Jenson "I am the best"

Posted by Mini Maestro 
Re: Jenson "I am the best"
Date: July 09, 2005 10:58PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
It's the flavour of the month (isn't it always?) to have a go at Brittish drivers. Last few years it was DC. Why have you all gone quiet on that front?

First off, no its not the flavor of the month to have a go at british drivers. And i have a go at DC whenever he goes on a bitching session, so i havent "gone quiet" on that at all

TripleM, thats right, luck is often needed, and Jenson hasnt had good luck. Hes not had bad luck though, just not been overly lucky. But i am not saying "he should have won", im replying to the comments of people who say "hes never had the car to". Well actually yes, he has had the car to win. He had a great car in 2004 and he didnt win. Luck could well be a factor there yes, but the fact is he didnt win, and the car was capeable of it, no doubt

Its also a reply to the people who say "yeah well Jenson had an off year in 2001, it was just a bad time". This excuse is never accepted when it comes to 2003. It isnt conviceable that JV had a bad year like JB did. To too many people, 2001 was an off year, but 2003 was Jenson easily destroying a world champion.

It is biast opinions such as this which i cant stand. Im not a button fan, but im not a hater either. I think hes a good solid driver who will achive the same as DC has achived (and before a n00b jumps down my throat and says DC @#$%&, go look at what hes managed) and that is a bloody impressive record. But making constant excuses for his inability (so far) to win is down right stupid. Stop making excuses. He has had the car to win, he had a crap year in 2001 and this was his fault, not the cars. Accept it, stop makinf excuses and spur him on to win instead of this rubbish

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: July 09, 2005 11:11PM
Posted by: Mini Maestro
Echo1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> echo your a hypocrite...i could take your "learn
> the english language" comment as an insult and how
> has anyone insulted you in the thread.
> stop crying for sympathy
>
> What have I gone back on? I don't recall changing
> any of my statements. I'll appologise if you show
> me where I did.
>
> Why would you take it as insulting? You clearly
> didn't understand what I was saying. A little
> touchy - perhaps? And what sympathy am I 'crying'
> over?
>
> Maybe it's certain types of people who posts on
> message boards - you know, the ones with very
> opinionated comments. Who try and force their
> views on others - true or not? Not saying that's
> you but that type of person is never too far
> away.
>
> Tell me, who's your fav driver?

i never said you were insulting me....tell me do you know the english language yourself..my favourite driver are Felipe Massa, Fernando Alonso and Kimi Raikkonen.
i never said you changed statement...wtf are you on? crack cocaine..
and i can clearly see you are implying i am opinionated but so be it i never try to force my opinion to someone but rather argue stupid points which you have raised in this thread :)
Date: July 10, 2005 02:21AM
Posted by: Hakkinenf1
I heard next year will be Jenson's year
====================================
yeah...
and 1999 2000 2001 2003 2004 was David's years..
but he lost them some were in his garden and he never found them again

-------------------------
gooooz fra ba
-------------------------
Date: July 10, 2005 02:58AM
Posted by: Jagdpanzer
Lets look at DC and Button's career stats side by side shall we?

Career Comparison

David Coulthard Jenson Button

Number of Races
185 93

Wins 13 (7.03%) 0 (0.00%)

Poles 12 (6.49%) 2 (1.08%)

Podiums 60 (32.43%) 10 (10.75%)

Points 492 135

Retirements 58 (31.35%) 30 (32.26%)

Fastest Laps 18 (9.73%) 0 (0.00%)

Titles 0 0

Can anyone still look at the stats and say there is any legitimate comparison? The only thing they have in common is both never won the World Championship.

Aside from that, Button can't even be compared to DC at this point, much less Michael Schumacher! Also, DC didn't take 95+ GP's to get a win. That Button or anyone else believes he is a top tier F1 driver is at this point laughable. Yeah, he wouldn't be much of a driver if at least HE didn't think so, but I am quite tired of all the "Jenson Is God" hype being put out in the British press these days....

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle
Date: July 10, 2005 09:30AM
Posted by: Slash
you forgot the race starts comparision
Date: July 10, 2005 10:47AM
Posted by: Echo1
Aside from that, Button can't even be compared to DC at this point, much less Michael Schumacher!

That's a fair point. I'm more of a DC fan, myself, too.

Also, DC didn't take 95+ GP's to get a win. That Button or anyone else believes he is a top tier F1 driver is at this point laughable.

As someone else stated it took Mika that long to win his first race, though. It's possible he could win a title in the future - maybe.

Yeah, he wouldn't be much of a driver if at least HE didn't think so, but I am quite tired of all the "Jenson Is God" hype being put out in the British press these days....

That's why I don't listen to the press. It's full if BS - whatever the subject matter is. FM talks himself up - should he? He's proven nothing...

Anyways, I want Alonso to win today's race followed by Kimi (as he cam't win from where he's at).
Date: July 10, 2005 12:08PM
Posted by: chet
DaveEllis Wrote:
> It's the flavour of the month (isn't it always?)
> to have a go at Brittish drivers. Last few years
> it was DC. Why have you all gone quiet on that
> front?
>
> First off, no its not the flavor of the month to
> have a go at british drivers. And i have a go at
> DC whenever he goes on a bitching session, so i
> havent "gone quiet" on that at all
>
> TripleM, thats right, luck is often needed, and
> Jenson hasnt had good luck. Hes not had bad luck
> though, just not been overly lucky. But i am not
> saying "he should have won", im replying to the
> comments of people who say "hes never had the car
> to". Well actually yes, he has had the car to win.
> He had a great car in 2004 and he didnt win. Luck
> could well be a factor there yes, but the fact is
> he didnt win, and the car was capeable of it, no
> doubt
>
> Its also a reply to the people who say "yeah well
> Jenson had an off year in 2001, it was just a bad
> time". This excuse is never accepted when it comes
> to 2003. It isnt conviceable that JV had a bad
> year like JB did. To too many people, 2001 was an
> off year, but 2003 was Jenson easily destroying a
> world champion.
>
> It is biast opinions such as this which i cant
> stand. Im not a button fan, but im not a hater
> either. I think hes a good solid driver who will
> achive the same as DC has achived (and before a
> n00b jumps down my throat and says DC @#$%&, go
> look at what hes managed) and that is a bloody
> impressive record. But making constant excuses for
> his inability (so far) to win is down right
> stupid. Stop making excuses. He has had the car to
> win, he had a crap year in 2001 and this was his
> fault, not the cars. Accept it, stop makinf
> excuses and spur him on to win instead of this
> rubbish
>
>

makes perfect sence.. but i dont think any1 will bother reading it or care and still post sum bull :)

and yes in 2004 he had the car to win... but to win he needed a ferrari to be errr.. not there.. and wen there wasnt a ferrari there... JB was also not there... so basically wen he really needed to be quick he wasnt qiuck enough

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: July 11, 2005 09:38AM
Posted by: b-tone
the race summed up jenson pretty well i think.
when he qualifies 2nd you think 'hmm, he should get points'
but when kimi qualifies 12th you think, 'hmm, he should get a podium'

____
Tony

Date: July 11, 2005 12:10PM
Or maybe it sums up the McLaren and BAR cars?
Date: July 11, 2005 02:52PM
could be, but atleast kimi has proven himself to some extent.

the mclaren may be far superior, but its kimi thats doing the fast laps, and the moves.

____
Tony

Date: July 11, 2005 03:50PM
Posted by: Echo1 (IP Logged)
Date: July 11, 2005 12:10PM

Or maybe it sums up the McLaren and BAR cars?

I hate this logic. Its always always always the car when someone does badly? Using the same logic you could say "the BAR car got him 2nd on the grid, and Jenson messed it up" or you could say "Jenson got himself 2nd and the car messed it up in the race"

Sorry, stop saying "Its the car". that excuses doesnt wash. When it came down to it, Jenson dropped back. He hung on for a few laps then went backwards from the lead pack fairly quickly. To me what that says is JPM and Alonso drove within the limits of the tyres allowing them to last for much longer, losing little speed over the stint (we know the McLaren is excellent at tyre conservation), whilst Jenson ragged the tyres trying to hold on then dropped back quickly after they lost there intital grip.

Altho this is something many drivers seem to suffer from

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: July 11, 2005 06:13PM
Agreed about Kimi - he and Fernando are a cut above the rest of the up and coming challengers.

Dave:
A driver can't alone win a race. His chasis, tires, engine, team tactics etc are also part of that process. Over the course of a race these factors determine what he can achieve. The driver's role isn't as important as it once was.

Jenson did the best he could with McLaren and Renault in front of him. He beat the Ferrari team. What does that say about Michael and Rubens in your eyes?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2005 06:20PM by Echo1.
Date: July 11, 2005 08:44PM
Considering Michael and rubens have been off the pace for the entire year, it means jack. You cant judge Jensons performance this year agaisnt last years Ferrari - you have to do it agaisnt this years Ferrari performance, and its been rather low class. I would even go as far as saying the BAR is a better car than the Ferrari.

but i'll repeat my previous statements

How come in 2001 it was all the cars fault? Despite Fisi having the same car?
How come in 2003 when he done well it was nothing to do with the car, it was all Jenson?
How come in British GP qually it was all Jenson?
How come in British GP race its the cars fault?

Stop mkaing excuses. When he does badly is not possible that its Jensons fault? Did you hear Alonso blaming the car for his accident at Canada? Of course not. Is it the cars fault JVs been so dreadfull this season? No, its JVs!

Team/tyre/car performance is a major thing yes, but when it comes down to it and the end of the day, the drivers the one who has to sit in the car and perform.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: July 11, 2005 08:59PM
Posted by: chet
JB was solid in the gp... nuthing more..
he could no way of improved his posistion imo..

2001 was his fault.. he even knws that.. he was not concentated.. and didnt care.. any1 who watched 01 would knw he was crap! no really crap!!

and imo altho quickish sometimes in 2002 he was again crappy..

but in 2003 he got his act together.. and improved.. same in 04..

in 2003 JV was doin a button 2001 lol.. and now JV is speeding up again :D:D YAY!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: July 11, 2005 09:04PM
Posted by: Mini Maestro
chet Wrote:
> in 2003 JV was doin a button 2001 lol.. and now JV
> is speeding up again :D:D YAY!

JV speeding up?
Massa started 16th and beat him by 20-odd seconds...remember same car :)

nonetheless JB was lucky on sunday if trulli wasnt there then maybe he would have had such a comfort zone on michael..
Date: July 11, 2005 09:37PM
Posted by: FRESCO
its amazing that one quote in one newspaper has started such a flamefest.

he thinks hes the best, so what? its his opinion. i think raikkonen and schumacher are the best, thats my opinion. if a driver thought that someone was better than him, thats hardly the right mentality is it? thinking your the best is the greatest motivator to going and showing it, in my experience neway.

button could notch up a world championship or 2 given the right car, i cant see him thrashin a not-so-good car into a championship winning position, however, as schumacher has done on numerous times and raikkonen did in 2003. thats what splits up the truly great drivers from the ones that are simply very good.

Date: July 11, 2005 10:40PM
lol Dave, you are very amusing. And, all along I thought you knew abaout F1...
Date: July 11, 2005 10:56PM
Posted by: rapid_f1
are we to say then that a driver better than jenson would have got more out of the car? would alonso, kimi or ms would have extracted more from the bar? not arguing just asking. i think maybe abit more but not much more. theres a case for the driver and the car. clearly ms is a very godd driver. but his car is crap this year. does that make ms a bad driver. certainly not. same with jenson i think and 2005 compared to 2004.

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2005 10:57PM by rapid_f1.
Date: July 11, 2005 11:05PM
the difference is that jenson hasnt done a thing in f1. even kimi and alonso have done very little yet. schu has won 7 titles so its probably a safe bet to say his car is causing his bad performances.

____
Tony

Date: July 11, 2005 11:28PM
Posted by: rapid_f1
but in all them 7 he had the best car. was it the car or the driver? who knows. even though, i would expect ms to be extracting more from the car than he is. howevr i think in britain he was 4 tenths off alomso best time which aint too bad.

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy