The Great F1 Debate

Posted by M|st 
Re: The Great F1 Debate
Date: April 08, 2003 06:28PM
Posted by: Vader
It might me normal for you, for me it is not. I don't even support our national football team, especially not when they play against other countries I like.

If you ask me, the world could be a hell of a lot better without flags and anthems. After all we are all the same.

If anything, I regard myself as a European, but this is due to cultural and not nationalistic / political reasons. At least we Europeans (and Americans* and Australians* as well) all share the same heritage of the Antique Europe. This is my cradle.

___
* not speaking of the Native inhabitants of America and Australia.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: April 08, 2003 10:53PM
Posted by: Trido
This is a tough one for me. As a fellow Aussie, I am obliged to go for Webber. But my heart does belong to McLaren. Or more rightly to DC. I've been a big DC fan ever since he entered the sport. So when he drove for Williams, I was a Williams fan and now that he has gone to McLaren, I like them. I think though that I will always remain a McLaren fan. They have such a wonderful history of good drivers, good team mates and good rivalries along with competetive cars. The key ingredients to a successful team.
Date: April 09, 2003 12:54AM
Posted by: X_Acto
OK, Vader!

I understand your positon and i have to agree with it.

After all the main problem is in our hearts, but as far as i can see it Europe is became more and more united...

It's just a question of time!!!
Date: April 09, 2003 01:37AM
Posted by: Boils
Fav team... not sure

probly Mclaren cause i like thier history, for me one of the best things of F1 is its history, Hakkinen and DC was great team for sooo long, and they have best colour cheme imo

I like Williams because thier drivers always fighting eachother and they often take chances with young guns like JV and JPM

Renault are becoming a bit of a fav as i also like there colours and they made best engines in the 90's
I like all the other teams on some way but those are my main favs

as for drivers i always have a few drivers to go for because they sometimes all retire and your left with no one to go for

JV his incredible debut and everything i hear him say in interviews etc i agree with, he started around the same time i started taking notice of F1
and he is canadian like my mother, oh and his history is good what with being GV's son

I lke DC because i also agree with his opinions + hes a good driver!

and webber cause hes aussie and doing well

Vader, i can understand were your coming from with the patriotism, if webber was crap i wouldnt like him but hes good and i like to see an aussie showing the world that were not the crappy country down under, thats not a problem any more but still, i like to see an aussie beating other nationalities at things.

and yes its just luck were your born and i consider myself lucky because i get great weather!!, havnt been anywhere else yet so dont take my opinion on it to seriously but i plan on going to the canadian Gp soon

Date: April 09, 2003 01:52AM
:)

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: April 09, 2003 02:24AM
Posted by: M|st
hmmm just :)

how intresting...
Date: April 09, 2003 03:06AM
Posted by: andrew_S
the aussie attitude is great, look how 100% they are behind webber, and thats fantastic, ok, maybe they go a bit far sometimes (hehe) but thats a darn site better than going to the british GP, and seeing every second person, of the 150,000 people wearing a schumacher hat or with a ferrari Flag? why you ask

just shut up vader, for a start, no offence mate, you may not be very patriotic, but some of us are, and you have to accept that, and not try and walk all over other peoples veiws like you usually do.....

Im very patriotic, ive been brought up, in a house that follows F1 and football, ive always been brought up to pationatly support my local team, and my local drivers, and in my opinion, there is nothing better, than having a british winner, or hearing the national anthem bursting through the speekers before an england game, or after a Grand prix, thats the way i feel, and thats the way aussies feel too, if some of you, brits especially, addopted that attitude, maybe we wouldnt be so bad at some sports..... you know, give everything for your country mentality, and tahts exactly where alex is going wrong, i do find it strange that some, brits, should support a german, when you had mansell, hill, herbert, brundle, blundell, coultard, button, wilson, davidson, firman to support, why should you want a german to win over a fellow countryman? does nothing make you prouder than hearing the national anthem at the end of a race? why on earth you would want to hear the german anthem, and the italien anthem, god knows, just shows lack of national pride, and sporting background imho

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005
Date: April 09, 2003 06:12AM
Posted by: sasjag
100% agree with everything Andy has sed there, there's no better feeling than seeing a briton win

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: April 09, 2003 06:18AM
Posted by: _Alex_
there's no better feeling than seeing a briton win

...except for seeing the driver who you support win.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: April 09, 2003 06:19AM
...who happens to a briton :P (or the team u support is even better)

Sim

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: April 09, 2003 06:48AM
Posted by: marcl
Alex what a shame so far this year u have only seen your driver crash or damage his car lololol
Date: April 09, 2003 06:59AM
Of course I let you be partiotic as you are. I am just trying to explain my point of view on this. If you look closely at the beginning of the thread I have been asked to do so. No matter how often you tell me to shut up, I still think that all this anthem singing and flag waving is pathetic and belongs to the dark Middle Ages. You see where it leads to at football matches. People never have the decency to accept the other nation or at least listen to their anthem. They are always booing and whistling and before you can say Jack Robinson they are at each other's throat. Without this nonsense there would be less violence - not only in football, but in general.

Btw, this does not mean I don't like my country. I like it pretty much, but I like it for the opportunities and freedom it offers to me, not because the name on the sign says "Germany". When I am on holidays in your country or somewhere else, I couldn't say I like these countries less, just because they are not my country.

It would be nice if you could give me a real reason why nothing is better for you than having a British winner. A real reason.

As for the national anthems - why would I want to hear a foreign one? Because I like music. I have always enjoyed the old Russian anthem, I like the Finnish one. I have no problem listening to it as long as it is good music.

Just imagine Germany had not changed their anthem after the first World War. You know what you would hear in that case? The same melody as the British anthem, just with a different text. Until WW I our anthems had been musically the same. Now tell me, why would you enjoy your anthem, but couldn't enjoy the German anthem even if it was the same melody?

Post Edited (04-09-03 14:05)

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: April 09, 2003 07:45AM
Posted by: Sauberfan
Hey Alex:

I'M a Sauber fan (its in my name). And the fact that they are Swiss is a good one. (I'm Swiss and French too). I like them because they are one of these little teams which make Formula one possible. So, I'm glad to say i like Minardi too (Still here after so long years without great result).

With a lot of money, or maybe with the help from Audi (VAG), they will be at the top. And they have two very fast men in the cockpit: Quick Nick and Frentzen.

Peter Sauber had found a lot of very good drivers: Michael Schumacher, HH Frentzen, Kimi Raikkonen, Felipe Massa...
Date: April 09, 2003 08:21AM
Posted by: _Alex_
Alex what a shame so far this year u have only seen your driver crash or damage his car lololol

Haha, yeah, and what a shame you have to say petty things like this to make you feel better.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: April 09, 2003 08:29AM
touché

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: April 09, 2003 09:38AM
he was only stating the truth tho Alex :|

Sim

Date: April 09, 2003 09:40AM
Come on people. This slowly turns into a witchhunt. If anybody has caused the FIA investigations it has been the protest of the Jordan team or the FIA itself who was obvioulsy not happy with the decision of the Sterwards.

Even if I think Michael Schumacher is not very sympathetic and even if I don't like his driving style and his definition of fairness, he is not to blame for all and everything. Next up you try to tell us Michael Schumacher and Saddam Hussein are the same person.

Post Edited (04-09-03 16:42)

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: April 09, 2003 10:11AM
Posted by: Ellis
Jordan didnt compalin, Eddie ~Jordan said it was the rules and he had to live with it. He knew the rules, he wasnt compaling on TV

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: April 09, 2003 10:49AM
He might not have compalined, maybe he just complained? ;)

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: April 09, 2003 11:47AM
Posted by: jginete
Well i'm a mid-ferrari fan.

but here it goes:
1- Best non-ferrari team: Mclaren. No doubt. 1st: Ayrton. 2nd: Mika. 3rd: Kimi. 4th: Adrian Newey.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy