The Great F1 Debate

Posted by M|st 
Re: The Great F1 Debate
Date: April 09, 2003 01:01PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
The old russian national anthem has to have been the best one ever. So stirring...its great :)

Date: April 09, 2003 02:29PM
Posted by: Zcott
The worst one is surely the British one. I've had to play it far too many times, and I can't stand it! Awful!

Date: April 09, 2003 03:06PM
Posted by: Vader
Zcott! How dare you! Because of you all further British victories at sport events are in question. You might have even caused the downfall of the Empire. Let's all sing Rule Britannia to prevent the worst.

(j/k - even if andrew_S will hate me impertinent Kraut now more than ever)

Post Edited (04-09-03 22:07)

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: April 09, 2003 04:25PM
Posted by: marcl
I do not like the german or italian one esp when MS does that stupid waving arm thing.

Maybe cause i am jewish i do not like the German one. And before u say it i have nothing against german people.
Date: April 09, 2003 04:38PM
Posted by: Piranha
Fav team : Williams

Why? JPM what a gun driver! He likes to fight it out with MS which was rarely seen in the last few years. He has cool quotes "**** happens" is an example. Williams were dominant back in the mid 90's with Damon Hill and my fav driver Jacque Villeneuve. Does anyone remember the first GP at Albert Park, where DH and JV went for it hammer and tongs until JV had an oil problem and had to concede! That was a sick race!
Date: April 10, 2003 08:39AM
JV went off the circuit and damaged his car thats why he had the oil problem.

I would love to see JV back at williams
Date: April 11, 2003 03:25AM
Posted by: Riker
Vader seems to make some valid points here.
I'm an American, and I was rather amused when Michael Andretti was told "your services are no longer required", because he was a complete f****up.
Just because he was born in the same country as me, doesn't mean I have to root for the guy.

"and not try and walk all over other peoples veiws like you usually do....."

I don't think I've ever read anything from Vader that fit the above accusation.....?

A little overly sensative there Andrew?
Date: April 11, 2003 03:30AM
Posted by: bazza
Back to the point (there is a first time for everything!):

1. McLaren

2. Basically because of DC. He is a likeable chap, from the same country as me, so I have supported him whoever he was with.

Before he was around it was Williams, with Mansell. I never liked Ferrari, dunno why originally, but now because of MS.

I did like MS for a bit, but that was blown out the water when he started his last-race-of-the-season antics, and general moaning, so now I pretty much totally dislike him.

Baz

Date: April 11, 2003 04:05AM
Thank you Commander Riker. Or should I say No.1?

Nice to see that some people really read the posts of others instead of looking for a buzzword to start a flamefest.

Warp 9.5. Engage.

Post Edited (04-11-03 11:05)

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: April 11, 2003 02:12PM
Posted by: Riker
LOL....

That name was given to me WAY before Star Trek my friend. :0)

but in keeping with this theme........

"Aye Captain. Should we try for warp 15 or 20? And see what this ship will really do?" :)
Date: April 11, 2003 02:33PM
I was reading what a few people the write about F1 and what they all said about MS.

They all near enough have said that MS is a great driver but not a great person. He will always be remembered as the guy that did not like competion from teams mates. He has cheated more than any other driver in F1 (this comment shocked me).
Date: April 11, 2003 03:02PM
"Aye Captain. Should we try for warp 15 or 20? And see what this ship will really do?"

I know in America everything is bigger and better, but warp 15 or 20 does seem a bit daring, doesn't it? ;)

Mr. Worf, you have tactics. Make it so.

Post Edited (04-11-03 22:38)

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: April 11, 2003 05:05PM
Posted by: jginete
I totally agree...
Já agora, se não levares a mal, axo k o Monteiro faria mlhor figura do k o DC ta a fazer ;-)

Date: April 11, 2003 05:16PM
Posted by: jginete
Let's just understand something!!! IF my country (in the case, Portugal) doesn't have any driver in F1 and there is a wonderful driver called Tiago Monteiro that is way better than Ralph Firman, i have to support him. But if would be german (there are 4 german drivers in F1), of course i couldn't support a driver just bcause he's from my country...
It's kinda:
- I live in a city where 40% of the population owns a Mercedes or a BMW. And i say: what a stupid people... they are spending all teir money in that cards instead of giving it to the iraquian children.
Some months later, my wife offers me a BMW (ok, very stupid). Should i keep my thinkings about that 40% of the city population?

Here in portugal, thare is an expression that translates this:

Date: April 11, 2003 05:41PM
Posted by: X_Acto
Jginete, i agree with about Tiago Monteiro is better than Ralph Firman.

But after all, i'm also Portuguese....

Ralph Firman is just little boy's daddy!...
Date: April 11, 2003 05:43PM
Ralph Firman will do ok when he has had some testing. He has had none really.

Jordan should hopefully get some sponcership now they won
Date: April 11, 2003 06:05PM
Posted by: Zcott
As far as I'm aware, X_Acto, Ralph Firman does not have any children to his name!

Date: April 12, 2003 06:35AM
"Ralph Firman does not have any children to his name!"

Zcott, Ralph Firman is in F1 because of his father.
Date: April 12, 2003 06:43AM
Posted by: bazza
You mean a little daddy's boy then X_Acto

Baz

Date: April 12, 2003 06:52AM
Yeah! Something like taht...

:)

Post Edited (04-12-03 13:53)

-----------------------------------------------------

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy