F1 Racing Magazine

Posted by Räikkönen 
F1 Racing Magazine
Date: June 17, 2003 08:57AM
Posted by: Räikkönen
Did anyone subscribe to F1 Racing Magazine when they were giving away a free £40 model car of either Montoya or Shumacher, but not yet recieved the car? I've been waiting months now, but still no car. A few weeks ago I got a letter saying that they ran out of stock, but everyone who subscribed at this time, will eventually get a car. Did anyone else get a letter like that?

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Post Edited (06-24-03 13:59)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: F1 Racing Magazine
Date: June 17, 2003 09:02AM
Posted by: Gonzalo Rodriguez
I missed that offer but i just thought i'd post and say what an absolutely fab magazine it is. I can read that cover to cover which is unusual for me.
Date: June 17, 2003 09:23AM
Posted by: daveb
yeh - great magazine.

i keep meaning to do it when they get a decent offer.
(should have got them shades)

Date: June 17, 2003 09:48AM
Posted by: Muks_C
I subscribed in late 2001, when there was an offer for that seasons M Schumacher DVAG sponsors cap. It took about 6 weeks to arrive, and when it did it was the wrong cap. It was the cap that said "2000 World Champion", which I already had because I bought it after Michael became World Champion. I e-mailed Haymarket and told them they sent the wrong cap, but they said there was nothing they could do, because stocks of the cap that they advertised had run out.
They apologised and said they would give me 3 months free F1 Racing Magazine, but then I got another e-mail from them saying they changed their mind and could not give me 3 issues free.
Not very good customer service in my opinion, so you guys who are still waiting for your free gift, good luck in receiving the correct car.
Date: June 17, 2003 10:55AM
Posted by: Fraplee
Several years back my wife gave me a subscription to F1 Racing for Christmas. After 3 months I started getting notices saying that "the checkered flag was about to drop on your subscription". They stopped sending me magazines after 6 issues and my letters of inquiry went unanswered.

For me it is less expensive to buy it on the news stands. If you live in the U.S. you can get a subscription from EWA Models for less than from F1 Racing. To me that doesn't make sense.

I think it is a "decent" magazine; more of a "fanzine". I think F1 - formula one magazine is an all around better magazine (more indepth). F1 Racing is rather like Playboy - nice pictures.

I think F1 Racing's costumer service sucks. I think they are sleazey business practice-wise. And, while I feel badly for those of you who have been gaffed by them, I am glad to see that they are receiving the negativity that they deserve in my opinion. I think they pull these stunts knowing that the people they f*#@k won't do anything about it.

I hate, yes hate the magazine for what they did; not to me, but to my wife, whose attempt to give me something she knew I would love turned into an unhappy situation. It cost her $110 (U.S.) to be screwed by these bastards. I appoligize for the strong language and hope that my post will not be edited. I try never to post negative or derisive materials but, obviously I feel very strongly about this and hope that my post will prevent anyone else from getting done the way my wife was.

Oh, BTW my letters were sent directly to the editor, Matt Bishop.

Check out F1 - a better publication anyway, any day.

Bryan Beal
Date: June 17, 2003 12:11PM
Posted by: andrew_S
well id say motorsport, is a better magazine than both ;)

anyway

hehe, ive been getting every F1 racing magazine, basically since they started and not once subscribed.... im not subscribing because they offer me a car i can buy for half the price in the shops.... lol

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005
Date: June 17, 2003 12:16PM
Posted by: RonF1
Yes i subscribed to F1 racing mag but i asked for the Montoya one. I got the letter back saying out of stock for the Schumacher model, i WANTED Montoya model!!
Date: June 17, 2003 12:25PM
Posted by: _Alex_
Well I guess if you got a letter saying you will get one, then you will get one!

It's a fantastic magazine, definitely the best F1 mag on the market.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: June 18, 2003 02:52AM
Posted by: Fisico2k3
i get through it too quickly, it's quite small....and they seem to interview the same people a fair bit. i'm probably imagining things, but it seems to me that DC is always in there (relative to some others on the grid). it seems that minardi are never in there (even though i picked up the new one last week and before i had the chance to hope they'd be in there, voila, there's JW in a tank :))

i do like the mag though...esp the scrutineer! i get the aussie version, so it may be a bit different.
Date: June 18, 2003 02:56AM
Posted by: Abstraction
Fisico2k3 wrote:

> i get through it too quickly, it's quite small....and they
> seem to interview the same people a fair bit. i'm probably
> imagining things, but it seems to me that DC is always in there

very true, the aussie mag always has dc and montoya in it, and also bernie comes up alot too, which is something f1 fans probably would want to hear about.

Andrew. Australia.
Date: June 18, 2003 07:38PM
Posted by: jed
i subscribed to the UK mag last year at the aussie GP. $120 to have it delivered for a year. They would have lost money on that because shipping was almost $7 an issue!
They had a heap of industrial disputes with the postage companies and most arrived late. I got 1 extra month because of this but didn't bother renewing.
Date: June 18, 2003 07:49PM
Posted by: Zcott
I subscribe to F1 Racing, and it's usually pretty good stuff. There's a good variety of articles, and some of the news stuff contains news I hadn't read before. Good journalists, good pictures, good magazine!

Mind you, there's too many wee adverts in it!

Date: June 19, 2003 01:16AM
Posted by: Pooky
best mag is Autosport. thats what most of the motorpsort community read

Date: June 19, 2003 07:39AM
It's expensive, though! I can't afford Autosport every week. And a lot of the teams read F1 Racing, too. :P

Date: June 19, 2003 07:54AM
Zcott, none of your images work.

Post Edited (06-24-03 13:59)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: June 19, 2003 07:59AM
Hmm....are you sure? Everyone else seems to be able to see it fine....

Date: June 19, 2003 08:03AM
Posted by: Abstraction
i can't :P

Andrew. Australia.
Date: June 19, 2003 08:08AM
Damn!

I've just uploaded it again, can you see it now?

Date: June 19, 2003 10:00AM
No. Just a small white box with a red X in it. Try changing the format to jpg.

Post Edited (06-24-03 14:00)

Date: June 19, 2003 10:22AM
Posted by: _Alex_
You could govern galaxies with your devilishness, Zcott...

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy