Even more bad news (Schuey's mom)

Posted by Morbid 
Re: Even more bad news (Schuey's mom)
Date: April 22, 2003 02:29PM
Posted by: Ellis
meningitis is a rpetty horrible illness. My brother has it and he has a deformed leg and fingure. It does kill most of the time

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: April 22, 2003 02:41PM
Posted by: daveb
as i said, things often happen in 3's

Date: April 22, 2003 02:51PM
Posted by: Vader
Meningitis is also known as "brain fever". It is a viral inflammation of the so called meningeal, a sort of membrane that is covering the brain. The older you are, the more harm it does. For a 30 year old it can be deadly or lead to lots of of successing problems; imbecility being only one of them.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: April 22, 2003 03:11PM
Posted by: _Alex_
Prof. Sid Watkins had pleaded with Senna for him not to race at Imola. But he clearly wanted to. Racing was "in his blood", after all.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: April 22, 2003 04:02PM
Posted by: Ellis
The older you are, the more harm it does

within reason. If you are a baby, like my brother does, it has a high chance of death. Its after a few months that it is less of a threat, until you start getting older like you said

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: April 22, 2003 04:23PM
You are right, though it is weird with babies. Some things that would kill a bull have no effect on babies, whereas other "harmless" things can kill.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: April 22, 2003 04:39PM
Posted by: Zcott
Yes, how many babies have died of old age?

Date: April 22, 2003 05:01PM
Well, if they all suffered from progeria, I would say quite a lot.

Post Edited (04-23-03 00:28)

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: April 22, 2003 06:51PM
Well, this is true. Although progeria only affects between 1 in 4 million (estimated actual) and 1 in 8 million (reported) children.

Date: April 23, 2003 02:15AM
Where is Dr.Nick when you need him? ;)

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: April 23, 2003 03:53AM
Posted by: Dr.Nick
Im here!

Sorry to hear about your brother dave :(

Yes progeria is a very uncommon disease and bascially Progeria is a rare genetic condition characterized by an appearance of accelerated aging in children. Its name is derived from the Greek and means "prematurely old." The classic type is the Hutchinson-Gilford Progeria Syndrome which was first described in England in 1886 by Dr. Jonathan Hutchinson and again in 1886 and 1904 by Dr. Hastings Gilford (an old realtive of mine).

As scott said the classic syndrome has a reported incidence of about 1 in 8 million newborns, and the total incidence is estimated to be about 1 in 4 million.

It is another one of the M.G.D (mutated gene diseases) which we dont have a cure for (yet !)

------

Dr Nick Hartner,
O2 N-E England Communications Director,
nick_hartner@o2.co.uk

Date: April 23, 2003 04:06AM
LOL

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: April 26, 2003 05:51PM
Posted by: jginete
well,
.1 senna ran bcause , after 2nd qual, he had diner with some brazilian friends who said him to race (i heard that in "ayrton senna, a star was born".
.2 yes meningitis is terrible. here in portugal, in 2001, there was kinda epidemic here. the vacines went out of stock, in the tv we couldn't hear anythying but meningitis... btw, give a strebght word to your brother for me, ok?

Date: April 26, 2003 06:19PM
Posted by: marcl
The story i as reading about Senna was that he could not sleep on the Saturday night before the race so he went into Frank Williams room and sat and talked to him for hours
Date: April 26, 2003 07:39PM
I've just been reading a very detailed book on Senna, and in particular, Imola 1994. There were all kinds of theories, according to the author, about Senna getting in the car from the "wrong" side, putting his balaclava on nervously, or just seeming really tense and not wanting to race. But according to Damon Hill, and several other members of the Williams team at the time, Senna was in a typically focused mood.

Date: April 27, 2003 03:56AM
Posted by: daveb
i think a lot of ppl, aprticualy the authors of these books can't face that we will neva no the truth. He's dead - he's the only1 who would no and he can't tell us (well at least not in this life))

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy