Mark Webber - Bit of a k**b

Posted by iceman kimi 
Mark Webber - Bit of a k**b
Date: April 29, 2005 04:01PM
Posted by: iceman kimi
Just read this on f1racing.net:

Williams' Mark Webber has fumed at claims he should put the pedal to the metal in Formula One. The Australian angrily told Sydney newspaper 'The Herald Sun' that he is doing 'absolutely everything' to make the BMW-powered car quicker. "It's not at the level we want to be at," Webber, 28, explained.

Indeed, most of the recent criticism levelled at him has originated in the Aussie media. But Mark Webber insisted he is doing a better job than his only real benchmark -- German teammate Nick Heidfeld. "Nick just sits there in a race," he marvelled. "I refuse to do that, settle for seventh or eighth. I'm going to try."

Sorry Mark, how many points have you got compared to Nick????

He is trying my patience really. I was very excited to see him in a decent car but he has been shooting himself in the foot too often. Like the fizzy incident in sepang etc.

DISCUSS

Re: Mark Webber - Bit of a k**b
Date: April 29, 2005 04:04PM
Posted by: Red Sam
he has no right to be mouthing off at Nick, who hasnt annoyed him at all, and while has started behind him on the grid most times so far, has driven a consistant race to points, unlike Webber who has fallen back in every race.

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: April 29, 2005 04:07PM
Posted by: Zcott
Fair play to Mark for being a real racer. He won't settle for a lower paying position if there's even a hint of more. I respect him a lot more than I respect Heidfeld, because Mark is a proper racing driver. He's the kind of guy F1 needs.

Date: April 29, 2005 04:08PM
Posted by: Red Sam
the most impressive aggressive racing by a Williams driver this year has been Nick in Malaysia.

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: April 29, 2005 04:09PM
Posted by: Muttley
Exactly.... didn't Heidfeld pull off some of the best moves of the race in malaysia?
including one on a certain m.webber, who barged back through in a highly dubious way? if he can hold his own in wheel to wheel with webber and ralf (two of the most dangerous drivers on the track) then he must be ok. And he wasn't about to sit behind MS in melbourne either was he?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/29/2005 04:10PM by Muttley.
Date: April 29, 2005 04:15PM
Posted by: SpaceAce
wateva
maybe u should go make babies with nick if u love him so much
maybe it will make him a real driver :P

GPGSL WDC Season 4
Date: April 29, 2005 04:21PM
Posted by: marcl
how is mark a real racer, good at quali yes racing no all he does is go backwards crash or spin or make mistakes.

Nick might start lower but is either ahead or just behind webber in races, that says nick has better race craft and i expect williams are happier with nick than with webber.
Date: April 29, 2005 04:23PM
Posted by: 97kirkc
SpaceAce - Before the launch of the FW27 BMW were making a brand new engine for this season. The engine was abandoned and they are using a modified version of last years engine because Nick discovered mistakes in the unit on the design. Also hes Williams high scoring driver this year. Go figure. Williams would be foolish to get rid of Nick, hes a huge asset and at the moment, hes pwning Webber IMO.

Also - what is k**b?

Date: April 29, 2005 04:25PM
Posted by: -qwerty-
How does nick know how an engine works to notice faults in the design ;)

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: April 29, 2005 04:25PM
Posted by: Race_Monkey
iceman kimi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
>
> Sorry Mark, how many points have you got compared
> to Nick????

9= Nick Heidfeld German Williams-BMW 7

9= Mark Webber Australian Williams-BMW 7
:)

both webber and heidfeld have had some cruel luck and have made some silly mistakes this season, they are both quicker than their results show.

Date: April 29, 2005 04:28PM
Posted by: 97kirkc
-qwerty- Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How does nick know how an engine works to notice
> faults in the design

Cause ickle is a genius :P Hes now outwitted Louise everytime hes been interviewed :P

Date: April 29, 2005 05:22PM
Posted by: iceman kimi
k**b = knob

(schoolboy insult)

yay

Date: April 29, 2005 05:56PM
Posted by: chet
This is why i hate webber. he for no reason mouths off his teammates.. im supprised Frank has allowed this coz in f1 racing he sed If any team-mate sed anything about the other then they will having words with frank...

it was about JPM and Ralf... saying they never insulted each other but if they did....

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: April 29, 2005 06:34PM
Posted by: Muks_C
I don't thnk Webber is a 'kerb'.

i think he's out of order a bit. i've been more impressed with Nick so far than Mark. he (Nick) quietly goes about his business.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: April 29, 2005 06:53PM
Posted by: Slash
He just knows nick is gettin all the attention cuz he's doin' the job., he just needed 15 seconds of media., that's why he did such a thing.., still frank knows that he didn't sign the best driver.., thiessen did by choosing nick!

couple of weeks ago i think it was michael (sam), who said that nick contributed a lot on developing the car...

cheers
Date: April 29, 2005 07:01PM
Posted by: tripleM
What the...

From where i stand it doesn't look like criticism of Heidfeld or mouthing off but more like Webber admitting that they have a different approach to racing.
Date: April 29, 2005 07:17PM
Posted by: marcl
well its easy to see what way works, nicks lol unless u count spins crashes and mistakes then webber wins.
Date: April 29, 2005 07:18PM
you sound very inocent.., either that or you don't know mark webber at all
Date: April 29, 2005 07:19PM
LOL!., jajaja!, good one!
Date: April 29, 2005 08:05PM
Posted by: tripleM
"you sound very inocent"

Or maybe i just don't agree.

"either that or you don't know mark webber at all"

Go on,enlighten us how you know Webber.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy