McLaren Thread #5465645... But this looks promising...

Posted by senninho 
Taken from Autosport.com:

"Juan Pablo Montoya set the fastest time on the fourth day of testing at the Paul Ricard circuit in France today (Friday), but it was Alex Wurz who stole the show, setting the second quickest time in the new McLaren MP4-18A.

After encountering reliability gremlins for the first two days of its running, Wurz was finally allowed to push the new MP4-18A harder today. A sign of the car's potential was that his quickest lap came in the final hour of the test when the car was running a heavier fuel load than most of the rivals present."

And it's only the 3rd day of running...

Ok, i know they're still only testing, and it's got some reliability bugs, but there definately seems to be plenty of raw speed in the car.

Not wanting to sound too optimistic, but don't you think Ferrari might be a teeny bit worried?

Everything in the past is better than today.It's true,I read it on the internet.
I have put this in another forum lol.

The time was done after a few laps of setup and with fuel on board, he went faster than the current mclaren.

Heres the times

Time from today and at last its fast

1 Juan Pablo Montoya Williams-BMW M 1m32.307s 69
2 Alex Wurz McLaren-Mercedes M 1m33.566s 30*
3 Marc Gene Williams-BMW M 1m34.059s 65
4 Pedro de la Rosa McLaren-Mercedes M 1m34.099s 74*
5 Ricardo Zonta Toyota M 1m36.218s 62

Post Edited (05-23-03 20:34)

yep only 1.3 secs off the pace. i wldnt read much into it tho as its only testing and i suspect mclaren are trying out tonnes of diff parts on this car b4 they come up witht the final spec :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
that is impressive!!

and only 30 laps of fuel, in a new car, on big fuel load, and not far off williams that have had since the beginning of the year to learn about there car!

looking good so far.

I think it will be a great car :)

Hope fully by the end of next week most of the new car problems will be sorted out so they can really put it through it passes.

Dc and Kimi will test it after Monaco
hey, that car is the best racing machine ever constructed! Kimi will show who he is and he'll beat Schumacher
I wish Montoya was in McLaren
Thats very very impressive! I think Ferrari should be very worried at this stage! That lap with a heavy fueload on the 4th day of running... very good signs! We can't be sure yet though... very early days!

ok ok!! i admit i´m a ferrari fan.. but how they know that mclaren were with 30 laps fuel and not for just 3 laps.. and 1.3 sec for a new car is damn bad... when ferrari test the GA in fiorano Schuey broke the circuit record... 1.3 sec to the willian that is 0.700 sec slower that the old mclaren.. it doesnt look very good to me!!

It's from Autosport, and their journos are generally good with their sources. And bear in mind that Ferrari own Fiorano, it was only Ferrari testing there, and the Tifosi would set fire to the nearest town if it was any slower.

we r talking to much....... let´s wait and see in race if the car have potential or not

Ferrari always break the lap record when they test they done this even in 1992 and 1993 when their cars were a pile of crap.

The mclaren would have been ready much earlier if it had not been for the regs, if u read autosport u would know that they stopped working in feb and had to start again.

The new car is based on a leyton house lol, and we know how fast that car started to go in 1990. Nearly won the french GP and was really fast in silverstone.
Obviously this years Ferrari is not a pile of crap.

However (as a Mclaren fan) I would love to see that Mclaren whip Ferrari's prancing ass again........ ah, 1998, that was the year....
ah, 1998, that was the year....

Yes. I still prefer 1988, though. This is a record Ferrari still has to beat ;)

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Jusr a note to oleg:

You see to be tired of Mp4/18 threads, if so, DO NOT READ THEM, AND DO NOT SPAM IN THEM. U wana spam, we have agreat OT section alot of people use for it

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
They still have to beat the 1988 record as well
Isn't that what I said? ;)

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
I have a note to Ellis:

merge those threads.

Everything in the past is better than today.It's true,I read it on the internet.
Sorry vader thought u said 1998 lol
merge those threads.

I am a mod, not the admin. Mergring threads is a task you need full access to the server for, i have only basic mod functions of these boards.

again, if you do not like these threads then stay out instead of spamming, nobody forced you to take part and read them

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy