Alonso Vs. Raikkonen Vs. Montoya

Posted by Redbull-Racing 
Re: Alonso Vs. Raikkonen Vs. Montoya
Date: March 30, 2005 08:57PM
Posted by: gav
Kimi threw it off the road at Suzuka in 2001 big style, taking off my favourite driver in the process.

Off the top of my head, he also hit Pizzonia at Barcelona (although it wasn't his fault), but that's all I can remember.

Montoya isn't as bad as people make out - he had a bit of a poor 1st season - hit by Verstappen (not his fault), crashing at Monaco and spinning at Sepang - his reputation does precede him.
Date: March 30, 2005 09:04PM
Posted by: Fred
gav Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Kimi threw it off the road at Suzuka in 2001 big style,
> taking off my favourite driver in the process.

Looked that way, but it was suspension failure...

Date: March 30, 2005 09:12PM
Posted by: tripleM
"i can not remember kimi doing that once in a gp."

Australia, 3 1/2 weeks ago.

Date: March 30, 2005 10:29PM
Posted by: mikef1
RedSam wrote:
i think Nurburgring cost him the championship - leading easily when engine lets go
Reminds me of how lucky Shumi was that year.
Date: March 30, 2005 11:05PM
Posted by: marcl
oh yeah he stalled thats a mistake but he still did not throw the car off the road and retire.

Just when u look at all the top drivers over the past 4 years kimi is the one who probably has made the least driver errors.

Probably the usa that year as well the bloody rain lolol oh yeah and the oil he slipt on at silverstone that let jpm take 2nd
Date: March 30, 2005 11:20PM
He ran off the track in Melbourne in 2003 too.
Date: March 30, 2005 11:26PM
Posted by: chet
sorry to go OT but...

ppl are saying Kimster should have won the champ in 03...

as much as i hate MS, MS had more badluck, that season and tbh deserved that champ, nobody could do Austria 2003. that was a race where Shumi trull was great.

but back OT - id say JPM should have better stats but has had more bad luck, and more driver errors than the other 2

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: March 31, 2005 12:28AM
Don't know about Austria 2003... He just had to keep his head and he had it won.

The season on as whole - he really deserved it - in an inferior car he was staggeringly good. Magny-Cours he was much slower than most of those that finished behind him, yet he some how clawed a decent position. I've never seen a man fight so hard for scraps as his did that race, and got more than scraps as a result.

His most impressive season in my opinion, comfortably.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2005 12:33AM by gav.
Date: March 31, 2005 12:47AM
Posted by: Zyklef
gav Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Kimi threw it off the road at Suzuka in 2001 big
> style, taking off my favourite driver in the
> process.
>
> Off the top of my head, he also hit Pizzonia at
> Barcelona (although it wasn't his fault), but
> that's all I can remember.
>
> Montoya isn't as bad as people make out - he had a
> bit of a poor 1st season - hit by Verstappen (not
> his fault), crashing at Monaco and spinning at
> Sepang - his reputation does precede him

amen, to all of that (especially the Suzuka incident :-( )

and to everybody saying that Kimi lost the 2003 championship due to the engine failure at the Nurburgring, what about Montoya's engine failure's a Austria and Suzuka, both of which he was leading and you have to admit that the drive-thru in the USA came at the worst possible time, meaning he had to run a lap in the wet on slick tyres, certainly costing him a bit.

On the whole, Montoya has impressed me the most, and if it wasn't for a few dodgy BMW engines and odd behaving Michelin tyres (think 2001/2002, the tyres wore off unbelievably in the first few laps before slowly regaining grip again) I think he would most certainly be reaching a victory tally in double figures.

Date: March 31, 2005 12:55AM
Posted by: Vader
Kimi also partly lost the championship in Brazil when the victory was taken away from him. Together with the Nürburgring and the fact that he was actaully faster than JPM at Monaco, yet couldn't overtake due to the track characteristics, he would have been champ no problem.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: March 31, 2005 01:01AM
Posted by: chet
he was by far the most consistant, and therefore got the most reward from the new points (or what was new) system.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: March 31, 2005 07:19AM
Posted by: b-tone
kimi didnt have the victory taken away. well he did but shouldnt have been his in the first place. if he'd got 0.12 points per race more he wouldve won the wc

____
Tony

Date: March 31, 2005 08:30AM
Posted by: marcl
also have to remember in austria kimi had an engine problem and was not going at full speed, and then that RS RB crash in Germany cost him big time as well MS was 8th on the grid or something like that
Date: March 31, 2005 10:46AM
Posted by: chrislewis
With all this talk about if this didnt happen to him or if that happened to him than he would have been champ is a waste of time. If Schumacher did'nt spin off in Brazil etc, etc, etc than he would have won the championship by even more. Maybe by 30 more points. Take the bad with the good I suppose.

Date: March 31, 2005 02:10PM
Posted by: Zyklef
Exactly, any one of Schumi, Montoya and Kimi could have quite easily won the championship in 2003, just certain circumstances played their way
Date: April 02, 2005 06:04PM
Posted by: NickKK
could, if, but, perhaps, had he not, if it didn't .....come on people

Date: April 04, 2005 08:53AM
Posted by: Ali
What could happen and didn't happen...
There are such a lot of cases...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy