The 2005 Canadian GP Thread [spoiler warning]

Posted by markko 
Re: The 2005 Canadian GP Thread [spoiler warning]
Date: June 12, 2005 09:25PM
Posted by: dolinseks
But DC was a lap down, so he should slow down and let Kimi pass anyway. This wasnt the case with RS.

Date: June 12, 2005 09:28PM
Posted by: marcl
I know so its gonna be 50 50 only in this case they had time to do the penalty in the race and am sure if kimi had been told he could have pulled out 10 secs so he might be ok.

tbh though its a teams fault and i dont think the drivers should get pumished they can not see anything
Date: June 12, 2005 09:30PM
Posted by: villej
On press conference Kimi also said that he had a slight problem with his car. Before first pitstop he had to start to turn the steering wheel to left that the car could go straight, and the problem gone worse all the time, and he was told to take easy.

My photo gallery: [viltzu86.deviantart.com]
Date: June 12, 2005 09:32PM
Posted by: b-tone
on motoyas on board the red light was on with some other (green?) flashing, and as he crossed the line the lights were all out.

but a pretty exciting race alround.

nice driving jense ;-)

____
Tony

Date: June 12, 2005 09:45PM
Posted by: NickKK
villej Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> On press conference Kimi also said that he had a
> slight problem with his car.

When was the press conference? I was waiting for it and it was never shown, same as last GP :(

lol wheres chet now??? what did your fiancé button do ;)

Now my race judgment:

Raikkonen: Whoa solid effort and good driving nothing special and was really lucky considering both renaults and montoya had cleared the path to the win nonetheless as villej said was driving with a problem

Schumacher: Nice drive by him shows he can still be at the front with no problems and shows that on its day the ferrari is good. again lucked out from the others mistakes but he was there to capitalise on them not to make one himself. Seemed happier for second than pushing for win showing he has truly given up the WDC 05.

Barrichello: Lucky Guy indeed, managed to benefit from every mistake including gaining countless positions and also pitting under the Safety Car. Nonetheless well done to him even though he passed virtually no one.

Massa: My Driver of the Day Solid drive for him and shows he is maturing. Slaughtered his teammate and managed to get 5 places up on 1st lap while his teammate lost 4. Seriously if Sauber improved the car he could do so much better. Can be a future WDC if he focused.

Renault: Well what can i say awful. Does Flavio have a Destruct Fisico's Car Button? seriously it looked a bit dodgy.
Mr Cool showed that he can be erractic in driving and was unimpressed by his berating crew that they should move fisico away.

Montoya: no comment still can believe he gave a win like that away

The Rest: Nice tactics by BAR to get Sato up there ..... Lucky RBR indeed but this is where they should capitalise in races of high attrition and did so today ..... Villnueve? just bugger off Jacques.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2005 09:50PM by Mini Maestro.
Date: June 12, 2005 10:17PM
Posted by: 97kirkc
That was done to Ralf more so because he and Heidfeld were fighting for position, this was not for position.

Date: June 12, 2005 10:29PM
Posted by: Lemming
What a race! Hope Kimi doesn't get a penalty... not what the sport needs now after such a good race, where the action should be rather than behind the scenes.

Will Montoya get banned at all? After Monaco then jumping the lights...

Date: June 12, 2005 10:41PM
Posted by: chet
good race.. im glad to hear JB saying "all my fault"

very good.. admitted he was wrong.. :D

poor JPM.. can it get worse.. i feel so sory for him :(

MS - good but lucky result.. c'mon JPM and 2 renaults and poss JB went out.

very very very good chance for kimi... both renaults out early.. perfect for kimi.. good pace from JB but low fuel as every1 sed.. but i think its +ve for them..

poor JV.. he did well imo..

Massa - outstanding..

Webber - over-rated. lol

RB - where did he come from lol

DC - luky but still good

GF - wtf.. feel so sorry

Alonso - its not good saying "im faster" if ure faster get past.. otherwise wait..

if GF let him past i would have been so pissed off.. and thats what will kill f1..and did in 2002.. imo if u wanna get past just get passed.. its racing

edit - 1 +ve thing from JBs crash...

It was the wall of champions.. eh eh eh.. champions.. maybey its a sign ? ;)

but again glad to hear he took blame.. as he should

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2005 10:42PM by chet.
Date: June 12, 2005 10:46PM
Posted by: 97kirkc
In 1989 Mansell and the second Benetton went through a red light at Canada, altho they did it at the beginning of the race while everyone was still on the grid :P

They were both DQed and nothing happened to them after that. He made a mistake and broke a rule and received the punsihment that goes with the breaking of that rule, he also didnt cause any accidents or avoidable accidents, so why punish him further?

Date: June 12, 2005 10:56PM
Posted by: Lanky-Lad
I see your point Vader, but I feel like because that it is now against the Regulations to force a driver to move over for his team mate that that should mean that it shouldn't be done. Even if it does seem like the illogical thing to do its's against the rules and therefore they should not be manipulated in any way. In that case it's the Regulations that need looking at. Prehaps I'm jumping to conclusions and that the Montoya mess up is completely accidental, (I hope so) but I can't help but feel cynical.

"Treat others with respect and you too will be respected." Oac - ed'c dnia - E ys yldiymmo drec cyt. :)
Date: June 12, 2005 11:06PM
Posted by: Vader
But they didn't tell JPM to move over - that would have been Ferrari style. They simply decided to let Kimi come in first. After all one has to come in first and the team has to decide what's better and they decided it would make more sense to call in Kimi first. Can't really blame them or the rules since I don't think it had anything to do with what the rules call "team order".

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: June 12, 2005 11:10PM
Posted by: vesuvius
Kimi came pit before the safety car was out .team sayed one lap earlier to come in :)
Well, Montoya is quite often an idiot, it's easily within his range.

If there hadn't been that little bulge in the wall, I reckon JB might just have gotten away with runnig wide in the final turn, he was oging allong the wall for a while till the suspension broke.

KR shouldn't get a penalty - he wasn't put under investigation in the race.

[Website]
Date: June 12, 2005 11:13PM
Posted by: Lanky-Lad
Yeah, well I probably am over-acting then aren't I? ;)

"Treat others with respect and you too will be respected." Oac - ed'c dnia - E ys yldiymmo drec cyt. :)
Date: June 12, 2005 11:13PM
Posted by: Vader
Shame on you. ;)

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Running Order for Indianapolis Qualifying

1. Montoya
2. Kartikeyan
3. Fisichella
4. Alonso
5. Freisacher
6. Sato
7. Heidfeld
8. Button
9. Trulli
10. Albers
11. Montiero
12. Villenueve
13. Klien
14. Coulthard
15. Schumacher R
16. Webber
17. Massa
18. Barrichello
19. Schumacher M
20. Raikkonen

certainly does mix up the grid a bit :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2005 11:48PM by Mini Maestro.
Date: June 12, 2005 11:21PM
yeah that will be intresting qualifying indee :)
Date: June 12, 2005 11:27PM
it's a very intresting that Kimi spend 57.043 (totally)seconds in pit and Montoya only 52.423 seconds :)
I do believe it would in fact be Montoya who goes first, having been excluded.

[Website]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy