Brazilian GP - Worthy of a Cart Race

Posted by Marco1 
Re: Brazilian GP - Worthy of a Cart Race
Date: April 07, 2003 08:27PM
Posted by: edd882
First off, I haven't read anyone else's responses to your post, but I must say I totally disagree.

I can't really judge qualifying yet because I haven't seen a session live yet, apart from on Eurosport France when I was last over there (Aussie GP).

What I can judge though is the races, and two have been rain affected. Still, Sepang was much improved too, because in all the races so far, and even Brazil if it hadn't rained, you just aren't sure what is going to happen, which is so refreshing to me I am relishing every moment of it. I don't think I could get through another season like last year.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Do you see Darrell Waltrip using up his tyres?
Date: April 07, 2003 09:42PM
Posted by: G_Force
First of all, if u hate it that much then don't watch it!, it really is that simple, sounds to me like you're a ferrari fan and you're just pissed off cos they didnt finish in brazil and havent won yet.

Second, how can you say that Webber only qualified that high cos of a light fuel load?, if his fuel was as low as you said it was he would have been on a 3 stopper, but he wasn't, he was on a two stopper with enough fuel to take him to about lap 23-25 in dry conditions. The fact is that Webber's a great driver, driving a car that was set-up perfectly for the track.
For you to say that the Jags Ford engine is crap, really shows that you're talking about something that you dont really have any idea about.

Post Edited (04-08-03 04:43)

----------
[timblair.net]
----------
Homer Simpson: "Well i would like to live long enough to see the effects of global warming, cos i've got an inside line that its all a load of crap"
Date: April 07, 2003 10:04PM
Posted by: Marco1
I am sayin that, people have not problem with this season so far because, Mclaren, have won it all..... They would have a problem with this season if Williams won all the gps either.

Its not the racing, the racing has been less then spectacular, There have been more accidents then points awarded.

Its all about the fact, that this is a British Forum, and the Brits are loving formula One because the Brits are winning it......

Well it was even Ron Denis who said, why punish the team that is winning, its our faults that we are not doing a good enough job to win!

I wonder if Ferrari had won the last three races what would be said about these new regulations if that happened?????? Just another thought!

Mark Webber is a good kid, nice talent, now jaguar is by NO MEANS a GOOD CAR, and last I heard, BMW, Ferrari, Toyota, Mercedes, all had the honors of the best engine.

And your right formula One is about having the Best Package, Teams are supposed to work in order to have the best package, are they not?,

Last I checked, Renault and Jaguar dont have the best package, and these new RULES are making the teams who do work hard suffer, A.K.A, WIlliams Ferrari, McLaren in qualifying.

You dont give opportunity to the meak, or the weak, you beat them, that is what sports is all about!,

Go back to the old qualifying format, or take out the damn fuel regualtion, so we can proudly see what these cars are truly made of!!!!!!

If a team cant afford to be in F1, they shouldnt be there, But the majority of them can afford to be there, so, work harder and achieve something instead of asking for hand outs!
Date: April 07, 2003 11:36PM
Posted by: chrislewis
these new RULES are making the teams who do work hard suffer, A.K.A, WIlliams Ferrari, McLaren in qualifying.
All the teams work hard and the people in Minardi probably have to work twice as hard to Ferrari because of the diiference in staff and money.
Also, why are Williams, Mclaren and Ferrari suffering in qualifying? Ferrari had the front row in Melbourne with Montoya right behind that, Shumacher was third in Malaysia, and Rubens was first in Brazil with Coulthard right behind him. The amount of money these drivers get paid do you think that its best that they dont have to compete for position? This is competition and this is what sport is all about.
Date: April 08, 2003 12:33AM
Posted by: Korn_Freak
Marcol you just are shitty because MS isnt winning arent you?

if you want to watch the old F1 style formats, go BUY a video of old races
or something other than say that the "lower teams" dont deserve to be
up the front just becase there not ferrari. i dont care who wins in F1 as
long as its not MS anyone else and Ill be happy. and as you can guess
I am really happy right now...

Date: April 08, 2003 12:57AM
Posted by: Boils
"he only qualifyed in that position because of a light amount of fuel"

this was taken from F1 live after qualifying

"Contrary to what some people are saying, we were not running the car light with fuel and our strategy going into the race tomorrow is two-stops
Date: April 08, 2003 04:45AM
Posted by: Vader
Its all about the fact, that this is a British Forum, and the Brits are loving formula One because the Brits are winning it..

Actually this is a German forum. The webmasters are German, I am German, etc. Still I agree with the few Brits in here.

You dont give opportunity to the meak, or the weak, you beat them, that is what sports is all about!,

yes, this is true sportsmanship, you are right. Beat the weak and destroy them. If they are not strong enough to survive they must be utterly extinct. The feeble teams have no right to be on top, only the strong, healthy ones - Why does this sound so suspicious? Replace "team" with "race" and you know why. I would say it sounds excatly like a 3rd Reich speech. No offense.

Post Edited (04-08-03 11:55)

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: April 08, 2003 05:07AM
Posted by: andrew_S
You dont give opportunity to the meak, or the weak, you beat them, that is what sports is all about

infact F1 has always been the oposite.... take jordan, or sauber, over the last 10 years as an example of that, tyrrell, to a lesser extent too, always taking it to the big teams, lets go back a few years, and a man, alesi was doing well in the tyrrell, on the street circuits because he was in a weak team but could compete on them, because power was not important, do you take out the street circuits because it allows the weak to compete? your point is totally flawd mate

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005
Date: April 08, 2003 06:40AM
Posted by: marcl
I think we would have had 3 good races even if the rules had not changed from last year.

As for someones comment that MS could have won all 3 races sorry but so could have DC and Kimi they have always been ahead of MS this year so far.

Just think Kimi could have 30 points to MS 8 lololol even Fissi in a Jordan is ahead of MS and so is Alonso.
Date: April 08, 2003 07:06AM
Posted by: DrDougal
Qualifying has probably been not what I thought it would be (drivers one shot laps pushing very hard on the limit) as they are so determined to not throw the car off the track. Perhaps the drivers should have two flying laps, just in case, one banker lap and a real flying one......

Also the new rules hardly affect the races at all, so I don't know why there is a big argument. The cars are the same, the basic rules are the same, the tracks are the same. The only difference is that teams have to decide what fuel strategy they run before qualifying. This I think does work (as we have seen so far) no-one really knows who will win.

I can't help but feel sorry for Jordan, they have had a very had time and I hope 2nd place helps them find new sponsers.
Date: April 08, 2003 07:14AM
Posted by: Vader
I think the new qualifying rules do affect the races - at least the opening part of the race until the first cars come in to pit. There is a hell of a lot more actioon and overtaking there when naturally faster cars with heavy fuel load try to make their way through the grid overtaking slower cars with less fuel. This si what has made this season so remarkable. The first few laps in Melbourne showed us more overtaking than the whole 2002 season.

If you ask me, these new rules are great, especially the refuel-ban.

As for the choice of only one wet tyre - I don't think it is so bad. The teams can decide with the tyre companies what to do. If their decision is wrong it is their problem. Anyway, the FIA has the last say on that matter as well. If they think the tyre choice is obviously wrong the FIA can still object. I don't see a problem there - I even doubt we would have seen less accidents and spins with other tyres. I think with monsoon tyres the drivers would have felt saver and thus pushed even more. In the end we would have seen a similar amount of incidents.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: April 08, 2003 08:46AM
Posted by: b-tone
If people are liking this New Formula One, then they arent Formula One fans at all!

i think formula one has gone thru many changes since 1950. i don't know alot about the early years, but things have happened thru the years which have changed f1.
the 50's were different to the 60's to the 70's etc, and f1had major changes after senna died (rule changes and the beginning of an m schumacher decade).

i think 2003 changes f1 again. this time more thought has been given to spectators, and future rule changes will hopefully move the onus away from the car, and more onto the driver (does any at the mo believe ms at his best could put a minardi on pole?).

so if a true Formula One fan wants to see one man driving 100% and winning every race, then i guess i'm not one.
i'd much rather have cars going 90% and seeing some racing and some little guys geting lucky.

in 2002 1/51 podiums wasn't a ferrari/williams/mclaren
in 2003 3/9 so far aren't one of the top 3.

in qualifying it was 0/51 in 20002 and 3/9 in 2003.

and btw, the rules are for everyone, so if fisi gets 2nd in a jordan its because he had the 2nd best car-driver-strategy-luck-team-etc combination on the day.

:)
Date: April 08, 2003 12:21PM
Posted by: Pooky
dear o, dear o dear,

some of the comments form marcol are incredibly funny.

just hasnt got a clue.

Date: April 08, 2003 03:39PM
Posted by: Ellis
dont u get it powerhorse? We like to see racing, that means we arent real f1 fans :D :P

IF not being a real F1 fan means fantastic racing, im happy :D

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: April 08, 2003 04:39PM
Posted by: marcvb
Hey Marco1...

Welcome :)

Actually I agree with most of your points!!

Personally, I think the last race was a total disaster! Many might not agree with me, but I agree with nearly all of Marco1's points!

Anyway, that's just my opinion :)

Cya

Marc
-=-=-=-=-

Date: April 09, 2003 08:26AM
Posted by: Ellis
but the new rules didnt make the race the disaster thats the point!

the weather is what caused the problems, the new rules ment we had a Jaguar up in 3rd!

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: April 09, 2003 11:23PM
Posted by: Marco1
The Last Race Disaster was Caused by the Rules Ellis, What in the world are you talking about.....
The whole premise of the Last Race was based on the incompitancy of the new rules. Accidents occured only because of the New Rules. One type of rain tyre for every team during the race weekend, is outragiously stupid, as is the fuel rule implemented for qualifying and the race.

The rules are a joke and they need to be taken back to Hell for which they came from!, They are the work of the Devil ( Sorry I just watch the Waterboy!)

Anyway, these rules have honestly caused great concern amongst the F1 community, firstly they are unsafe, secondly the new qualifying format is BORING, in a few months time, people wont even be watching qualifying anymore, and the whole concept of the Teams getting camera time, thus making more money will be down the toilet, and cause F1 to actually lose money.

Economically speaking, Socially speaking formula One has made a wrong move with these new rules, Its unbelievable no one else sees it. Everyone must be in lala land with all the Dumb commentary, and the phenomenal amount of accidents that have taken place.

Lastly I wish to apologize about one of my earlier comments, now I know when I am wrong, the comment I made earlier about "people who like the new rules are not real F1 Fans" Well that one was just said at the heat of the moment, and obviously everyone is a Formula One fan, or else there would not even be a discussion on the Rules, and so on...........

However, Formula One is falling apart in all respects, and they need some glue to hold it together, Qualifying is boring, the Races are Dangerous, hell why did they come up with this dumb tire rule anyway (Its a retorical question) why not bring back SLICK TIRES, now that would have been a treat to racing fans, these present day cars on Slicks OH MAN I AM FOAMING FROM THE MOUTH!
Date: April 09, 2003 11:36PM
Posted by: b-tone
Accidents occured only because of the New Rules

not the drivers unable to handle the conditions?

Qualifying is boring

maybe a little, but i think we'll find people are willing to put up with that for some more exciting races.
and you cant deny the fact that the last 3 races have had more excitement than most of '02.
Date: April 10, 2003 12:49AM
Posted by: Boils
There is absoloutly nothing wrong with the fuel rule, check the qualifying times, although the cars are on diferent fuel they are still extremely close in lap times meaning they are close when racing, remember Spanish GP last year, MS was like 1 sec a lap faster then everyone else U CALL THAT EXCITING??

As for the tyre rule, i would like to see them on slicks again, u have a point there but i dont think that will happen, and the 1 wet tyre rule although dangerous surely added to the spectacle, IF your an F1 driver u are driving a 600kg car at 200mph IT IS DANGEROUS!! thats what makes it exciting, if they are too scared to drive in a wet race then they shouldnt be in F1.

F1 is the ultimate in speed, skill and bravery thats why its my favourite motorsport, and with all the mayham at brazil there was nobody injured except for Alonso but that had nothing to do with the tyre rule because in those conditions at the end of the race they would have been on those exact intermediate tyres anyway, and Alonso was going to fast anyway.

The new qualifying is not as good to watch as it was b4 but it is still good to watch because u dont know who will get the fastest time or who will make a mistake.

The old system was good
The new system is fantastic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy