Schumacher in trouble?

Posted by mikef1 
Schumacher in trouble?
Date: January 21, 2005 07:50PM
Posted by: mikef1
According to F1Live:
"The week was particularly difficult for Ralf Schumacher. The German finished at the bottom of the time sheets on all of the four days." I think that the new Toyota isn't going to be the car they hoped would take them nearer the sharp end of the grid. I know this is just testing but the new Sauber was pretty quick straight away and they've had quite a bit of time to tune it to the circuit.
Re: Schumacher in trouble?
Date: January 21, 2005 08:05PM
Posted by: chet
lol!

the c24 has been quick! and so has the 007. well this controdicts wat ive previously sed, but look at their cars then the TF ;-)

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: January 21, 2005 08:18PM
Posted by: Red Sam
I cant help but feel that Toyota also have a very weak driver line up :(

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: January 21, 2005 08:20PM
Posted by: mikef1
Yeah then if they don't improve this season talk is that Toyota will pull the plug on the whole F1 project. I am suprised that someone of Mike Gascoynes talent has not achieved more with the team, especially considering his estimated sallary of $8,085,599 (according to F1racing mag). Personaly i think that maybe Toyota should stick to making engines where they excell.
Date: January 21, 2005 08:44PM
Posted by: Simo
Yes, it seems like every year they come up with a more than decent engine, but the car just isn't there. 2 years ago it looked like they finally got their act together but last year was pathetic for their budget.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Date: January 21, 2005 08:51PM
Posted by: andrew_S
give them... and there new designer time, toyota wont pull out, there comitment to rallying, and prototypes has been fantastic over the years

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005
Date: January 21, 2005 09:07PM
Posted by: -qwerty-
Surely they've just spent too much to let it go. They could significantly cuit the budget and still be as well off as BAR. I mena, paying a designer 8 million? who's stupid idea was that? They spend money like its going out of fashion, and tbh I've never seen that work in F1

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: January 21, 2005 09:13PM
Posted by: Red Sam
I have confidence in Gascoyne to do a good job, but not in Ralf and jarno to make the best of what they are given :(

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: January 21, 2005 10:16PM
Posted by: iCeMaN pAuL
I really don't understand Toyota. They have a fairly decent budget, some fairly decent people, just like BAR, but unlike BAR, they're incapable (spelling?) of designing a good car. The driver line-up this year I believe is the best they've ever had, I just hope for their sake Toyota have built a good car.

One thing I've also noticed about Toyota, is that whenever they have a problem with one of the people they work with, they fire them instead of trying to work through the problem like every other team. With an attitude like that, they'll never get to the top IMO.

[en-gb.facebook.com]
Date: January 21, 2005 10:20PM
Posted by: Vader
It's only going to be Toyota's 4th season. Where have BAR been after their 3rd season in 2001? Give them time.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: January 21, 2005 10:48PM
Posted by: Giancarlo Minardi
It took BAR 5 years to get to the top of their game. Money's not everything - time to gel and learn is. However Toyota need to be aiming for the top 5 constructors now - not the top 8...
Date: January 21, 2005 11:09PM
Posted by: harjinator
they'll be embarrased if Jordan beat them, whihc I suspect they may do at some time this season...

Team Japan Owner - GPGNC
Date: January 21, 2005 11:44PM
Posted by: vesuvius
I don't think Toyota has been that slow only 1-2 seconds than the best 2004 cars and so have Bar and Sauber .
Date: January 22, 2005 02:33AM
Posted by: genesis
lol Jordan won't be beating Toyota this year!
Date: January 22, 2005 08:56AM
Posted by: ILE_FIN
Toyota looks too ugly to go fast! lol! ;-)

---
Date: January 22, 2005 10:26AM
Posted by: marcl
RS is the only driver having probs maybe thats cause of the new regs and it means that the cars are not easy to drive and u need skill to drive them something he lacks
Date: January 22, 2005 01:02PM
Posted by: chet
like BAR toyota shud have been quick faster..

BAR shud have been good by 2001 with the men and budget they had, it was only poor managment and organisation that stoped them. Now with DR (or well when they had DR) he restructured, and Geoffry restructured design team.

give them time, but expectations will always b too high for them

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: January 22, 2005 03:04PM
Posted by: matthewp
They have a fairly decent budget

fairly decent!? they have an enourmous budget!

Date: January 22, 2005 03:41PM
Posted by: anze89
toyota just dosn't know how to do the job. They fired some good people for no reason, they fired M. Salo (he did his job well), instead of that they should change some lead people and replace them with people who have expiriance in F1

Date: January 22, 2005 04:00PM
Posted by: 97kirkc
I think some people r confused abot how much money they put into F1...they have a bigger budget than Ferrari.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy