Will be Montoya a tester of McLaren?

Posted by felipefbc 
Will be Montoya a tester of McLaren?
Date: May 02, 2005 04:04AM
Posted by: felipefbc
Hi I am from Columbia;

I listen in the radio some kind of rumours of JPM...

This rumours say:

JPM will be a tester of McLaren for his fisical condicionts

What is your opinion??

PD: SOrry for my spelling I'm new....

Fixed the CAPITALS, not the spelling. Using capitals all the time looks as if you were shouting at us and shouting at people you don't know is unpolite. ;) Cheers and no offence! | Vader

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2005 06:42PM by Vader.
Re: Will be Montoya a tester of McLaren?
Date: May 02, 2005 04:58AM
Posted by: Bernie The Bolt
Doubt it. But I have to admit, Wurz and DLR have done a knock-up job covering for him.
Date: May 02, 2005 05:51AM
Posted by: ILE_FIN
felipefbc Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> HI I AM FROM COLOMBIA;
> I LISTEN IN THE RADIO SOME KIND OF RUMORS OF
> JPM...
>
> THIS RUMORS SAY:
>
> JPM WILL BE A TESTER OF McLaren FOR HIS FISICAL
> CONDICIONTS
>
>
> WHAT IS YOUR OPINION??
>
> PD:SORRY FOR MY SPELLING I'M NEW ....

I really hope so...

---
Date: May 02, 2005 11:15AM
Posted by: LS.
Montoya is a race winner, he's got pole positions and set the fastest ever lap in F1,

Do you seriously think Mclaren would keep him out of a race seat in place of 2 test drivers?

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2005 11:15AM by LS..
Date: May 02, 2005 12:02PM
Posted by: Zcott
I'm pretty sure he's contracted to be a race driver and not a test driver.

Date: May 02, 2005 12:18PM
Posted by: vesuvius
I have heard rumours that Montoya will be a 3rd driver and De La Rosa will drive at Barcelona.
Date: May 02, 2005 01:07PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
well no doubt he'll be doing quite a bit of testing before he races again but i cant see him not racing for mclaren when hes fully fit
Date: May 02, 2005 04:11PM
Posted by: iCeMaN pAuL
I wouldn't mind if Montoya never came back to F1 to be honest. We can just as much viewing pleasure with De La Rosa or Wurz in the car.

Providing of course ITV doesn't go for an advert break everytime something interesting happens... :P

[en-gb.facebook.com]
Date: May 02, 2005 04:26PM
Posted by: Mini Maestro
man people are acting like n00bs saying DLR and Wurz were any better.

1 - You didnt get any viewing pleasure of Wurz we barely saw him
2 - DLR made stupid mistakes...entertaining yes...any other track in the world except Shanghai and it would be no points for him.
3 - JPM is justing settling into the team. Wurz has been there 4 years and DLR 2, DLr has done the most mileage in the car.

If Mclaren do the stupid thing of making Montoya a tester be sure that Ferrari will pounce and put him on some contract for 2007 season onwards or something or other
Date: May 02, 2005 05:12PM
Posted by: Red Sam
exactly.

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: May 02, 2005 08:34PM
Posted by: Slash
ok...

1 "Montoya is a race winner, he's got pole positions and set the fastest ever lap in F1" Rubens did last year!!!

2 "JPM is justing settling into the team. Wurz has been there 4 years and DLR 2, DLr has done the most mileage in the car.".., god is that the best excuse ever!!!

you're not in f-1 to learn,. that's exaclty what you do while you're getting there., he's not learning the car or whatever you have to say.., if you're there to learn you're in the wrong bussisness.., he's good, juan is good, but he's not any better than what he've done so far...., he's just gonna be another DC or something...

nothing special..., really....
Date: May 02, 2005 08:41PM
Posted by: Red Sam
hes had 2 races. Give the man a break. We know he has skill, or he wouldnt have been signed up for £x million.

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: May 02, 2005 08:49PM
Posted by: Imran
"you're not in f-1 to learn,. that's exaclty what you do while you're getting there., he's not learning the car or whatever you have to say.., if you're there to learn you're in the wrong bussisness.., he's good, juan is good, but he's not any better than what he've done so far...., he's just gonna be another DC or something...

nothing special..., really...."

hoe can u judge some one on two races???

that means that Massa was better than fisi last year..cos he out qualified and outraced him in melbourne and malaysia,,
Look at how Raikkonen compares with DC in his first few race of 2002 with the team, Id say montoyas done just as well against KR as KR did against DC, does that mean JPM will go and dominate KR like KR did to DC

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: May 02, 2005 09:05PM
Posted by: Karan19
another example of that... Nick Heidfeld out qualified Kimi Raikkonen 10-7 in 2001

And look at Kimi today. He's a race winner and Heidfeld isnt

Not all drivers have debut years like Jacques Villeneuve.
Date: May 02, 2005 09:23PM
Posted by: Mini Maestro
Karan19 Wrote:
> another example of that... Nick Heidfeld out
> qualified Kimi Raikkonen 10-7 in 2001
>
> And look at Kimi today. He's a race winner and
> Heidfeld isnt
>
> Not all drivers have debut years like Jacques
> Villeneuve.
>

that is unfair Kimi vs. Nick. Kimi has been in a top team since 2002 while Heidfeld only got his chance this year because all the other top teams had dudes on lenghty contracts or hands were tied.
Date: May 02, 2005 09:53PM
Posted by: harjinator
Personally, I hope either Jordan go bust (not likely) or BAR get banned (find out on Weds iirc) so McLaren, ferrari, Renault and Willams have to run 3 cars. Then they'd be able to use DLR and JPM. Argument solved. Wurz was too cautious imo-he should stick to doing testing, cos he appears to do a good job at that

Team Japan Owner - GPGNC
Date: May 02, 2005 11:09PM
Posted by: Team CLR
"Montoya is a race winner, he's got pole positions and set the fastest ever lap in F1"

More than a race winner, he's an out-and-out racer, do you seriously think that he'll be content with driving around on a Friday afternoon, then doing nothing on Saturday & Sunday when he knows that he should be racing?, I doubt it.
Date: May 02, 2005 11:58PM
Posted by: sega
felipefbc Escrito:
> Hi I am from Columbia;
>

Are you from "Columbia" or Colombia?

Regarding JPM as a test driver: I've heard those rumours too, started here in Colombia by a journalist named "Julio Sanchez". This guy barely know what F1 is... he's not qualified at all on that topic. He's jus trying to make news up out of nothing... tipical!

Saludos desde Colombia.
Date: May 03, 2005 12:50AM
NOBODY on earth would change JPM for Wurz or DLR, but he's not as good as everybody think he is., when he first started racing in f-1 everybody said he was gonna end schumacher's reign..., it's been 5 years since

now he's just consider as a good f-1 driver..., he's not special, that's all i'm saying...., he's good., don't get me wrong.., i do think he's very good, he's just not that special.., i think he's gonna get beter at mclaren.., but that's not gonna put him in front of kimi.., only behind him
Date: May 03, 2005 12:55AM
They should put Marcel Tiemann in an F-1 CAR...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy