German Grand Prix **SPOILERS GO HERE**

Posted by Morbid 
Re: The German Grand Prix **SPOILERS GO HERE**
Date: July 24, 2005 04:22PM
Posted by: yositm
And if those engines were not so near (or above) the limit Kimi wouldn't be so fast

TOMA!!!
Date: July 24, 2005 04:24PM
Posted by: -qwerty-
i dont want to see any driver win every race this year, that's exactly as last yrear, and it gets bloody boring.

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: July 24, 2005 04:25PM
Posted by: matthewp
JV is also unlucky..

tiago was a bit stoopid to do what he did.. but hes a rookie and will learn

he may be a rookie to F1 but hes been racing for a long time, if someone drove like that in an online race i'd think they were an idiot so an F1 driver doing it just takes the piss really.

Date: July 24, 2005 04:27PM
Posted by: calimbo
I remember when Juan Pablo was breaking his BMW a couple of years ago, Mario Theissen said Juan Pablo was harder on the engines than Ralf, so a driver has something to do in that situation. And since Kimi is in McLaren he has had plenty of engone problems....Today it was an hydraulic problem, the same problem Montoya had in France, and that means they're risking too much. They say they're just thiking on every weekend, but if they keep on doing that they wont go anywhere.

I didn't find the race really good after all, specially after the problem with Kimi's car, and yeah, everything looks like if Alonso has it on the pocket. I don't wanna congratulate him because i hate him. And an excellent race from Juan Pablo after what happened yesterday. From last to second is really good, but not enough to win the race. The championship for runner-up is now open!!! Juan Pablo is 17 points from Kimi, and 13 from M Schumacher, Plus Button is getting better with every race...I'll keep an eye there from now on.

Date: July 24, 2005 04:30PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Agree with Matt there. That driving was shocking.

Posted by: yositm (IP Logged)
Date: July 24, 2005 04:22PM

And if those engines were not so near (or above) the limit Kimi wouldn't be so fast

Stop making excuses. Kimi is faster than Alonso and has constantly showed it. If the engine is fragile then turning down the revs probably wont make a difference. Running engines to the limit is part of F1 - everything on the limit. Using your logic i can say "Alonso wouldnt be as fast if Renault didnt run the engines so near the limit"

Today was not an engine failure, infact it wasnt even close to an engine failure.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: July 24, 2005 04:31PM
Posted by: tripleM
Are Raikkonen and Alonso driving the same cars?

Date: July 24, 2005 04:31PM
Posted by: Muks_C
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brundle was funny when he said Kimi should speak to him on the grid cos he'll bring him luck...

MS did a good job in qually, he had a respectable fuel load.

It looked like Tiago wnet to the right, then went back to the left giving JV nowhere to go once he committed to the left.

I was becoming nauseous at the Button-loving in the pre-race show, we even saw what he ate!!! and why did we see the lap-guide from JB's car? was he on pole? did I miss something?

great recovery from JPM, although he had the best car. Would have been great if he had started 1st of 2nd and rammed Alonso off.

Nice moves by JB and Fisi on MS.

IMO, Kimi has driven the best this year, and because of luck and Renualts early-season advantage, Alonso can drive well within himself and still win the championship, making it look like the wrong guy won it. But maybe if the roles were reversed, we might not be bashing Alonso as much.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2005 04:33PM by Muks_C.
Date: July 24, 2005 04:33PM
Posted by: FlyinFinn2
OMG, now this topic will be a Kimi vs Alonso...
Date: July 24, 2005 04:37PM
Posted by: IWE
DaveEllis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Agree with Matt there. That driving was shocking.
>
> Posted by: yositm (IP Logged)
> Date: July 24, 2005 04:22PM
>
> And if those engines were not so near (or above)
> the limit Kimi wouldn't be so fast
>
> Stop making excuses. Kimi is faster than Alonso
> and has constantly showed it. If the engine is
> fragile then turning down the revs probably wont
> make a difference. Running engines to the limit is
> part of F1 - everything on the limit. Using your
> logic i can say "Alonso wouldnt be as fast if
> Renault didnt run the engines so near the limit"
>
> Today was not an engine failure, infact it wasnt
> even close to an engine failure.

So is Kimis engine/gearbox/car/team/machanics/etc.. is so crap why Montoya doesnt retire so often??? Same was with Kimi and DC last year!

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: July 24, 2005 04:37PM
Posted by: Zcott
Like it or not, a combination of factors have led to Alonso leading the title and Kimi trailing him by a fairly large margin at this point in the season. As an Alonso fan, I'll make no excuses that Kimi has the quicker car. Whether he's the quicker driver is open to debate. But having seen how fast Montoya is, I'd say most of Kimi's speed advantage is car-related.

Having said that, there's no way of denying the fact that Alonso leads the title chase. It's a case of the tortoise vs the hare (except not as extreme).

Date: July 24, 2005 04:38PM
I was thiking the same IWE!!!

Date: July 24, 2005 04:39PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
So is Kimis engine/gearbox/car/team/machanics/etc.. is so crap why Montoya doesnt retire so often??? Same was with Kimi and DC last year!

Huh? Who said it was crap? Why doesnt Montoya retire so often? Luck? Ever heard of that? Johnny Herbert suffered it for his entire career...

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: July 24, 2005 04:42PM
Posted by: tripleM
Did JV ram Doornbos?

The director missed it,so i am curios as to what happened there.

Date: July 24, 2005 04:43PM
Luck? i don't see luck on Juan Pablo (if is that it exists) Webber crashing into him, the problem in Canada, the supposed accident riding abike and playing tennis at the same time...if that's good luck, then i'm a lucky bastard

Date: July 24, 2005 04:45PM
DaveEllis Wrote:
> Agree with Matt there. That driving was shocking.
>
> Posted by: yositm (IP Logged)
> Date: July 24, 2005 04:22PM
>
> And if those engines were not so near (or above)
> the limit Kimi wouldn't be so fast
>
> Stop making excuses. Kimi is faster than Alonso
> and has constantly showed it. If the engine is
> fragile then turning down the revs probably wont
> make a difference. Running engines to the limit is
> part of F1 - everything on the limit. Using your
> logic i can say "Alonso wouldnt be as fast if
> Renault didnt run the engines so near the limit"
>
> Today was not an engine failure, infact it wasnt
> even close to an engine failure.

I'm not making excuses, you are making excuses.

And you are right, everything must be on the limit, the problem is that McLaren has exceeded it. Maybe today it wasn't an engine problem, but I believe that the "to the limit" issue applies to everything on the car

TOMA!!!
Date: July 24, 2005 04:55PM
Posted by: dolinseks
Its quite clear, that last year, Trulli made alonso look silly and slow, until he said that he is going to Toyota. He also said to Giancarlo, that he should be aware, that he will be number two in Renault, and that fernando is everything to flavio. Because of this, fernando will never be the best driver in my opinion, even if he wins 10wdcs. Not to mention his fingers, they are just simply stupid...

Date: July 24, 2005 05:03PM
Posted by: requenov
Congratulations Fernando, he is the new world driver champion, he did what he had to do and did it properly, a thing that others didn´t.

This year he beat everybody (Shumy,Raikkone,JPM, Fisi) and he deserves it.
Date: July 24, 2005 05:15PM
dolinseks Wrote:
> Its quite clear, that last year, Trulli made
> alonso look silly and slow, until he said that he
> is going to Toyota. ...
>

Before France, Fernando had a lot of problems (remember Ralph in Monaco, the rear tyre in US, brake balance problem in Bahrain qualy, lost assited steering in Nurburgring...) and he was near Trulli in the championship.

TOMA!!!
Date: July 24, 2005 05:17PM
Posted by: vesuvius
yositm Wrote:
> Before France, Fernando had a lot of problems
> (remember Ralph in Monaco, the rear tyre in US,
> brake balance problem in Bahrain qualy, lost
> assited steering in Nurburgring...) and he was
> near Trulli in the championship.
>
>
>

so what ? Trulli had problems too.... it's very sad what happened to Kimi today (again) without reliability issues he could have won every race from imola to hockenheim but motor racing is like this and these things happens

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2005 05:20PM by vesuvius.
Date: July 24, 2005 05:19PM
not so many, by far

TOMA!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy