Date: June 09, 2005 04:26PM
Posted by: Muks_C
[my whole family excluding my dad included]

huh????

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Re: The 2005 Canadian GP Thread [spoiler warning]
Date: June 09, 2005 04:32PM
Posted by: marcl
U can bet if button was leading the championship it would be on live, every thing would be live.
Date: June 09, 2005 05:03PM
Posted by: b-tone
you broke my brain Mini Maestro :k

____
Tony

Date: June 09, 2005 05:09PM
Posted by: Vader
sasjag Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> smorr Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Ahhh, i just love when F1 Comes to my
> hemisphere.
> >
>
>
> all but about 6 races are in ur hemisphere
>

I don't know about the world you are living in, but MY world only has two hemispheres - the nothern and the southern, separated by the equator. Last time I looked on a worldmap of all the places that hold F1 races this year only Melbourne and Interlagos were on the southern hemisphere. All others - including USA and Canada - are north of the equator.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: June 09, 2005 06:26PM
Posted by: Covfan
Well, technically it's south of the southern hemisphere :p
Date: June 09, 2005 07:13PM
What is technically in the south of the southern hemisphere? Canada?

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: June 09, 2005 07:17PM
Posted by: Lemming
I'm confused.

Date: June 09, 2005 07:22PM
If you think the nothern hemisphere is south of the southern (or if you say you can actually be south of the south pole) I only hope they won't let you steer any vehicle using a compass. ;)

But we should get back on topic.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Muks_C and b-tone....ok lack of punctuation in the setence buts its not that hard to understand.
here you go edited...

cant you stay up till 11.40 to watch it then?
personally dont blame them, seeing as quali will be around the saturday evening tv slot and most people would rather watch something else, whatever the channel, than formula 1.
no doubt ITV would get more complaints from messing up saturday evening tv, than they did for last three laps at imola.
anyway at least the race is live
Since the earth is a sphere (or nearly a sphere, I think its slightly squashed at the poles, a bit like an orange), you can divide it into hemispheres any way you want, one way could be east and west of the Greenwich Meridian and International date line, hence most GPs are in the "eastern" hemisphere, and only a couple are in the "western" hemisphere. It also makes more sence regarding timezones too :)

But enough of that babble, I hope Kimi gets another win, with Montoya getting to the podium for the first time this year, second I would like a Williams, Heidfeld would be the best bet for that.:)

Date: June 09, 2005 10:27PM
Posted by: calimbo
Kimi has said today in press conference, he's not worried about this weekend weather in Canada, cause he worked on some new layouts on Michelin's tyres and they seem to work really well, the intermediate tyres are pretty much on Bridgestone level, but on the wet tyres Bridgestone is better now.

BTW, where's the circuit really located, Montreal or Quebec?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2005 10:33PM by calimbo.
Date: June 09, 2005 11:57PM
Posted by: Red Sam
If im not mistaken Montreal is the capital of the province called Quebec

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Nah Quebec City is the capital of the province Quebec.

But you're right, Montreal is in Quebec.
Date: June 10, 2005 01:34AM
Posted by: Red Sam
that kind of makes sense, when you think about it.... :)

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: June 10, 2005 02:34AM
Posted by: Imran
yep...although i qould have said montreal before discovering quebec city existed which i did just prior to this post

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: June 10, 2005 04:26AM
Posted by: calimbo
* Alonso doesn't think he can match McLaren in Canada, he has said. The test at Silverstone showed him McLaren make another improvement on the car and it's faster, just as Kimi said

So, The circuit is in Montreal or Quebec city?

Montreal. on a silly little island thing...
Date: June 10, 2005 06:34AM
Posted by: Slash
i don`t think alonso could really macth kimi., he, having the same car as kimi...

juan should be strong., but how reliable is the mercedez at this high speed tracks?.,

hopefully BAR and ferrari with their engines move a bit foward the front a make this race a real competition., kimi of course will be on another league but still
Date: June 10, 2005 09:24AM
Posted by: marcl
If all goes well mclaren should win in Canada and the USA. At silverstone no one was near them in testing so they should win there.

I really think the mclaren this year is something special.
Date: June 10, 2005 12:51PM
Posted by: vesuvius
if Kimi continues the speed he did have at silverstone testing then there is no change for other drivers to beat him :) Kimi sayed that the car is now better than ever and he is really happy about how the test went in silverstone .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2005 12:51PM by vesuvius.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy