The 2005 Canadian GP Thread [spoiler warning]

Posted by markko 
yeh but do you know how much fuel he will have no.
i dont think kimi will be on pole but he will win if the renault isnt up to it and heidfeld has already written off his chances.
anyway will BAR be using these...personally they look ugly.

Re: The 2005 Canadian GP Thread [spoiler warning]
Date: June 08, 2005 11:42PM
Posted by: chet
well who cares if they help lol ;)

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: June 08, 2005 11:49PM
Posted by: Muks_C
a ferrari 1-2 would be good, it might prevent the title becoming a 2-horse race between Kimi & Alonso.

admit it, it would be very exciting if MS, Kimi and FA all were fighting for the title at the end, then Kimi or Alonso winning.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: June 09, 2005 01:14AM
Posted by: calimbo
I think it's not going to rain at all, maybe on the night, cause what i see, is a 30 to 40% of precipitation, and the temperature is going to be really high, for sunday is going to be 30°, the coldest day will be saturday with 24° so, i hope it keeps like that, at the end, the same happened on the last race: it was all rain a week before the race, and on wednesday, before the race weekend, the weather prediction changed.

For the race, i would give McLaren the whole weekend, Renault isn't as good as the McLaren, of course, there's potential, Alonso showed that with the fastest lap, but McLaren is still the fastest car on the track, the only things is hope Kimi wont damage his tyres and McLaren goes just a tinny little bit harder on the tyres.

last saturday, the guys who bring F1 on the radio to Colombia, called me, and did let me ask whatever i wanned, i asked him if Kimi's problem was due to the car, camber, setup, and he, Diego Mejia, quite an expert on the subject, told me it was nothing like that, it was just that Kimi flat-spotted his tyre, it was his blame, and the fact McLaren are using the softer tyres of the michelin teams helped. Juan Pablo had the same problem in nurbugring. But having the softest tyres, help them to have those great starts they're having lately.

Now, seeing that McLaren tested quite a long of things in silverstone, specially with Juan Pablo, makes me think he could be on a better position to challenge Kimi. Juan Pablo, on wednesday, tested on the McLaren tech center, on the simulator, and usually, most of the changes he makes there, work the same way on the real car, and they were really happy with the progress made on Juan Pablo's car. Kimi don't like the simulator, he says he gets dizzy on it.

Ah!! and to make polemic here, Juan Pablo told the journalist i told you before (Diego Mejia) after his comments "You know me for so long, and I will kick that blondie's ass"...jejeje...might sound funny, cause that's hard to happen, but i'm colombian and i'll support him at anytime :p

Date: June 09, 2005 01:25AM
Posted by: Slash
it is funny., but you have to realize that he´s not fighting for colombia., he´s fighting for the Mclaren team.,

kimi´ll be the toughest one as usual., scince imola he´s been unbeatable., even by his teammate., so it´ll be no surpryse if he wins., alonso is no better than kimi, but if he´s cars is at the line he´ll be fighting.,

i really hope mark and nick to be fighting., as well as ralf., hopefully fisico have luck lady by his side., and go kick some spaniard ass!!
Its warm here in Ontario right now ( we border quebec ) the temps are in the 40's there is a chance of rain on sunday though? should be interesting seeing that the track has be re-surfaced for this year. will it be as abrasive? I guess we'll know in a few days. It kinda sucks that im not going this year though,maybe next year...

Jeremy
Date: June 09, 2005 01:33AM
No, Pedro de la Rosa, said on an interview today, that the track is really dirty right now, but looks like it's going to have more grip than last year, though

Date: June 09, 2005 02:16AM
Posted by: Muks_C
a bit off-topic, but speaking od De La Rosa, while i was in spain watching the race on tv, when he was being interviewed, the caption said 'Pere Martinez De La Rosa'.

are there any other current drivers whose 'real' name has been changed to suit the worlds media? and no 'Michael Cheating dirty b*stard Schumacher' replies either;)

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2005 02:17AM by Muks_C.
Date: June 09, 2005 02:33AM
Posted by: Zcott
In the USA, I remember Montoya being called Juan Montoya. I don't think they liked that middle bit, "Pablo".

There was also "Alessandro" becoming "Alex", like Alex Zanardi and Alex Ribiero. But these are all guys who went to the States.

The most famous one is probably Ayrton Senna da Silva.

Here in the local TV( TV3, Catalunya) is only Pere( in Catalan), but Pedro is fully used out of here.
Date: June 09, 2005 03:08AM
Posted by: Red Sam
ITV call Jenson Button "future world champion"

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
calimbo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> Ah!! and to make polemic here, Juan Pablo told the
> journalist i told you before (Diego Mejia) after
> his comments "You know me for so long, and I will
> kick that blondie's ass"...jejeje...might sound
> funny, cause that's hard to happen, but i'm
> colombian and i'll support him at anytime :p
>
>

Slash Wrote:
> it is funny., but you have to realize that he´s
> not fighting for colombia., he´s fighting for the
> Mclaren team.,

JPM & JV doesnt have a good relationship between them. it all began on Montreal (:o) in 2001 because of a practice incident i dun remember well* ;). the recent episode was in monaco this year. this is outta team-orders context coz is a personal matter, sauber isnt a set-the-pace car this season so far ;) & i also support the colombian coz i'm another one ;);)

its hard to happen coz saubers couldnt match mclarens level. but weird things could happen anywhere anytime ;)

* i dunno if that rivalry began back in 98 when JPM was a williams test driver & JV was the #1 driver.

----------------------------

Just note USA doesn't like F1 (since 1981)

Hungarian GP, 1997. Last laps just when damon's problems had just begun:
(Louise Goodman has just reported that Damon Hill was on the radio with Tom Walkinshaw)
Murray: "How do they do that, Martin? How does a man talk calmly and especially to his team boss, when Damon in the situation he's in?"
Martin: "Well, you press a little button on the steering wheel and start talking, Murray. There's a little speaker in the front of your crash helmet...";)
(excerpted from the "Brundle's Quote Central")

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2005 03:47AM by Nigel Senna.
Date: June 09, 2005 03:59AM
No, no. Juan and Jacques talked about it and they fixed the issues between them. We saw them talking just as friends in China last year, is just that Juan risk too much sometimes, but everything is fine....well, at least before Monaco

They were almost best friends when Juan was a Williams test driver.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2005 04:01AM by calimbo.
Date: June 09, 2005 08:55AM
Posted by: chet
Red Sam Wrote:
> ITV call Jenson Button "future world champion"
>
>
>

LMAO!! fuking great!

it shows how GAY itv are.. well some ppl :P not jb

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
chet Wrote:

> LMAO!! fuking great!
>
> it shows how GAY itv are.. well some ppl :P not jb

No its not great at all. I so hope he dosent get anywhere just for this reason.

Korn_Freak Wrote:
> No its not great at all. I so hope he dosent get
> anywhere just for this reason.
>
>

the feeling is mutual......and also cause you have a hot lady in your sig ;)
Date: June 09, 2005 03:26PM
Posted by: marcl
senna changed his name as well he dropped the da silva bit.

BAR had break probs in Bariahn canada is even harder on breaks. I think they will go better and get lower end points.

No live quali on itv :(

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2005 03:41PM by marcl.
marcl Wrote:
> No live quali on itv
>

cant you stay up till 11.40 to watch it then?
personally dont blame them seeing as quali will be around the saturday evening tv slot and most people [my whole family excluding my dad included] would rather watch something else, whatever the channel, than formula 1.
no doubt ITV would get more complains from messing up saturday evening tv than they did for last three laps at imola.
anyway at least the race is live :)
Date: June 09, 2005 04:16PM
Posted by: marcl
tough if it was football or rugby they would show it
Date: June 09, 2005 04:24PM
Posted by: Lemming
Yeah, there's only 3 times a year when the day would be "ruined"...

I can't get ITV2 or ITV3, but at least if they even showed it live on one of those channels, I wouldn't be so bothered (as long as the also showed the highlights later as they are going to anyway).... it just seems a waste. Instead, we get the joys of watching You've Been Framed, Doctor Dolittle on ITV1, House of Horrors and some Justin Timberlake rubbish on ITV2 and Robin of Sherwood on ITV3. None of these things are live and could easily make way for F1!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy