Rebel French GP :P

Posted by senninho 
Re: Rebel French GP :P
Date: June 27, 2005 03:53AM
Posted by: v@sh

It's sheer fanatsy to believe this could ever happen. First of all, the major sponsors wouldn't allow it. They pay big dollars to the teams that carry their logos in exchange for advertising exposure and other corporate benefits, and a un-televised race at another local venue isn't the kind of exposure they are paying for.

Not to mention the slap in the face this would be to F1 fans around the world who tune in to watch the race on the telly. I actually think it would put people solidly in Bernie's corner were something like this ever to be considered....

Like the major sponsors wouldn't allow to what happened in the US?

If Bernie is covering the French GP with his own tv director and moves over to Paul Ricard, I can't see why the sponsors would disagree to that. They'll still be seen by tv fans and race fans if Bernie gives them enough notice. I personally would like to see Max humiliated by all the teams and Bernie (since he is his closest ally along with Todt). Right now I can't see any of the sides FIA or the GWPC giving in.
Date: June 27, 2005 04:17AM
Posted by: Slash
Are u for real?.,

FCUK., how could people think that can be possible?.....

i don't understand how people like this are motorsport lovers
Date: June 27, 2005 05:47AM
Posted by: Jagdpanzer
v@sh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Like the major sponsors wouldn't allow to what
> happened in the US?
>
> If Bernie is covering the French GP with his own
> tv director and moves over to Paul Ricard, I can't
> see why the sponsors would disagree to that.

Apples and Oranges. The US fiasco was triggered by Michelin, and lest we forget, the race (such as it was) did get televised.

Quite another situation all together if the teams decide to abandon a sanctioned championship race and run a bootleg version at Paul Ricard for their own amusement. BTW, why would Bernie care to televise that, even if it were (although highly improbable) logistically possible? He would be shooting himself in the foot to carry a rival race in which BTW, he would more than likely not receive a penny for...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/2005 08:03PM by Jagdpanzer.
Date: June 27, 2005 08:56AM
Posted by: duff_3519
Should be pointed out Paul Ricard is owned by Mr Ecclestone
Date: June 27, 2005 09:14AM
Posted by: Bernie The Bolt
If it goes aghead..NO ONE TELL JAMES ALLEN!!
Date: June 27, 2005 09:48AM
Posted by: SpaceAce
someone tell SBS... in australia... and not channel 10
let SBS do it :P

GPGSL WDC Season 4
Date: June 27, 2005 10:37AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
tbh im pretty sure noone believes it would happen, only imagining it (might as well tis a nice circuit_
Date: June 30, 2005 05:27PM
Posted by: Tom2681
Since I live 10 miles away from Paul Ricard it would be cool, though.

>> and the frogs insistence
>>that you speak their language.

Ben alors, it's not our fault if you speak foreign instead of Français. ;-)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy