Who shouldn't be in the Formula 1 season 2003?

Posted by dreams come trulli 
Re: Who shouldn't be in the Formula 1 season 2003?
Date: April 26, 2003 05:33PM
Posted by: jginete
bad drivers, huh? ok. let's start by firman. he is CRAP, altough he just cleaned trulli in sepang...
i'm afraid da matta is the new pizzonia.
jos is a silly old man.
wilson is well, just needs to drive.
DC is crap. rfemember that a portuguese young driver, named Pedro Lamy, was to DC as webber is to, pizzonia, in f3000 a long time ago...

Date: April 26, 2003 06:12PM
Posted by: marcl
DC is not crap agree that he is not a world champ and kimi will beat him but he is as good as rubens.

Da matta is doing well considering the milage he is getting to learn the circuits.

Firman also needs more miles he done well in the resent silverstone test.

Pedro Lamy? he promised much like magneson and deleivered nothing, and went off the road more times than he finished and was the only driver to hit lehto at imola.

Lehto was another driver that failed to deliver the move to benetton was prob the biggest mistake he ever made due to the MS team mate rule
Date: April 26, 2003 07:30PM
Posted by: bazza
haha, DaMata is the new Pizzonia

What was Pizzonia then?

They're both new

DC is not crap. He's better than you

Jos isn't old, if he was too old he would not have a drive, he just isn't very consistent (replace consistent with any suitable word, ie good)

Firman, ye well, he hasn't proved anything, looks pretty shite, in my opinion. Would make a good James Bond, if he can act, can he?

Wilson, he's a tall goon, like myself.

Lamy, what the fcuk happened to him?

If I had the money I'd go for a Minardi drive!

As long as it's as easy as GP3/4

Baz

Date: April 27, 2003 05:39AM
Posted by: Doug
The problem with the 94 Benneton was that it revolved around Schumacher, JJ and Jos had no chance. The fact that both drivers failed to live up to Michael's performance in the car I would say indicates more to do with the situation rather than the drivers, since JJ wasn't exactly shite either.
Then of course the following year Jos took the Simtek and qualified high up the grid (for a Simtek) on most occasions and gave Berger's Ferrari a big run for its money in Argentina. I'm fairly sure Jos would have scored points in the Simtek, but the car was too unreliable. Then of course they ran out of money....ho well.
Yes Jos is also inconsistent, but he can make a great drive when everything falls into place. Yes he always used to spin off, but I think he's improved since then. He was very good off the line in almost every of the last 7 or so race of 2001, usually reaching midfield from the near back of the grid by the first corner.
Just unfortunately I don't think, unless they make big adjustments, this year's Minardi will take either him or Wilson very far.

Personally I not so sure about Pizzonia.
Especially after that first corner incident at Malaysia...
Date: April 27, 2003 05:53AM
Posted by: X_Acto
Lamy is in the V8 STAR champinship.
Date: April 27, 2003 06:01AM
Posted by: Schumi5
Thank god Eddie Irvine isn't in this year because the only ability he has is how to talk ****.

when he had a chance to win the 1999 world championship he goes and qualifies the car in 5th.

Did expect M. Schumacher to win him another race, as he did in Malaysia and as M. Salo did in Germany.

Hip Hip Horray Irvy is gone.

Glory Glory Man United
Date: April 27, 2003 06:11AM
Posted by: Ellis
jos's world of gravel - that was in f1 racing years ago

ITs on alphaf1 now :P

DC is not crap, but of course, ebing at the top consistantly means ur crap. Love to see your attempts.

when he had a chance to win the 1999 world championship he goes and qualifies the car in 5th.

Do note that right up until silverstone Eddie wasnt allowed to win races. He always had to get his ass out the way, or stay behind michael So i think going from where he was, to almost winning the championship, in about half a season, is pretty dam good, dont you?

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: April 27, 2003 06:39AM
Posted by: Schumi5

Do note that right up until silverstone Eddie wasnt allowed to win races. He always had to get his ass out the way, or stay behind michael So i think going from where he was, to almost winning the championship, in about half a season, is pretty dam good, dont you?

yeah because who is the better driver.

irvine had the chance to win it in the end but he was not good enough to do it

Glory Glory Man United
Date: April 27, 2003 08:11AM
Posted by: Ellis
yeah because who is the better driver.
irvine had the chance to win it in the end but he was not good enough to do it/i]

you arent making sense. Eddie had just half a season to win the title, and just missed.

In 1997, and 1998, Michael had the whole season to the win the title, and just missed.

Who is the better driver is not important, fact is Eddie done what michael did in less time. Yes he had a better car than the season before, but Eddie done it in very little time

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: April 27, 2003 11:52AM
If Eddie had not given way to MS in France 1999 then he prob would have been world champ, MS would have given way to Eddie in Japan and he would have won.

But did he deserve it NO!

Solo let him win in Germany
MS let him win in Sepang

So at the end of the day the right man won in 1999 Mika
Date: April 27, 2003 12:23PM
Posted by: JPMontoya
I think Jos is one of F1 bests driver. He beats almost every teammate last years and wasn't it Jos keeping, with a bad Asiatech Arrows, Mika Hakkinen behind in Sepang. He can push a bad car into points, like in Austria 2001. This year it's a hard job with the bad Minardi, but put Jos in a Ferrari and he is as quick as (his friend) Schumacher. (when they cart against each other he is also as quick as MS)
Date: April 27, 2003 12:39PM
Jos has no chance in the minardi their car is really bad
Date: April 27, 2003 01:28PM
Posted by: JPMontoya
Do you think they will buy a complete chassis for next year?
Date: April 27, 2003 01:42PM
I do not think they will even be around next year or even complete this year. They were meant to be making a step forward I think they have gone backwards they were so far off the pace at Imola
Date: April 27, 2003 01:49PM
Posted by: _Alex_
you arent making sense. Eddie had just half a season to win the title, and just missed... In 1997, and 1998, Michael had the whole season to the win the title, and just missed

LOL, these are such ridiculous grounds on which to make your judgement. The circumstances were completely different.

He always had to get his ass out the way, or stay behind michael

Yes... if I remember correctly, Irvine wasn't exactly sitting on Michael's gearbox each GP, happily keeping pace, was he?

In 1999, the average qualifying differential between Schumacher and Irvine was 0.871s. That's a lot.

Only once was Irvine in a potential position to pass, and that was in France, when Michael's gearbox was screwing up big time towards the end of the race, and for the last couple of laps, Irvine was told to stay put.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: April 27, 2003 02:19PM
I have to agree with Alex, eddie not once drove as fast as MS in a race.

Even in sepang MS drove so slow and eddie still only won that race. MS could have won it by miles
Date: April 27, 2003 04:10PM
Posted by: jginete
1st: i wanted to say "da matta is the new zanardi". sorry
2nd: lamy is a great driver but he drove a lotus and a minardi. BTW: what did coulthard deliver B4 senna's dead???
besides, burti was the only one to hit schumi in hockeneim and he became a ferrari test driver!!!

Date: April 27, 2003 04:48PM
DC was the williams tester and he won races in F3000 and drove in La Mans.

Lamy was beaten by all his team mates and spun off most of the time. For all we know it could have been his fault for Senna death if they find it was reckage from his car after he hit Lehto. The entire field missed lehtos car but not lamy he drove into it.
Date: April 27, 2003 05:33PM
Posted by: X_Acto
I think that talk about Senna's death is Lamy fault is CRAP!

By that point of view, Ricardo Paletti dies because of is own fault. He can't avoid Pironi's Ferrari.

I think that's not right, sorry!
Date: April 27, 2003 05:39PM
I did not say it was lamy's fault all i said was that they do not know if iwas was debris from that crash did not damage his car.

I was just reacting to a coment that jginete made about Burti and how great Lamy is but he claims DC is crap.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy