The 2005 Monaco GP Thread

Posted by markko 
Re: The 2005 Monaco GP Thread
Date: May 23, 2005 12:26AM
Posted by: marcl
i dont hate ferrari and ms i just say how it is on the track u are the one who dont listen to anyone else u even say ms did not break his nose on the back of dc's car.
Date: May 23, 2005 12:27AM
Posted by: Mack
Now that Klien and Liuzzi have had 3 races each, do Redbull decide who gets the drive for the rest of the season now?
Date: May 23, 2005 12:30AM
i hope its klien i think he done a better job in his 3 races. Never know Liuzzi could end up at sauber
Date: May 23, 2005 12:31AM
Posted by: chet
i think next race it will be a battle between BAR, Mclaren Renault, Toyota and Ferrari (cmon you can never discount them)

first of all BAR will be determined to win.. theyve had time to prepare well for the GP.. they will have new engines.. and 2 mighty fired up drivers... and Sato was good their last year and was alot better than JB.. But they have a crap quali spot :(:(

Mclaren.. no doubt best car... and best driver (kimi) and another amazinly good driver..

Renault. learned a track similar to Bahrain etc.. the car will run well..

Toyota - a good car and good drivers..

Ferrari - u just knw there gonna improve.. and no doubt some1 will be testing for them.. *rolls*
but Kimi will win with a BAR or Renault behind

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: May 23, 2005 12:32AM
Posted by: Karan19
marcl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i dont hate ferrari and ms i just say how it is on
> the track u are the one who dont listen to anyone
> else u even say ms did not break his nose on the
> back of dc's car.

what?! where did i say that?????!

"and Michael didnt damage his car by hitting DC? were you sleeping or did u just forget to put on ur glasses? Did you not notice he pitted that very lap to replace his nose cone? "

I've even bolded it for you. If you dont notice it a 2nd time then I really cant help you. still think I said MS didnt break his nose when he hit DC?
Date: May 23, 2005 12:34AM
BAR will be using the imola engines according to autosport as they were new for the race.

Rb is no happy with ms lol, and neither is RS

Date: May 23, 2005 12:37AM
RB should race him nothing wrong with that. In the past everyone was complainin f1 was boring cause ferrari was winning all the time. now that theyre in the midfield people are still slagging them. and ppl say theres not enough overtaking and when ms makes a passing move,although on rubens,ppl still slag him? and you accuse me of being narrow minded....sheesh.
Date: May 23, 2005 12:39AM
Posted by: Imran
I think its been said before but ill just say it again..ferrari cannot just blame their tyres for the performance gap in qulifying.
Minardi have gained 2 seconds on them in quali pace. whereas last years jordan has only lost half a second slower.

also id slag the schumis move on ralf. didnt see the rubens one on tv.
but with ralf it was pretty stupid to jink towards him at the line to try and make ralf slow or crash

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/2005 12:41AM by Imran.
Date: May 23, 2005 12:40AM
not at all am just saying hope it goes both ways and would have been great to see the move as all we saw were people crossing the finish line.

A race is not over until the flag and it looked rs backed off early need to see it again really

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/2005 12:43AM by marcl.
Date: May 23, 2005 12:43AM
Posted by: Team CLR
At least there were moves! nice to see Monaco producing some exiting stuff
Date: May 23, 2005 12:49AM
Imran Wrote:

> Minardi have gained 2 seconds on them in quali
> pace.

yes and no. In monaco yes but if you look at the other races so far they have been about 4-5sec slower than the ferrari which is normal. If you pause and think bout it, there is no way Minardi couldve suddenly made up 3sec on ferrari. Ferrari definitely screwed up their setup and/or chose the wrong tire compound. Dont forget even though theyre both using Bridgestones, there are several sub-types you can select.
Date: May 23, 2005 01:49AM
Posted by: sasjag
Karan19 Wrote:
> RB should race him nothing wrong with that. In the
> past everyone was complainin f1 was boring cause
> ferrari was winning all the time. now that theyre
> in the midfield people are still slagging them.
> and ppl say theres not enough overtaking and when
> ms makes a passing move,although on rubens,ppl
> still slag him? and you accuse me of being narrow
> minded....sheesh.
>

i didnt see anyone slagging MS about what he did. yes we want more overtaking, but u cant have overtaking at all costs coz its simply to dangerous, and you cant chop ppl, if that is what micheal did to ralf, coz that is just as dangerous as brake testing

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: May 23, 2005 01:58AM
I was only referring to his pass on Rubens which was fairly safe. i guess rubens wasnt expecting it and was a bit pissed. Not quite sure what hapened with Ralf. The camera angle on tv wasnt good enough. You'd need to see an onboard to get a good perspective on it. Plus the tv director kept missing the crucial action at the end by focussing on Kimi :(

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/2005 02:13AM by Karan19.
Date: May 23, 2005 02:30AM
Posted by: Zcott
Yeah, who wants to see a McLaren winning anyway? Yawn! :P

Date: May 23, 2005 02:35AM
cmon...dont twist my words. Even Martin Brundle said, that even though the tv director was understandly focussing on Kimi,he was missing a 3 car scrap half a lap behind.
Date: May 23, 2005 02:41AM
Posted by: genesis
Michael is going to be challenging for the win at every other race this year, just like he was before his failures in Spain, and just like he was in Imola.

That Ferrari chassis is MEGA - but the Bridgestone's don't reach anywhere near their most efficient level until about a third way into the race. It's ironic, because it's a reverse of what the tyre war used to be about!

Eary Michelin years: Bad period - amazing period - Good period
Old Bridgestone performance: Good period - good period - good period

This has flipped now. Michael Schumacher would have finished second today had it been any other circuit. I still wouldn't rule him out of the Championship, to be perfectly honest.
Date: May 23, 2005 03:03AM
Posted by: Red Sam
it would be interesting to see what MS was up to.

On the Telegraph website, Rubens is quoted as saying they would have lost their 3 points had he not got out of the way, and Ralf claims that one of them was inches from death.

Interesting stuff...

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: May 23, 2005 03:06AM
if you look back at his career Michael has always been a bit clumsy in traffic. I guess this was just another one of his examples.
Date: May 23, 2005 05:55AM
Posted by: Scorpion Racer
Well, what happens in the last part of the race was pretty amazing. Very good stuff really.
I´m not a fan of this single tyre rule, I think damages F1 because everything seems down to tyres...but, only a blind man would not seem that today this rule makes things really interesting!
First of all, congratulations to Kimi Raikkonen and Mclaren. Unbeatable. He has tyres left in his car for more half race at full pace. Incredible.
Renault mess up completely. Their hard tyres, of hard, have only one thing. Make their drivers lifes harder!!
If for Alonso it was bad for everbody to see, for Fisichella was twice worser."The most difficult race of my life" describe well the hell that Fisico has to go through in the end. In fact Fernando himself lap Giancarlo and say that he was very worried that the same could happen to him.
Anyway he was brilliant to finish 4th. He gives 100% and in my opinion was never dirty...only when he cut the chicane and don´t let Mark pass back. There he wasn´t fair, but in the end it really didn´t matter, he lost the positons anyway.
Nick Heidfeld brilliant also. He was so patient. Me myself was impatient wanting the drivers to go and overtake, and Trulli and Jacques show the that sometimes isn´t the best way. He wait, wait, and at the right moment stop, at right moment made his move...and made a very good 2nd. Mark was good also today, just unlucky with traffic, but it´s somehow strange the team call Nick before him to pit when they were behind Fernando.
The performance of the Ferraris it´s completely strange. It never gonna work have a fast car only midway race. Bridgestone lasts fine the distance, but the performance difference between begining and end of lyfe tyre it´s just wrong. They´ve have to sort this out otherwise their gonna have problems even to win a race this year. Only on rainy or very cold conditions.
Sauber could have points, but Jacques did all wrong today. I like him, I admire him, but today he made a titanic mistake. Peter Sauber´s words "This is the most depressing thing that can happen to a team" make clear what of he thinks of this move. The excuse that at least he tried, for me, don´t work. It was patetic he locking tyres, running over the kerb e hit the barriers with the front wing. That have nothing to do with Felipe....he´s get all wrong by himsef, that was not a try...that was stupidity.
Greats battles, great manouvres. The vibration of the Toyota crew after Jarno´s move on Fisichella was great, contagious. That it´s Formula 1 and racing it´s about. Jarno´s made a honest mistake there. He have to try because everybody behind was on his gearbox. End bad, but the intention was good. And the guy in front of him wasn´t his teamate!!
About Michael move on Rubens, for me nothing wrong. Rubens was cautious with Ralf in front of him, and Michael see his chance and goes for it.
Rubens, I think, was not complaining about that. At least not verbally. He was complaining that if was the other way round, he would would not be allowed to do the same. And I have to agree with him on that.
But, on the other hand, you have to admire Michael Shumacher for his attitude. He fights for 7th, 8th, with the same intensity that he fights for the Victory. The man it´s amazing. He´s motivation for racing it´s endless.
Montoya was great. Calm, and agressive. Ralf also. They both deserve credit for their performances in today´s race
Great Monaco Grand Prix this year. I think the best since the duel Senna x Mansell back 1992!
Date: May 23, 2005 08:17AM
Posted by: Razorsedge
That is the best post about a G.P. I've read in a long time!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy