Date: May 28, 2005 08:02PM
Posted by: Slash
i was just gonna say Nick., he´s also no better than Nick., Or jense.,
Re: the team mate game
Date: June 01, 2005 01:35AM
Posted by: chet
a good one..

2001 - gf killed jb
2002 - Sato kept gf very honest indeed.. prob closest teammate since wurz. btw Sato was on average .2 slower than GF :O:O
2004 - button killed sato..

shows jbs improvment

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: June 01, 2005 01:42AM
Posted by: Mini Maestro
lol this one

94 : MS killed verstappen
95 : MS beat Herbert
96 : MS taught Irvine a lesson
97 : Ms taught irvine part 2
98 : MS killed irvine
99 : MS lost to irvine although broke his leg
00 : MS beat Rubens
01 : MS whipped Rubens behind
02 : MS killed Rubens
03 : MS defeats Rubens
04 : Rubens Hangs on...just
05 : Break Even
Date: June 01, 2005 02:02AM
Posted by: Red Sam
you have to say that Rubens is the better driver this year.

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: June 01, 2005 02:07AM
hmm.. well MS has had badluck.. id still say it will be MS who comes out on top..

Date: June 01, 2005 02:32AM
Posted by: 97kirkc
chet Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> a good one..
>
> 2001 - gf killed jb
> 2002 - Sato kept gf very honest indeed.. prob
> closest teammate since wurz. btw Sato was on
> average .2 slower than GF :O:O
> 2004 - button killed sato..

Button did not kill sato in 04, most of Sato's problem was the reliability of the Honda engine, he had many more blowups and DNFs than Jenson. But when he did finish he always finished well and raced much better than Jenson, ie Satos "wall of death" at Hockenheim 04.

Date: June 01, 2005 07:21AM
at all!., the only place where i recongize sato race better than jenson was indy., the rest was a piece of p*ss., for jenson., i still remember suzuka where he salgged him off., jenson was on a 2 stop., while sato was on a 3., and jenson keept behind him the whole., time., considering he was on a heavier car..., sato was only good when they gave him the¨"new engine"., but as soon as jenson used it., he was no where near jenson.......,

ps., GF beat jenson only cuz jenson didn´t had his mind in f-1 at the moment...., but i´ll bet anyone everything i have., you put them togheter now., he won´t even come close., just look at him with alonso., and alonso ain´t that good., is he?
Date: June 01, 2005 07:29AM
Posted by: b-tone
ps., GF beat jenson only cuz jenson didn´t had his mind in f-1 at the moment...., but i´ll bet anyone everything i have., you put them togheter now., he won´t even come close., just look at him with alonso., and alonso ain´t that good., is he?

didnt have his mind in it? not the best exuse is it?
button and sato weren't in equal cars, just like alonso and fisichella arent.

____
Tony

Date: June 01, 2005 07:58AM
OH GOD!., you do believe that!

How much money would they have to invest to have 2 different cars?., experimental parts., in case you didn´t know this are always lighter or faster or better than the old ones and they´re given to the 2nd driver, that´s what made sato equally faster than jenson on mid season last year...., anyways the pint is that taku is no better than jenson..

BTW., this is totally out of context, but for those of you who think that jenson is going to williams., forget about it., he´s gonna have probably the best car on the grid for next year, when they use the new wind tunnel that honda is making., if he really wants to be a champions he should stay where he is., there is no ambition in williams..... when was the last time they said they wanted to be world champions?

cheers
Date: June 01, 2005 09:29AM
Posted by: b-tone
How much money would they have to invest to have 2 different cars?

how much to have the same car?
if i was ateam boss my aims would be to win both titles. the best way to do that would aim one driver for the drivers title and get the 2nd driver picking up as many points towards the constructors. just like at ferrari from 99-05. and benetton in 94-5. and renault now.
if you've got a million to invest and can choose between two new 'good' parts, or one new 'great' part i'd choose the latter. especially when the car is capable of points finishes as it is.

flavio's 2nd driver has always had a poor time. and with bar having japanese ownership it would be wise to have a japanese driver to catch the japanese fans. if that driver is good, then thats a bonus - but if he's only average it would be a waste to aim him for the title when just having him in the team brings in the fans.

i dont think all of sato's failures last year were due to poor driving. sometimes he would have had an 'old' car, and other times a 'new' car but button would have always been given a tried and tested stable car.

if you wanted to compare button and fisichella then perhaps this year is the est chance. fisi has a good enough car but his moral will be low, and button has a bag of shite but at least he's the number one driver.

____
Tony

Date: June 01, 2005 10:57AM
Posted by: tripleM
"you have to say that Rubens is the better driver this year."

No,not really.

Date: June 01, 2005 12:05PM
in 2001 fizzy did beat him fair and square.. whether that be coz JB wasnt focused or whatever fizzy beat him.. and in 04 there was 2 races where SAto was faster... Nurb and Indy (where he was untouchable :O!).. the rest was easy for him..

If you put the 2 drivers in the same car again the story would be much different..

2003 - JB killed JV
2004 - GF beat Massa.. but very close and start and end of season
2005 - JV very inconsistant... sometimes quick sometimes not.. most not

Date: June 01, 2005 09:55PM
JV did not race for 1 year..,. in any race car.........., how much do you honestly think cars have changed scince the last one he drove?., not on lap times, but in driving style....

he´s just starting fresh

and if that´s the case., TAKU keept GF very honest., remember?

and just like my firned b-tone says......, flavio´s driver´s always have porr times.., there´s no doubt that jenson was number 2 at benetton in 2001.......
Date: June 01, 2005 11:21PM
Posted by: Anonymous User

beat this
Date: June 03, 2005 06:04PM
Posted by: marcl
There was meant to be 2 different benetons in 1994 if u listen to stories and comments
Date: June 03, 2005 11:17PM
Hahahaha!!!!!!!!! Stories And comments.... so

nice one!
Date: June 04, 2005 01:38AM
Posted by: Mini Maestro
marcl let me help you there

there were two different bennetons in 94. how come verstappen sucked so much and when herbert was drafted in he did well nothing.

the only benneton period [under flav] without a number one driver was 96 - 99. when they had alesi , berger , fisichella and wurz.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy