Posted by Eagle 
Re: Is Fernando Alonso the REAL DEAL??
Date: April 04, 2005 09:19PM
Posted by: Nik_I
luck. thats all it is.
Date: April 04, 2005 09:23PM
Posted by: vesuvius
Alonso did many mistakes last year because his car wasn't that good now we can see he has the best car by far and it's very easy to drive so ofcourse he dosen't make mistakes this year (so far)but Kimi dosen't have a good car now and have never had a best car of the grid.
Date: April 04, 2005 09:53PM
Posted by: mad otter
You cant really say if he can handle the pressue or not. Hes had 11 laps with a 'not up to speed' Ferrari. I cant wait for Imola, if Ferrari and MS can sort the probs out, we will see if he can handle the pressure. I like Alonso alot, i think he is very talented, quick and reliable BUT i dont see him beating MS, when MS and Ferrari get sorted, i see them running away again... but you never know. F1 is IF backwards...

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

AMD Athlon 64 3200+, 1024mb PC3200 GeIL Goldern Dragon RAM, ATi Sapphire X800 256mb, Windows XP
Date: April 04, 2005 10:36PM
Posted by: sunil
chet Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> hes very good, but i personally think Kimi is
> better, and the quickest.
>
>

i agree with him, if in case if kimi is behind alonso just we had MS in bahrain,defin'ly kimi would come 1st. as we can see in malaysia and bahrain trulli can't able to manage close distance to alonso after pitstop's, kimi would have defin'ly manage that. no doubt.

when comes to pressure matter
the alonso would have definitly done mistakes if schumacher continued for another 20 laps if in case the tyres are good for him in the entire race or his car or even kimi is present behind him just like MSchumacher.

In bahrain alonso went very cool b'coz he didn't have pressure from any driver after MS out from the race. and the others are fighting for positions as well as engine for next race. we have seen every car made mistakes when fighting for positions except renault that doesn't mean ALONSO or renault is best b'coz they didn't have any pressure from anyone.

we can't say right now that renault car is 100% good now as we can see the problems are coming for renault too. understeering and gear box(i doubt not sure about the problem for fisi in bahrain) problems. the others are still in a fear of engine saving and the tyre wear for next race.

but M schumacher is an ultimate driver, he achieved a lot in last 7 years just b'coz of his talent and strategies not his car, car played only 40% part.

i think result's can change if ferrari have good car along with tyres and if mclaren pole position are 2 or 3 in qualifying from IMOLA

i do believe that ALONSO is better driver infact very good driver but i think kimi is best

===================================================================================================================
i7 950@4GHZ 1.24V|Asus P6X58D-E|Dominators 10GB(2GBx5)1600C8|Corsair H70|Corsair 800D|Corsair HX850|EVGA,Zotac GTX 2x470|VX2433W FULL HD|X-Fi Plantinum|Creative S750 Gigaworks7.1|NZXT Sentry 2|7TB
Date: April 04, 2005 10:52PM
Posted by: mikef1
but M schumacher is an ultimate driver, he achieved a lot in last 7 years just b'coz of his talent and strategies not his car, car played only 40% part.
Now i think a lot of us here think that thats not true.

Date: April 04, 2005 11:13PM
Posted by: Forgotten-Boy
40% ? sorry but I would say 70% at least , 40% is to low , looking at malaysia without a GOOD car he can´t do any miracles. and I heard Michael was already having some littles problems with tyres in 11 laps for god sake , he would finish the race far behind Alonso , that´s for sure.

to answer the question. on this fantastic Renault yup , since I think 70% of the car matters to the REAL DEAL he can win this championship.
Date: April 04, 2005 11:31PM
Posted by: mad otter
im sorry but how can you say that, and you heard he was having problems with the tyres... someone should have told ross brawn or jean todt that. The tyres had been working well all weekend.

We will NEVER know what might have happened in that race.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

AMD Athlon 64 3200+, 1024mb PC3200 GeIL Goldern Dragon RAM, ATi Sapphire X800 256mb, Windows XP
Date: April 04, 2005 11:47PM
Posted by: b-tone
94.68%

____
Tony

Date: April 04, 2005 11:59PM
Posted by: chet
lol @tony :)

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: April 05, 2005 12:10AM
Well mad otter I can´t really tell but when Ross Brawn says that Barrichello has less problems with tyres degradation and there are people saying Schumacher had rear tyre to much degradation already in 11 laps of race I reach to some conclusions and say that Schumi wouldnt win this race. but I´m sure next race they wont have problems
Date: April 05, 2005 01:24AM
Posted by: matt3454
if a car was only 40% then schumacher could win in a minardi. but he wont
Date: April 05, 2005 09:56AM
Posted by: Eagle
Theres only been 3 races so far, and I reckon the Michelin tyres are much much better in hot environments (and that's helped a lot), but also the 05 spec Renault looks like a COMPLETE package.

I reckon the car counts for about 40%, driver skill counts for 55%, and luck/environmental apsects/choice of tyres count for the other 5%.

Personally, I think Schumacher will start issuing a challenge from Catalunya onwards, but I don't think he'll get anywhere near the podium for Imola. Hoping for Fisi to win in Imola in a few weeks time, and Barrichello maybe 3rd behind Alonso.

Date: April 05, 2005 11:17AM
Posted by: mikef1
Even top drivers and designers recognise that the car and tyres count for the vast majority of what a driver, even Schumi, can do. To say that a car counts for only 40% is quite frankly rediculous.
Date: April 05, 2005 12:00PM
Posted by: marcl
MS was great at the short sprint parts of the races and coming in and out of the pits he can not longer do that, alot of his wins were due to that.

MS is a very good driver at driving flat out but he has never been truly raced, i.e had to make passes well none i can remember
Date: April 05, 2005 12:24PM
yeah I can only remember on his early days at 1993 and 1994 but 1995 on ... hum none
Date: April 05, 2005 01:27PM
Posted by: Zcott
Well, name me a driver who has been "raced" in the past 10 years. Who actually "races" now, with passing and stuff like that? Contemporary F1 doesn't involve overtaking loads of people, otherwise we wouldn't be complaining about the lack of passing. Instead, modern day F1 involves winning from the front in the best car. Schumacher did it......Villeneuve did it.....Hakkinen did it.....Hill did it.....Mansell did it.....Senna did it some years.....the only reason he didn't do it all the time was because he had Prost and Mansell around at the same time.

Racing happens in the midfield. Winning happens at the front. Which one would you rather do?

Date: April 05, 2005 02:09PM
Posted by: sunil

ok guys, many of them are saying that 40% is very less but take barrichello who is also having same car what schumacher had. then he is not winning championships or atleast consistently race wins. only one or three in a season.

some of them said about malaysian car isn't good and he can't do anything, yes ur right it was damn bad car but still he managed to do atleast 7th. if another driver is in same position he would finish somewhere around 15th position, i reckon even if alonso is there at that position he wouldn't complete in top ten.

===================================================================================================================
i7 950@4GHZ 1.24V|Asus P6X58D-E|Dominators 10GB(2GBx5)1600C8|Corsair H70|Corsair 800D|Corsair HX850|EVGA,Zotac GTX 2x470|VX2433W FULL HD|X-Fi Plantinum|Creative S750 Gigaworks7.1|NZXT Sentry 2|7TB
Date: April 05, 2005 02:16PM
lol Sunil

Barrichello is driver number 2 and Schumacher driver number 1 , always remember this. this isnt fair to say Barrichello only wins 1 or 3 races per year, he always win more races than Schumacher at the end of a championship ;) , which is when he can win races ...

"if another driver is in same position he would finish somewhere around 15th position"

you really think so ? man Schumacher finished 7th , if Barrichello had no problem he would finish 6th place :S what is so great about Schumacher performance ?

Schumacher is very good , but he is no God .. even Senna had some "troubles" with Berger

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2005 02:17PM by Forgotten-Boy.
Date: April 05, 2005 03:08PM
Posted by: marcl
let see JV passed people, Mika passed people, kimi passed people, DC passed people, RB passed poeople.

Am not saying MS passes no one just can not remember the last time he did or needed to for that matter. Suppose it was kimi in Austria 2003
Date: April 05, 2005 03:52PM
the last time he for sure overtoke someone was at Brazil last year, Melbourne he only passed someone on the first lap
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy