Completely pi**ed off with Eurosport

Posted by TheSmokingPen 
Completely pi**ed off with Eurosport
Date: June 02, 2003 12:37PM
Posted by: TheSmokingPen
Sat down tonight to watch the "broadcast" of the Milwaukee ChampCar race - or at least the hour long edited highlights that Eurosport deigned to give us, only to fast forward through 33 minutes of bleedin' tennis before finally getting to the racing. Which meant, of course, that I had lost the 27 minutes at the end!

When I realised that they hadn't broadcast Jeremy Shaw and co, but had substituted Carlton Kirby's uninformed and unprofessional drivel, (I mean, after commentating on three races, you'd think he'd realise that the Mexican leading the championship is called Michel, NOT Michael), I turned it off.

Why on earth do they bother? Sky weren't perfect by a long shot, but at least we got the races broadcast in full and on time.

Re: Completely pi**ed off with Eurosport
Date: June 02, 2003 12:42PM
Posted by: Ellis
Did u email them? I would, they shudnt be changing the times of the boradcasts without telling us, and CART is a fairly major series, it shud be broadcast properly

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: June 02, 2003 01:39PM
Posted by: marcl
They always do that thats why they lost F1 years ago
Date: June 02, 2003 01:42PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Yeah they do it the whole @#$%& time with rally too (i mean its on at midnight and yet they often postpone it 45mins because of curling) wa*kers

Get F1 back to the BBC - decent theme tune, no ads. AND ALSO GET RID OF JAMES ALLEN AND TONY JARDINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Martin Haven does an excellent job on Eurosport - would he be tempted?
Date: June 03, 2003 02:04PM
Posted by: Pooky
feck off, jardine is a geezer.

tony jardine is a top bloke. but i agree get rid of allen.

Date: June 03, 2003 02:41PM
Posted by: Sauberfan
And what about your F1 report in England ? In France, TF1 are doing a real crap with it. Only the race on sunday, and that with a lot of advertising (about 5 times per GP, = 25 minutes in a 90 minutes long race). I hope for you guys that isn't the same things.
Date: June 03, 2003 04:46PM
We are not gonna be able to see quali live on ITV for canada, can not wait till digi is back next year :) (i hope).
Date: June 04, 2003 02:56PM
Posted by: daveb
eurosport - i've known them to cancel entire programs b4.
the worst one was leman a couple of years back it was meant 2 be on at 5:30, the french open (typically on at the same time) had been rained off and they were showing highlights from every tennis game they cud find, rather than cutting to leman, which like cart is fairly major. (or should that be open?!)

Date: June 04, 2003 03:02PM
They did that with a GP in 1990 they just did not show it :(
Date: June 05, 2003 05:41AM
Posted by: Maverick
@Sauberfan

In Holland we've got about 12 or 13 commercial breaks, but they only last bout a minute.
And it is up to the commentator to decide when to take these breaks, so when nothing's happening or they're behind the safetycar they go for the breaks, sometimes even two or three right after eachother behind the safetycar!!!

Commercial breaks are never a good thing when you are watching a good race but doing it in this way makes sure you almost never miss anything of the action going on.

As of now the light at the end of the tunnel is switched off -untill further notice- The Management.
Date: June 05, 2003 09:44AM
Posted by: daveb
has any1 seen the leman times in this weeks autosport :';( :@(

Date: June 05, 2003 09:58AM
Posted by: IATWMH
holla to the guy who said bring back the bbc, they were the REAL days.

eurosport however, that suprises me, they've usually been good with nascar/cart years ago, i guess everything gets bad with time..
Date: June 05, 2003 10:15AM
Posted by: _Alex_
Tony Jardine is excellent, I love listening to his analysis.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: June 05, 2003 10:22AM
Posted by: Lanky-Lad
Yeah, its Jim Rosenthal whos the problem!

"Treat others with respect and you too will be respected." Oac - ed'c dnia - E ys yldiymmo drec cyt. :)
Date: June 05, 2003 10:26AM
Posted by: andrew_S
Get F1 back to the BBC - decent theme tune, no ads. AND ALSO GET RID OF JAMES ALLEN AND TONY JARDINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Martin Haven does an excellent job on Eurosport - would he be tempted?

but jardine was part of the bbc team!

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005
Date: June 05, 2003 02:43PM
Posted by: Zcott
Next time you see Jim on TV, just confirm for me the fact that he actually has no eyes.

Date: June 05, 2003 02:57PM
Posted by: Ellis
has any1 seen the leman times in this weeks autosport :';( :@(

Wots so bad?

im gona be there come race day :D

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: June 05, 2003 03:15PM
Posted by: andrew_S
hehe, yeah, i will be there too :-P its an alpha tour btw, so jon and the gpl lot might want to stay away ;) (joke!)

seriously though i know what its like, eurosport are usually really good, but they could have more, even in the last few years

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005
Date: June 05, 2003 03:51PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
But dave is a gpler :o

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy