approx engine BHP

Posted by RenaultFan 
approx engine BHP
Date: May 14, 2005 07:38PM
Posted by: RenaultFan
hey guys

does anybody know the approx horsepower for each team? I have heard that the Honada and Toyota are more powerful then the Ferrari and BMW is this true?
Re: approx engine BHP
Date: May 14, 2005 07:49PM
Posted by: kizz360
these figures were in autosport a few weeks ago, but i guess they have changed over the last few races

Honda - 855
Renault - 840
BMW - 838
Ferrari - 835
Toyota - 830
Mercedes - 820
Cosworth - 812

Date: May 14, 2005 07:52PM
Posted by: Speed_Addict
those numbers are not even close to the real figures. maybe a few years ago (3,4)

today's top engines develop well over 900 bhp, maybe even closer to 950 than 900
Date: May 14, 2005 08:07PM
Posted by: 97kirkc
Yes, Honda were on abot getting very close to the 1000 mark for this season.

Date: May 14, 2005 08:13PM
Posted by: dolinseks
Yep, Mercedes guys also said, that some engines will develop more than 1000hp before the end of this season.

Date: May 14, 2005 11:25PM
Posted by: Sil3nt-War
add another 100 HP to the above figures and we might be getting close.
Date: May 15, 2005 12:42AM
Posted by: Speed_Addict
I don't think they'll make it to reach the 1K mark before the new 2.4 formula kicks in (which will reduce the power by some 20 percent).

As for the most powerful engine out there I'm pretty sure that Toyota currently produces some mid 900 figures... Mercedes Honda and Ferrari are obviously not far off either, but what really stuns me is Renault. How did they manage to improve so much over the winter? Engine power had been their Achiles Heel over the past few seasons and now suddenly... Bang.

Or is it that their chassis is soooo incredibly and unimaginably advanced that they easily compensate any lack of power.
Date: May 15, 2005 12:44AM
Posted by: Zcott
Fisichella didn't have much difficulty in outdragging Webber down Barcelona's main straight to take the position. So clearly the Renault is pretty awesome.

Date: May 15, 2005 12:53AM
Posted by: danm
its the r25 chassis, theyve all been been awesome for a good few years just they had areas in the black all the time that let it down. this year theyve got all the good bits at once :)

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: May 15, 2005 01:09AM
Posted by: Imran
Also i think the BMW engine is down on power.cos its just an update on last years as they had to abandon this years engine due to the engine rules being changed at short notice

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: May 15, 2005 01:50AM
Posted by: chet
but u have to say the RS25 is got alot more power and is alot more closer to the top than the RS24 was in 2004.. defo moved ahead of Mercedes and BMW..

i think its the Hondas and Toyotas with the best engines no doubt..

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: May 15, 2005 03:18AM
Posted by: 97kirkc
I think Mercedes is more near the front now, the engine has had a massive step from the end of last year and has recently had an upgrade.

Date: May 15, 2005 03:23AM
Posted by: six degrees
chet Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i think its the Hondas and Toyotas with the best
> engines no doubt..

Suppose it depends if your definition of "best" is strictly limited to power rather than reliability/the legality of the chassis it's running in.

:p
Date: May 15, 2005 09:41AM
Posted by: Pooky
autosports figures a few weeks ago were higher than those listed by kizz360
Date: May 15, 2005 09:58AM
Posted by: Redbull-Racing
BMW shouldn't be angry at Williams, Williams should be angry at BMW, they brag about how thier engine is one of the best but in reality, the cosworth would give it a run for its money, and cosworth is a much smaller private engine building while BMW is a auto-giant, with semingly unlimited resources..

Date: May 15, 2005 10:20AM
Posted by: -qwerty-
but in past years the willoiams chasis has let them down so much, even this year its not great, abd the bmw is probably as good as the ferrari and merc efforts.

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: May 15, 2005 08:33PM
Posted by: marcl
BMW dont have a great engine this year its just a step up from last years as they got caught by the regs and they aint even that reliable
Date: May 15, 2005 11:21PM
Posted by: Race_Monkey
Nothing at the Williams outfit seems quite there, the car has potential, but is still off the pace, same goes for drivers, and the BMW seems to be a middling engine in terms of BHP and Bahrain showed its not bulletproof either (same goes for spain actually)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/15/2005 11:21PM by Race_Monkey.
Date: May 16, 2005 09:05AM
Posted by: chet
Williams have been droping off at the start of each season.. but will soon catch it up :)

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy