A1 RING

Posted by kit-kat 
A1 RING
Date: May 16, 2003 12:02PM
Posted by: kit-kat

It's sad that this will be the last race at this track as i think this circuit gives a good race apart from the last 2 years with Ferrari 1 & 2 but that's not the tracks fault when those cars are on a different level from the rest of the field!!

with it's long straights & tight corners makes over taken more easier then most tracks, another track we are going to lose out to fag money just like spa:(

If they want to drop circuits to make room for new tracks i would like to see tracks like

Barcelona
(ok we were lucky to have a good race this year only cos of a alonso)
Hungary
France

well that's the ones i don't like BUT that's my opinion before you start saying am i mad in saying France ect!!

bet this weekend we will see some close racing with plenty of overtaken due to the nature of this track don't think the Ferrari's will walk it like previous years! even tho i like shumi i like to see him having to work hard for a win!!! last year he was in a different race from the others:(
Re: A1 RING
Date: May 16, 2003 12:05PM
Posted by: Pooky
definately should get rid of hungary and magny cours before A1 ring.

Date: May 16, 2003 12:36PM
Posted by: kit-kat
POWERHORSE

like your SIG "WORK THAT ASS BICTH";)
Date: May 16, 2003 01:38PM
Posted by: marcl
Why is it sad to get rid of austria, the circuit is boring it offers nothing really.

it take 1 min 8 to go round it.

I will not miss it at all. I would not miss france or hungry either
Date: May 16, 2003 03:56PM
Posted by: -qwerty-
It has a kind of charm to it.....besides, JV is bloody good on it, so I'm happy if it stays. The high altitude is another challenge for the engine manufacturers to tackle. I like it. Admitedly its perhaps too short, and not hugely challenging, but hey. Who says all tracks need be?

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: May 16, 2003 04:02PM
Posted by: matthewp
DC won in 2001 by the way :)

Date: May 16, 2003 06:01PM
Posted by: ArexonsF1
A1 must stay!!!!!!!!!!!!! without spa, this circuit has the best scenery! We will lose this magnificent hills only because of marlboro........
Date: May 16, 2003 06:21PM
Posted by: Zcott
I read today an article saying that F1 might not be leaving Austria, if Bernie gets his way and has 20 races next year. He hinted at it today, apparently.

Date: May 17, 2003 02:15AM
Posted by: Montoya
Why the f**k are they getting 'rid of it? This year, the track looks better than it ever has done. All I can say is, I hope someone is going to make this very much changed track for GP3 2000, so I can have fun on the new concrete run-off areas!!!!!

Date: May 17, 2003 03:56AM
Posted by: Pooky
cheers kitkat. she is working it 24/7!!!!!

i doubt even bernie can persuade the teams to compete in 20 races a year but i would love that to happen.

Date: May 17, 2003 04:29AM
Posted by: marcl
I think they sould get rid of the extra run off at the last corner and the 1st one its giving them far to much space and if it rains them advertising things are gonna cause a big problem
Date: May 17, 2003 07:26AM
Posted by: Zcott
I still think the circuit is pretty bad. If it was twice as long and had more fast corners, then it would be considerably more interesting!

Date: May 17, 2003 11:37AM
Posted by: senninho
i have a better idea...

instead of dropping Barcelona, Magny Cours or the A1 ring, how about:

Spain: Montjuich Park - One of the best street circuits ever.

France: Paul Ricard - 'Nuff said
or Dijon-Prenois: Remember Villeneuve and Arnoux?

Austria: Bring back the Osterreichring!!! :P

Date: May 17, 2003 03:32PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
hungary rocks, keep it

Date: May 17, 2003 03:33PM
Posted by: daveb
dijon yeehh!!

Date: May 17, 2003 05:56PM
Posted by: Orpheus
i like austria but i cant keep thinking that this circuit needs a corner like eau rouge to make it a permanent fixture on the calender.

i like the idea of 20 races too :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: May 17, 2003 07:34PM
Posted by: G_Force
Yeah Austria has the natural elevation changes, just that they've totally wasted the chance to use them in a brilliant corner or two.

----------
[timblair.net]
----------
Homer Simpson: "Well i would like to live long enough to see the effects of global warming, cos i've got an inside line that its all a load of crap"
Date: May 18, 2003 12:18PM
Posted by: bigears
Senninho: It is not possilbe to bring back the old Osterreichring as the fast corner has been built over and some of the old circuit is currently used with the A1 Ring circuit.

Dijon and Paul Ricard still can make a comeback as they have been improved a lot especially the Paul Ricard circuit.

THe Montjuich Park is also not possible because some of the old Olympics facilities have been built over some of the circuit like the paddock and the pitlane so therefore it is too cramped for F1.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did your birth certificate come with an apology letter from Durex?
Date: May 18, 2003 02:58PM
Posted by: _Alex_
Well I think the A1-Ring is an absolutely fabulous track. Unfortunately though, this particular quality is generally what the FIA are seeking in the circuits that they give the chop!

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: May 18, 2003 03:09PM
Posted by: Vader
Agreed.

Club me to death, but after driving Barcelona a lot in Gp4, I even like this track. Especially the middle section - were Kimi went off in qualifying - is fun to drive. I don't even mind Hungaroring. The only track I really don't like is Sepang.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy