Q2 not live on ITV?

Posted by rogue_pigeon 
Q2 not live on ITV?
Date: March 02, 2005 06:00PM
Posted by: rogue_pigeon
I can't see it in their schedule.

So how exactly is a qualifying system, in which the decisive session isn't even shown live (if at all), going to benefit the fans and improve the spectacle of F1?
Re: Q2 not live on ITV?
Date: March 02, 2005 06:10PM
Posted by: Race_Monkey
Its not live, and hopefully this will encourage them to change it

Date: March 02, 2005 06:43PM
Posted by: marcl
We will know the grid when they line up. There is no point showing quali 1 without showing quali 2.

Less tv coverage will have an affect on money big time
Date: March 02, 2005 07:06PM
Posted by: Muks_C
its amazing that the powers-that-be decided to make this new format, when we can all clearly see the flaw (the question Rogue_Pigeon posed).

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: March 02, 2005 08:38PM
Posted by: whutom
what was wrong with the format they had in 2003? at least that gave more coverage because you got to see the friday qualifying.
Then again in a perfect world we would go back back to the days before this yearly change of qualifying started

Date: March 02, 2005 09:54PM
Posted by: kit kat
This just doesn't make sense one of the ideas of doing single lap quali was so the smaller teams got more tv coverage!

now we are going to see 1st quali & at best see 2secs of each cars 2nd quali (hi-lights) & when we get to the u.s\Canada we will not even see any qualifying because bloody coronation street as far to important to ITV!!:-(

all these big wigs that get paid loads a money & they cant even make a qualifying that works!!!

bernie should bring back his f1 digi!! he knew how to put on a show ;) ok you had to pay for it! BUT it was almost as good as being there!

"QUIT DREAMING THIS IS REAL LIFE BABY!!!"

Amd 64 3200+ 939 skt 640kb cache,Asus A8V Deluxe Socket-939 VIA/KT800Pro,Kingston 2X 512MB DDR PC3200 400MHz(dual channel),Seagate ST3160827AS 160GB 7200rpm SATA 8MB,200gb Western digital 8mbcache 7200rpm,Radeon 9800 pro 128mb,Soundblaster Audigy2
Date: March 03, 2005 06:23AM
Posted by: G_Force
It shows how little the FIA have thought this qualifying format through when the press conference for the top three qualifiers is after the first session on saturday, when these drivers may not even be in the top three for the race, and there is no press conference fot the real top three qualifiers after the second session on sunday.

----------
[timblair.net]
----------
Homer Simpson: "Well i would like to live long enough to see the effects of global warming, cos i've got an inside line that its all a load of crap"
Date: March 03, 2005 09:52AM
Posted by: marcl
is anyone gonna bother getting up for quali1?

I might just to see the cars but not sure yet
Date: March 03, 2005 09:58AM
Posted by: Priddo
I would if i was in England, im dying waiting for fridays coverage here, let alone having to wait to QF1.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy