Should BMW get rid of Mario Theissen?

Posted by rocker 
Date: February 01, 2005 11:40PM
Posted by: rocker
I know that last Williams car was crap, but did you noticed that since Gerard Berger lived BMW they started to fall?
Also he is always fighting for power against Frank and Patrick?

Just a thought, what do you think?

--------------------------------------------
Rocker
Re: Should BMW get rid of Mario Theissen?
Date: February 01, 2005 11:43PM
Posted by: Team CLR
I'm not sure if getting rid of Mario Theissen as well will help them (unless you're talking about brining back Berger in Theissen's place)
Date: February 01, 2005 11:55PM
Posted by: six degrees
in response to the thread title: no. why the bloody hell should they? the guy's an incredibly talented bloke...
Date: February 02, 2005 12:02AM
Posted by: genesis
Um, no way!
Date: February 02, 2005 12:03AM
Posted by: Red Sam
Theissen has always been there while BMW are in F1, and Gehard was a Sporting Director ie nothing to do with the engines!

From what i can tell, its predominantly the chassis that has let the engine down, not the other way around.....

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: February 02, 2005 12:35AM
Posted by: DaveEllis

He has helped create one of the most powerfull, yet reliable engines in F1, and in a short time. Have you been smoking something? And can i have some?

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: February 02, 2005 01:10AM
Posted by: rapid_f1
since Gerard Berger lived BMW

how'd he manage to do that?

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Date: February 02, 2005 01:30AM
Posted by: Imran
I don thtink BMW will be the most power engine this season... they had to scrap development of theP85 because the engine rules were delivered so late, and therefore have to use and evolution of the p84, Thiessen reckons it will be less powerful than last years engine and untill the end of the season.
Date: February 02, 2005 02:10PM
Posted by: mikef1
Even if you were smoking the best sensi i can't see how you've come to this conclusion. Mario Theissen has been instrumental into making the BMW the second best engine during the last few seasons, it's not just powerful but reliable too.
Date: February 03, 2005 01:03AM
Posted by: genesis
Not really Mike, it's usually one but not the other, or both and pretty mediocre. It was awesome in 2001 and in parts in 2003 but that's because they pushed it so hard that it blew all the time. Once they find a balance it's not all that, although 2005 might address that.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy