Who do you hate the most???

Posted by jonny 
Who do you hate the most???
Date: June 08, 2005 09:31PM
Posted by: jonny

thats my list :)

Ted, Mark, Louise- there normal

Martin - brilliant commentator (no where near any good to Murray- hes just irreplacealbe)

Jim - does it for the money - hates F1

Tony - talks bollocks and hate his dress sense and voice

James - no need to explian lol

www.footballsfinestgfx.co.uk

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2005 09:35PM by jonny.
Re: Who do you hate the most???
Date: June 08, 2005 09:40PM
Posted by: markko
I dont find Tony annoying, he has good motorsport experience and knows F1 inside out. Jim doesnt bother me either, he is an okay presenter and thats all he has to be! :)

James...well...
Date: June 08, 2005 09:52PM
Posted by: Petrol Head
Most are OK - Martin Brundle brilliant, then theres James Allen...oh dear. I fully appreciate that commentating can be a dificult job (I for 1 cudnt do it), but its his mono voice as well. Dont forget how Murray made those boring races exciting, simply by his sheer enthusiasm (even old style qualy, when no1 wud appear for 1/2 hour, Murray getting his facts wrong, then Martin correcting him - pure entertainment). You can so tell Jim doesnt want to be there, and Tony's just enjoys his cameo appearances. Jenson Buttons commentating?? No comment!
Date: June 08, 2005 10:24PM
Posted by: genesis
I don't agree with you at all Jonny!

Ted Kravitz and James Allen could be brothers, they're both similarly twat-ish. I can't start Mark Blundell either, he never has anything original or unique to say.

Jim doesn't hate F1 :| he's just versatile that's all! That's why he covers so many different sports, it doesn't mean he doesn't like them!

Tony Jardine is brilliant also, he gives really good, objective insight and doesn't stay inside the lines or on the fence.
Date: June 08, 2005 10:37PM
Posted by: Zcott
Jim is very very very dull. He only perks up when the football is on, for some reason. Tony and Mark are pretty good, though!

Date: June 08, 2005 10:59PM
Posted by: jpmfw
all jim wants to do is tell us when the next bloody champions leauge match or cup tie is on itv.
Date: June 08, 2005 11:16PM
Posted by: FRESCO
i like them all apart from louise goodman and james allen.

Date: June 08, 2005 11:20PM
Posted by: Advong
I'd have to go with this

Most Hated:
James
Ted
Jim
Louise
Mark
Tony
Martin

I likt Tony, Matrin and Mark, I'm not bothered either way with Louise Goodman. Jim annoys me and James and Ted should both shut up. The scary thing is isn't Ted doing the job james used to? Imagine if Martin leaves and ITV pair Kravitz and Allen!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2005 11:23PM by Advong.
Date: June 09, 2005 12:03AM
Posted by: Muks_C
James is a smarmy git. watching the BTCC at the weekend reminded me of how good Ben Edwards voice is, how it fits with dramatic racing. it seems totally real, not the 'fake' enthusiasm that James' voice sounds like. Bens voice 'fits' better than James', like Murrays did.

Jim rolls out the same cliches race-after-race. his eyes perk up when he has something to say about football.

Mark, while annoying with his 'i fink' and over-use of the word 'situation', is always spot on with his facts, and usually makes the correct call when something happens, and doesn't bullsh*t, or mumble about nothing. he talks less, but gets to the point.

Ted is Alan Partridge with his over-dramatic exclamations.

Tony sometimes comes across as a bumbling fool, although he is very knowledgeable. when he and Jim are chatting, and he starts of talking, I always get the feeling that Jim is indicating to him to hurry up (off-camera), because time is running out.

Louise is fine, no problem with her, apart from the millions of bangles she seems to always have on her arm.

Martin, top guy.

@ Jonny, I don't think its fair to say Martin isn't as good as Murray, because they fulfilled 2 different roles in the commentary box, i.e 1 has all the facts (Murray) and the other is the ex-driver with inside knowledge of what is actually going on. they were a great team though.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: June 09, 2005 12:13AM
Posted by: Advong
One thing Martin does that it annoying is that he references his career too often sometimes. Every time they go to Melbourne we get to hear about his '96 crash about 300 times
Date: June 09, 2005 12:23AM
Posted by: Sauber89
they are all great apart from jim and james

Date: June 09, 2005 12:49AM
Posted by: Red Sam
One thing Martin does that it annoying is that he references his career too often sometimes. Every time they go to Melbourne we get to hear about his '96 crash about 300 times

It does put a nice perspective on things i think - especially when he tells of his Monaco crash!

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: June 09, 2005 01:30AM
Posted by: The _F1_Lunatic
Explain how you can "hate" someone you haven't even met.

Date: June 09, 2005 02:20AM
Posted by: Muks_C
the same way as you can 'hate' being shat on by an elephant suffering from diarrhoea, even though it hasn't happened, maybe???

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: June 09, 2005 03:25AM
Posted by: sasjag
The _F1_Lunatic Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Explain how you can "hate" someone you haven't
> even met.
>
>

ever met The Crazy Frog?

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: June 09, 2005 03:37AM
Posted by: momo
rofl @ sasjag and Muks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2005 12:08PM by momo.
Date: June 09, 2005 09:19AM
Posted by: jonny
with everyones feedback, my view has changed. i suppose tony is alright and Ted can a divvy at times.

i might not hate them then i might not like then on tv :)

www.footballsfinestgfx.co.uk
Date: June 09, 2005 10:08AM
Posted by: darcy
Love Martin, as said above, cant replace Murray, i dont think anyone can. Ted, he is actually good from time to time, he was the only one, besides renault and mclaren convinced than Renault were 1stopping monaco, and James, well, he's crap, although, must add, fantastic call of the Europe Grand Prix, with regards to the Kimi incident, couldnt agree with him more
Date: June 09, 2005 10:53AM
Posted by: Lemming
Agree with jonny, except for the Tony Jardine bit.

They should just stick Bundle and Blundell in the commentary box. Then the commentary would be more interesting than the Hungarian race!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2005 11:21AM by Lemming.
Date: June 09, 2005 12:09PM
Posted by: Korn_Freak

there is a guy who has come to my work to pick packages up (wasnt home when they were delvierd) and when i asked him his name he goes "james allen" i stared at him and go, do you follow F1? he goes "nah" "well your lucky" i told him "one of the most hated people in forumla one has the same name as you, and he is so annoying".

he came in a few days ago again, and i told him to not be annoying ;)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy