Enough of the debate over the Brazilian GP!

Posted by Piranha 
Enough of the debate over the Brazilian GP!
Date: April 10, 2003 11:37PM
Posted by: Piranha
Can people please stop having massive debates over the outcome! Just acknowledge whatever decision is/will be made and let it be! I've been sitting here reading about 4 different posts on the same topic and all the conversations seem to be going around in circles!!

Personally i don't mind who wins! They both deserve it!
Re: Enough of the debate over the Brazilian GP!
Date: April 11, 2003 12:01AM
Posted by: Dizzoau
This makes the it the 5th thread about the topic.
Date: April 11, 2003 12:28AM
Posted by: Eagle
On F1.com, there's a stop press, saying that Giancarlo Fisichella may yet be named as the Brazilian GP winner.

There's an inquiry going on, the rules will be scrunitised (maybe even changed accordingly), officials will crap on for a while, eventually, hopefully, this debate will be over very soon.

Bet Eddie Jordan's getting ticked off with all this controversy. If Ferrari wins a race without team orders, big deal! When it's Jordan, holy hell happens, controversy reigns, nothing is ever that simple!
Date: April 12, 2003 01:58PM
Posted by: Marco1
Giancarlo Fisichella has rightfully won the Race, and he deserved it, I hope that kid will partner Jacques Villenueve one day at Ferrari, man, that would be the most interesting partnership!
Date: April 12, 2003 04:51PM
Posted by: andrew_S
italian driver+ferrari=disaster

hehe

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005
Date: April 12, 2003 07:49PM
Posted by: X_Acto
Yes, that reminds me Ivan Capelli in 1991
Date: April 12, 2003 08:45PM
Posted by: marcl
Ferrari destroyed that guys career
Date: April 13, 2003 02:20AM
Posted by: anze89
Capelli drove Ferrari in 1992
And how did Ferrari destroyed his career?

Date: April 13, 2003 03:53AM
because he was very tallented and did some wonderfull results with leyton house, really was the coming man, the ferrari 92 wasnt great, it was pretty poor actually, but he was still blowen away by alesi

Date: April 13, 2003 04:37AM
Posted by: Riker
andrew_S wrote:

> because he was very tallented and did some wonderfull results
> with leyton house

Huh?

10 Retirements
2 did not qualify
1 2nd (very good :))
2 7th's
1 10th

11 Retirements
1 6th
1 8th
1 17th
DNR last 2 races

(Autocourse 90-91, 91-92)

If those are "wonderful results" for Leyton House, I'd hate to see what bad results were. :)

Drunk Chicks Dig Me.
Date: April 13, 2003 04:42AM
quoting statistics are no good, he finnished second at magney cours, 90, after leading 90% of the race, he then went to silverstone, and was running second again i think before a failure, he did really well, for leyton house/march with no money, and a lot of tallent, he was at ferrari totally on merrit, and to much was expected off him, looking at your autocourse doesnt tell the full story

Post Edited (04-13-03 11:53)

Date: April 13, 2003 06:00AM
Posted by: daveb
the problem was leyton house was ****. The only decent thing was it showed the world adrian newey

Date: April 13, 2003 11:33AM
Posted by: Zcott
No, the 1990 Leyton House was pretty good. Unreliable, yes, but it was pretty fast, as that second place showed.

Date: April 13, 2003 12:45PM
Posted by: anze89
But if Capelli was so great driver, why was he in his career only 12 tiams at points? When he was at Ferrari he was 29 years old, and he was at points only 2 times

Date: April 13, 2003 12:46PM
Posted by: Zcott
He let the pressure get to him! Bad idea.

Fisichella would do fairly well at Ferrari, I think.

Date: April 13, 2003 02:21PM
But if Capelli was so great driver, why was he in his career only 12 tiams at points? When he was at Ferrari he was 29 years old, and he was at points only 2 times

we are not saying he is a great driver, but he got the ferrari seet on merrit then cocked up at ferrari

Date: April 14, 2003 04:46PM
Posted by: Dizzoau
So it wasn't Ferrari who destroyed his career, he destroyed his career?
Date: April 14, 2003 05:05PM
Posted by: stevewaller
The Leyton House was only quick on super smooth tracks like Paul Ricard and Silverstone, and apart from those races they never figured for the rest of the season. They were a **** team and Capelli was only an average driver so IMO it was Ferrari's mistake for hiring Capelli. The fact that the 1992 Ferrari was so bad does not really matter, bad car + bad driver = end of Capelli's career. The following season he failed to qualify for Jordan in Brazil and he was then sacked, say no more!!!

Cheers

Steve

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Jenson Button and BAR..........Watch them fly in 2004
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy