The state of F1 # 403 :the drivers

Posted by Sauber89 
The state of F1 # 403 :the drivers
Date: February 01, 2005 06:55PM
Posted by: Sauber89
it looks as if Narain Karthikeyan has bought his way into F1 and good luck to him but something about this just isnt right in the championship he raced in last year he was beaten by my personal favourite driver Heikki Kovalainen .I couldn't understand why no one wanted him in formula one after the race of champions victory then i saw this pic [images.f1racing.net] and i guess he's being stoped by a certian italian team boss hope he makes it though as he speaks english unlike kimi (sorry 4 the rant )

Re: The state of F1 # 403 :the drivers
Date: February 01, 2005 07:11PM
Posted by: chet
ive watched Narain Karthikeyan for a while and me being indian would love him to be in f1, hes good, very good, but as you sed Heikki Kovalainen is soooo much better, and IMO so is Lewis Hamilton and Alex Prement, but there you go........

Heikki Kovalainen should be racing, i feel sory for him that Flavio is blocking him :(, i mean its kinda selfish, but thats f1

well good luck to whoever will drive the Minardis or Jordans.

edit - if i were Alonso, i would keep an eye on Heikki Kovalainen, i mean a couple of slips from him would mean...........another Trulli saga.

Giancarlo is worth too much to replace with Heikki Kovalainen, IMO Giancarlo will slaughter Alonso this season ;) well i hope so :D

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2005 07:13PM by chet.
Date: February 01, 2005 07:30PM
Posted by: andrew_S
Its funny how kovalinen has all of a sudden become flavor of the month since he won a rather meaningless event, but generally i agree he should be in F1, the fact that karthikeyan got in before him, well thats life, you could say the same about albers getting in ahead of paffett from DTM, or... or... etc

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005
Date: February 02, 2005 01:22AM
Posted by: Jithendra
Every thing is fare in love and war & F1... thats how it looks.

What ever happens our future in world motorsports depends on Narain.

Date: February 02, 2005 02:05AM
Posted by: Red Sam
What ever happens our future in world motorsports depends on Narain.

Not too much pressure on the poor lad then?;)

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: February 02, 2005 06:12AM
Posted by: Guimengo
I wonder how many races he will manage to finish lap 1 ;)
Date: February 02, 2005 12:38PM
Posted by: Rubidius
Chanoch Nissany signed for Minardi as a test driver ... first Israeli in F1, I think ...
Date: February 02, 2005 05:21PM
Posted by: marcl
he won the nissen series in his 1st year with a brand new team. He is a very good driver that should be in F1
Date: February 02, 2005 08:57PM
Posted by: ILE_FIN
marcl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> he won the nissen series in his 1st year with a
> brand new team. He is a very good driver that
> should be in F1

And he is only 41 years old... lol!

---
Date: February 02, 2005 09:06PM
Posted by: marcl
was talking about kovalinen
Date: February 02, 2005 09:21PM
Posted by: ILE_FIN
sry... I thought you answered to Rubidius... lol!

---
Date: February 02, 2005 10:24PM
Posted by: Team CLR
Kovalainen will make it, the best always rise to the surface.
Date: February 02, 2005 10:43PM
Posted by: Eugenio Faria
marcl Escrito:
-------------------------------------------------------
> he won the nissen series in his 1st year with a
> brand new team. He is a very good driver that
> should be in F1

Are you talking about Kovalainen??
He won the world series by NISSAN in his 2nd year.
With a new team? well only if you mean about the name,because Pons racing the team where Heikki was last year,had almost the same "personnel" from the 2003 Gabord team that was champion in the last two years.
Date: February 03, 2005 01:37PM
Posted by: Ali
Giancarlo will slaughter Alonso this season...

Difficult to see that I think...
Perhaps the other way around...again. Alonso is in his best (remember Villeneuve veeeeeeery far from him and Trulli in spite the first races of the year 2004, but when the car started to lose pace infront of rivales, Alonso was clearly superior) and still improving and Giancarlo is a "worker", but he is not that racer of Jordan times (97 i mean) and is at the last "part" of his career.

I think there are more interesting duels:

Montoya-Raikkonen?

Trulli-Ralf Schumacher? (Ralf seems is having some problems during the firsts tests with the new Toyota...)
Date: February 03, 2005 06:46PM
Posted by: chet
last part of his career??

u watch f1 do you?? then u shud knw he is just begining his career! he is improving every race.

well lets not say who will be better (coz we all knw its GF ;)), lets wait till melbourne, or till the champ results ;-)

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: February 03, 2005 07:14PM
Posted by: Echo1
Giancarlo was never a stunning driver and I'll doubt he'll disprove my opinion on him this season, either.
Date: February 04, 2005 08:08AM
Fisichella will not "explote" now, with 32 years, in his tenth f1 championship.
Alonso is clearly superior right now in ambition and talent.

It is weird anyway, that people do not like Alonso and prefer Raikkonen generally (for what you can read in the forum). Independently of my preferences, I would not say that a driver is a bad one only because i don't like...
Date: February 05, 2005 02:17AM
Posted by: Khalid
albers moving in before paffet????? sorry.....this is how i see it

albers was great in dtm in his first season on better wheels he became second in the championship...with the most victories on his name...mclaren should have let him get some test at least there.....
in his second year (with good car) he started good became leader of the championship.....then the cars of audi got allot better

he should have been in f1 earlier.....very consistent driver doesn't make mistakes (had the least damage on his car during 2003 season)...@ paffet wasn't even born when albers was almost handed out the championship!!!!!!!!

got some test abut didn't get the opportunity in 2004 or 2003

so if he does it with money....you have to show something if you are to drive for stoddard nowaday's......there should not be a problem

he will prove to be a good "race" driver in 2005
respond to me after melbourne when im wrong....he is no YOUNG if you know what i mean
Date: February 09, 2005 09:10AM
Posted by: Guimengo
Testing (BAR)

14. Anthony Davidson
Date: February 09, 2005 09:17AM
I love these pre-season tests, they create a lot of doubts about performance, but some trends can be seen anyway...

BAR is definitely not in great shape by now
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy