bmw and nick to sauber next year

Posted by kaid 
Re: bmw and nick to sauber next year
Date: June 03, 2005 11:52AM
Posted by: Echo1
If you disagree. Tell us how he has impressed this season? I'm failing to see anything that has warrented his supposed status.

Ok, qualifying he is good at but that obvioulsy doesn't bag any points. In the races he fumbles up his starts (he did it in the Jaguar, too) and goes backwards during races. Oh, not forgetting to moan that his team mate was given 2nd by the team's decision to bring him in one lap later - then sulking on the podium!

Yeah, class driver is Mark...
Date: June 03, 2005 11:53AM
Posted by: b-tone
When Webber qualifies a car that is slower than the cars 2-3 places behind him then it's expected he'll fall down the order. With Heidfeld, if you qualify behind slower cars your'e more likely to go up.

hmm, some truth there i guess, but webber still has to be overtaken, and nick overtake which is not so easy.

Or then again they are saying the truth.

perhaps, but we'll never know :p

____
Tony

Date: June 03, 2005 12:01PM
Posted by: marcl
Webber is not a team player at all, he should have been happy to get 3rd and should be happy for nick.

At the end of the day nick passed alonso in a good move webber has 2 tries and it was all over the place i thought he would hit the wall in the end.

Nick has far better race craft webber is good over 1 lap. Qauli does not win races and webber seems to react slow to the lights, same at jag

Webber has been around for years and in f3000 he got beaten by wilson cause of his errors.
Date: June 03, 2005 12:31PM
Posted by: Covfan
Why should Webber be happy that his teammate finished in a higher position than himself? Webber should always be willing to improve. I can only think of another driver who would be happy for his teammate to be faster than him, his name begins be B and ends in O
Date: June 03, 2005 12:43PM
lolol.

I just meant i thought webber would have been happy about the team result u dont see JPM walking around with a long face.

Mark started 3rd in monaco if u watch the start it just looks like he was not ready nick started ok. It was the same at sepang last year mark does not react quick enough and then seems to floor it and try and make up for his error.

Nick would not have got 2nd had webber not blown his start as mark would have probably been further ahead.
Date: June 03, 2005 03:13PM
Posted by: tripleM
Well duh,Alonso was more prepared after being passed by Heidfeld at the same palce+he had traffic IIRC(when Heidfeld passed him).

The starts are a Williams problem not Webber's.Infact the only time that Williams managed to make a place at the start was Webber passing Heidfeld in Bahrain.

Montoya sulked after France in 2003,he is just too far away from Raikkonen in the races right now to be walking around with a long face.

Put it this way,as much as i like Heidfeld,Webber is the Williams driver more likely to win a race this year.
Date: June 03, 2005 03:22PM
Posted by: momo
Williams admitted there was problems with the starts and have worked on it. the Nurburgring was an improvement, but still not as good as the McLarens
Date: June 03, 2005 03:34PM
They were working on it at silverstone as well.

I think it would be nick more likly to win his confidence will be sky high at the mo things are going his way.

Nick did not get a bad start in monaco.

Alonso never got off the line well at the last GP either, but he was heavy with fuel.

Mclaren seem to get off the line the best out of all teams now

To be honest though I dont think williams will win a race this year
Date: June 03, 2005 08:41PM
Posted by: Mini Maestro
never say never marcl and there always "lets throw the form book out the window and burn it" circuit called Spa Francorchamps ;)

I think Nick may win before webber look at the monaco start nick was challenging webber into turn 1 and nick started 4 places behind him.........
Date: June 04, 2005 06:10AM
Posted by: chrislewis
If you disagree. Tell us how he has impressed this season? I'm failing to see anything that has warrented his supposed status.

I just think he has done a solid job. Consistent with qualifying but yes he could be more consistent with race pace. Still I think him and Nick have got the most amount of points possible with their car when they have had the chance. Except of course in Malaysia and Nurburgring but that's already been discussed.

Date: June 04, 2005 06:39AM
Posted by: Jagdpanzer
Webber and Button with Williams? Williams does want to win a race now and again don't they? Those two might just make that impossible.
Webbo has been doing shoddy enough on his own, never mind Button, who is the most OVERRATED driver in F1 .....
Date: June 04, 2005 07:09AM
Posted by: b-tone
i think a williams could win thsi year and it could go to either one of them. but i doubt webber could drive 40 laps with kimi or alonso on his tail without visiting the barriers, so if webber somehow got pole, a clean start, and got someone to hold everyone up he sould manage it.
nick has had 2 seconds which is pretty close to first so keeping on the way he is he could get a win.
webber will probably fluke a win tho and everyone will forget how bad he is

____
Tony

Date: June 04, 2005 08:26AM
Posted by: Slash
And That´s that!
Date: June 04, 2005 09:29AM
Posted by: Karan19
I think Nick deserves more credit for his performances based on the fact that he's dealing with the stress that he might not be at Williams next year. Security and peace of mind can go a long way in making a driver comfortable at a team. and more comfort leads to better performances. However Nick hasnt had any guarentee yet and with all the talk in the media about Button joining Williams next year it cant help much. So inspite of all that he's still been performing solidly. That deserves some credit in its own right I feel
Date: June 04, 2005 07:07PM
Jagdpanzer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Webber and Button with Williams? Williams does
> want to win a race now and again don't they? Those
> two might just make that impossible.
> Webbo has been doing shoddy enough on his own,
> never mind Button, who is the most OVERRATED
> driver in F1 .....

Hmmm... How can you say that Button is overrated? Only the British media have said anything of the sort. I'm guessing you didn't watch any of last season, otherwise you'd of seen what he can do behind the wheel of a good car. Oh, I don't give a rat's ass about the pace of last season's Williams or McLaren.

Webbo needs to be kicked out of Williams for sure at the end of the season.
Date: June 04, 2005 07:34PM
Posted by: HaGGiS
So much drivel in one thread, keep it up.

"No it's not a skirt"
Date: June 04, 2005 07:50PM
And that's aimed at?
Date: June 04, 2005 09:34PM
Posted by: Red Sam
And that's aimed at?

j/k ;)

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: June 04, 2005 10:17PM
lol. I know, I'm not a Webber fan or Schumacher's arse-licker. Aren't I lucky? :P
Date: June 04, 2005 11:32PM
Posted by: Mini Maestro
Echo1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
Schumacher's arse-licker.

tbh i doubt you will find a Schuie arse licker here.....maybe Karan though :P

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy