The Great F1 Debate

Posted by M|st 
Re: The Great F1 Debate
Date: April 12, 2003 10:37AM
Posted by: Ellis
"Ralph Firman does not have any children to his name!"

Zcott, Ralph Firman is in F1 because of his father.

Then Ralph is the kid. Ralphs father can not be his kid

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: April 12, 2003 11:30AM
Posted by: bazza
..or can he....

Date: April 12, 2003 12:27PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
*dun dun duuuuuuuunnn*

Date: April 12, 2003 01:06PM
Posted by: andrew_S
"Ralph Firman does not have any children to his name!"

Zcott, Ralph Firman is in F1 because of his father./i]

ralf firman is in F1 because hes won british Formula 3, hes won at Macau, hes won in JGTC hes won formula nippon.....

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005
Date: April 13, 2003 12:00AM
Posted by: Riker
andrew_S wrote:

> Zcott, Ralph Firman is in F1 because of his father./i]
>
> ralf firman is in F1 because hes won british Formula 3, hes
> won at Macau, hes won in JGTC hes won formula nippon.....
>

Well Andrew, winning races certainly helps, but if you ever spent some time actually racing (which it doesn't sound like you ever have), then you'd know that it can take some serious bucks to win races, Championships even more, even at the lower formulas.
So if some young kid is running a front running FF, FC, or even close wheel class to gain experience, I'll bet you that he has some backing or connections through family ties somewhere. He just couldn't be that competitive wthout it.
So i would say that X_Acto would be making an accurate statement by saying that. :)

Post Edited (04-13-03 07:03)

Drunk Chicks Dig Me.
Date: April 13, 2003 04:01AM
whats 90% of that post got to do with what you were trying to say, other than undermining my statement?

It takes money, yes, but you dont win races by having the most money, lol, i know a lot, about the lower formulae, and have been folling drivers through it for years, infact i have a mate, called jake, in the 750 motorclubs formula Vee series this year, so i DO know what im talking about, the cream always rises to the top, money or no money, i say that cause a certain guy called senna had no money, and if you have no money, and are good, you get something called sponsorship, which enables you to compete, a fundimental flaw in your post there, i would have expected you to know that seen as you seem to have done some racing, lol

Date: April 13, 2003 04:21AM
Posted by: Riker
andrew_S wrote:

> i say that cause a certain guy called senna had no money.

Huh?

Uhm...Think you might want to check your facts there Andy, before making a silly comment like that.....lol

May I suggest
"Ayrton Senna" (The hard edge of genius) by Christopher Hilton

or

"Ayrton Senna" (portrait of a champion) by Alan Henry

Think you'll find that Senna came from a VERY wealthy family.

Sponsorship.......lol.....yep. They'll just hand you a blank check, without you running several hundred races, that you had to pay for yourself......lol.

*kids*...lol*

Drunk Chicks Dig Me.
Date: April 13, 2003 04:39AM
senna came over to britain, he did a season, then had to go back because he had no money, and no sponsorship

anyway, im not prepaired to argue on an irrelevent point, esp if im a kid, lol

Post Edited (04-13-03 11:50)

Date: April 13, 2003 04:44AM
Posted by: tost
Vader for presedent!!!!!!!!!!!
i must, once a gain, agree with vader, on patriotism, or nationalism if you like...
in croatia it is like this for a long time, if your not with us your against us... if you don't cheer for croatian football teem your not croatian in full sens of the tearm...
i'm totaly against of that staitment...
i like averybody at first, but if thay fail to stay good than i do not like them anymore... like ms i liked him as a driver once, and then i so unsportmenship in his driving, so i don't like him anymore, but i don't hate no one...
and yes:

1. mclaren - thay are the moust succesfull team, in tearms of victori/race
2. i like ferrari too, but not so mutch when ms is driving it, williams i don't like, but i cheer for jpm

Senna the Man... the King... the God!
Date: April 13, 2003 06:05AM
Posted by: X_Acto
Finally, someone who agrees with me!

(Even in the Old JPS Lotus!!!!)

:)

Thanx Riker!

Post Edited (04-13-03 13:07)

-----------------------------------------------------

Date: April 15, 2003 10:27PM
Posted by: jon
Mc Laren, I was a fan of DC, so when he moved from Williams, I moved to McLaren, I like them because as a team they seem to concentrate their attention on both drivers, and have always said that where as other teams have tended to have a number 1 and number 2 driver.

Date: April 16, 2003 01:11AM
Posted by: MViper
WilliamsF1 fan since '91 when i started watching F1.. Why Williams? You ain't gonna believe :) My father had whole his life a lot of Renault's and Williams was than powered by Renault's engines.. And of course as young as i was, i was cheering for Renault, coz my paps.. And than after years i started to cheer every year more and more.. than i started to sending them mail and now we're still in contact.. first with secretery, than with some engineer guy.. and now i'm die-hard Williams fan .. :)

I don't care which driver drives the FW's.. even if Yoong would drive for Williams i would support him..

"I will drive flat out all the time. I love racing." - Gilles Villeneuve
Date: April 16, 2003 03:36AM
Posted by: MysticalCrayon
hehehehe readig some of the things about mclaren...1 in particular

"They are fair and let both drivers race."

hehe australia =P

and i dont like ron cuz he said that stuff about minardi...=[

despite this its still my fav team becuase of kimi..i always knew hed be good

Date: April 16, 2003 06:39AM
Posted by: Fisico2k3
y'know what? i have absolutely no idea why, but i stopped liking williams in 2000...i honestly dont know why...

1 McLaren - originated by a kiwi (like me!)

2 Most beautiful car on the grid...

Maybe i don't like williams cos the winfield and bmw liveries have nothing on the rothmans ones...even though i am soooo happy that not only do they have no tobacco money, but they have anti-tobacco money now...see my post in this forum
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy