9 years today

Posted by sasjag 
Re: 9 years today
Date: May 05, 2003 05:49AM
Posted by: genesis
In saying that next year will ironically be the year where people most do that chris...

Visit my website [www.mrears.com]
Date: May 05, 2003 08:45AM
Posted by: Vader
The celebration of birthdays is nothing more than the reduction of historical awareness to the random subjective world perception of the postmodern paradigm.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: May 05, 2003 09:25AM
Posted by: sasjag
:|

yes

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: May 05, 2003 07:00PM
Posted by: Guimengo
Hi everybody, my name is Guilherme (call me Guil or Guimengo), and I just got my login to this forum, so this is my first time here.

Just want to tell bigears that Ayrton Senna actually died on the track, but if the race directors had released the news, than the race would have been stopped, and he would have been declared the winner, according to the rules back then.

If that was to happen, it would have been the first time in F1 history, and in the 70's a pilot who I can't remember the name ended up winning the championship even though he died a couple of races before.

So, Senna had his death declared to have happened at the hospital to avoid having the podium with a missing pilot for the first time in F1 history, and not to lose money on the race at the time.

Just wanted to let everyone know that, and you all can trust me, because I'm Brazilian and I follow F1 for a long time, even though I just turned 18.
See ya!
Date: May 05, 2003 08:03PM
Posted by: Ellis
'm wth Vader on this, we don;t need to know why it happened

Yes we do. If we know exactly wqhy it happened we can do our best to stop it happening agaim

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: May 06, 2003 06:23AM
We cannot prevent these things from happening. The manufacturers can, but even if they know the truth they won't tell us. For us it is useless to speculate. This is why sasjag said "we don't need to know what has happened".

Olá Guimengo!
The driver who won the championship posthumously was the Austrian* Jochen Rindt in 1970.

_________
* hi Mika ;)

Post Edited (05-06-03 13:24)

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: May 06, 2003 06:30AM
Posted by: andrew_S
he was alive, the life support machine was turned off a few hours later, so hes still alive till that piont, but i dont get this statement at all, and what relevent jochen had in this?

So, Senna had his death declared to have happened at the hospital to avoid having the podium with a missing pilot for the first time in F1 history, and not to lose money on the race at the time.

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005
Date: May 06, 2003 08:42AM
yeah he didn't die till sommet like 6pm IIRC :|

and like Vader sez, we don't need to know, and i doubt anyone does know

if the manufacturers (williams, FIA, Renault etc) know why it happened (which i doubt they do), then why do we need to know? they have obvioulsy changed the safety guidlines to prevent something like this happeneing again

and IMO if it wasn't for the stupid laws in Italy we wouldn't be arguing this point

Sim

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: May 06, 2003 09:13AM
Posted by: Doug
That was a f*ck awful weekend wasn't it? First Rubens brakes his nose, then Roland dies, then Lehto and Lamy's car explode in all directions following Lamy ramming him, injuring several spectators (I remember reading somewhere it actually *killed* one of the spectators) then Senna crashes, then they start again and a wheel comes off Alboreto's car in the pits and the Minardi ploughs into several Ferrari and Lotus mechanics, and then Senna is pronounced dead. Did anything nice happen in that weekend at all!?!

Christ though, nearly a decade, just doesn't seem that long ago...

Roland was effectively killed instantly. Once he was airlifted to hospital, it took the doctors about 2 minutes to pronounce him dead. :(

Date: May 06, 2003 09:21AM
Posted by: bigears
Just want to tell bigears that Ayrton Senna actually died on the track, but if the race directors had released the news, than the race would have been stopped, and he would have been declared the winner, according to the rules back then.

But Sim's right, he died later on at 6pm. Anyway don't want to blow this out into a mess.

But if that happened with the race being stopped then it will be a very difficult situation for the FIA with declaring a dead driver as a winner of the GP. Plus think about the podium events as well too.

Is there any footage or photos of the podium events after the GP?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did your birth certificate come with an apology letter from Durex?
Date: May 06, 2003 11:59AM
Posted by: Bruno_dc
There's one thing I never believed in the whole story they told the fans. I think Senna had already died before he was airlifted to the hospital. Did any of you see the huge puddle of blood next to his car? Although nobody who knows the truth will ever admit it, I think they just 'kept him alive' just to let the race go on. It's possible to wire some machines on someone who's already brain dead, and say he's alive for a few more hours. And I think that's just what they did. They already knew Senna had died on the track, but decided to delay the news for obvious reasons. There's way too much money involved to let the death of one person cancel a race. We always knew that.
Date: May 06, 2003 02:49PM
I tend to agree with that theory. Why? Because all we have are official statements telling as Senna was pronounced dead at 6 pm next day. We all know that the first lesson in life we have to learn is to mistrust official statements of all sorts, especially if we know big money is involved. In other words, even if they tell me he died later, this does not prov eanything. They even told me Iraq had weapons of mass destruction and where those now?

I am no doctor, from all what I know about human anatomy - and from what I remember about the crash - my first thought was "That's it. He is dead". I was talking about it to a friend the other day who studies biology. He agreed that nobody would survive these injuries. It is really very likely that he was dead before being airlifted - because of piety or because of profit, as I said we will never know. And we don't need to.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: May 07, 2003 06:37AM
I have to agree with Dave here, although dragging up the past is never a good thing to see or hear, if it helps us work out exactly what caused his death then we can make sure that the percentage of it happening again is almost zero. I'd rather drag up the past then see this happen again...

Date: May 07, 2003 07:13AM
Posted by: Ellis
exactly!

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: May 07, 2003 07:29AM
Where do WE come into this? WE can do nothing. It is enough if manufactures and the FIA officials know what has happened, because they are the ones to change things. I ask you, how many times have YOU been asked to improve safety in F1 racing? So why do WE know it? I tell you, WE will never know, because they won't tell US.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: May 07, 2003 07:55AM
Weird thing happening with your caps lock key there Vader... ;-)

Obviously I didn't mean myself in particular, but I wouldn't cynically create two groups of people - the FIA / mechanics and what-have-you and then 'us'. I do believe that if there is ever true, concrete evidence to show what caused Senna's death then we will be told. Evidently the fact that this issue keeps coming up shows that what we've been told can't be concrete, but I'm sure there'll be a day.

Date: May 07, 2003 08:25AM
I think we can pretty much distinguish between us and the FIA guys, since they knowthings we do not know and they have power we don not have.

They may tell us their version about Senna death, but this must not necessarily be the truth. Maybe we all will be told what has happened, just as we will be told why Elvis died, what happend at Area 51, if the landing on the moon was a fake and if Saddam really had weapons of mass destruction. If you ask me, they will not tell us, since knowledge is power and who likes to share power?

Senna's death will always be a mystery and subject to weird speculations. This might be entertaining, but it will lead us nowhere, so why bothering?

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: May 07, 2003 11:39AM
I don't find the intrigue and the speculation entertaining that's the point, I don't think any of us do. It's more frustration that its clouding water which could be crystal clear without some stupid conspiracy theories.

Date: May 07, 2003 02:42PM
Posted by: andrew_S
Christ though, nearly a decade, just doesn't seem that long ago...

tell me about it..... its something that doesnt click its like the wires are crossed and i cant uncross them, its absolutly uncomprehendable..... 9 years...... wow

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005
Date: May 08, 2003 08:26AM
would also like to point out it's 21years today Gilles Villeneuve died, RIP :(

Sim

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy