-------------------------------------------------------
> I'd tell Antonio to stay at home relaxing, and
> leave testing duties to Mark.
> Then when Williams fails terribly in the end of
> the year, put the blame on Mark.
>
> Now, of course I don't really mean it
>

of course, if Pizza Boy did get teh drive and did that, u could blame Pizza Boy for not putting any input in and helping the team ;)

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Re: Webber gives it to Pizzonia...
Date: December 06, 2004 01:22PM
Posted by: Guimengo
but that would be taking the spotlight from Mark, and we don't want that ;)
Date: December 06, 2004 04:05PM
Posted by: calimbo
But is truth what Pizzonia said about Jaguar. Webber had better treatment by the team at that time, cause Webber has been always over-rated and Pizzonia was just a rookie.

And the fact that Montoya did the same to ralf and viceversa, doesn't mean it should continue this year at Williams. I agree when one of you said he was at the same pace than Montoya at Spa, and if Williams is still behind Pizzonia, there should be a reason for that, and not because Williams likes the way he talks or walks or smiles....

Date: December 07, 2004 10:54AM
Posted by: Priddo
How can you tell if webber is overrated? he's never been in a car to show his skills that well.....jesus tap dancing christ people, atleast give him a few races for williams before you call him overrated......
Date: December 07, 2004 12:45PM
Posted by: Fat_Tony
What attributes of Webber are overated?
Date: December 07, 2004 12:49PM
marcl Wrote:
> Well next year we will see how good webber is, i
> personaly am not holding my breath.
>
> I have seen him drive one good race Sepang 2004
> but then him and RS crashed. Other than that he
> qualis well then slides down the grid.
>
> Lets see webber under pressure.
>
> Antonio was just as fast as JPM in the williams
> when he was racing it remember Spa he would have
> got 3rd maybe even 2nd

What driver wouldn't slide backwards in a Jaguar? The Jags are the worst car in F1 off the start line.
Date: December 07, 2004 01:01PM
Echo1 Wrote:
> Tell me again, what has Webber done in F1 to get
> all this hype? As far as I can tell he's done
> nothing at all. His best result was in a bleedin'
> Minardi! And in Brazil he took out Klien and
> blamed him for it.
>
> Whoever gets that ride will (hopefully) show
> Webber to be an average driver that he truely is.

What did Alonso do in F1 before getting a ride at a top team?

Date: December 07, 2004 01:27PM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
Other than that he qualis well then slides down the grid

Hold on a sec... Was it such a massive coincidence that on exacly the same races that Webber slid back badly, so did his teammate? There were many incidents where Webber qualified close to the front, then went flying back, everyone slated him for it on this forum even tho his teammate oh so coincidently did exacly the same thing! due to a clutch problem which jaguar never sorted!!

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam
Date: December 07, 2004 02:29PM
Posted by: Imran
but even if he did have a cluctch problem..he never made it bak to anywhere near his grid position showing that wither he cant overtake...or cant keep race pace..or both
Date: December 07, 2004 02:52PM
he was in a jaguar which kills its rear tyres and doesn't have the speed to overtake....he is in a ferrari like Michael which means you have top BHP and top aero....he's in a jag one of the worse cars on the grid for races and it isn't much better for quali, scoring points for them was a great effort. Did you want him to Win races and get podiums in a jag? you people have increadbly high standards, seriously.
Date: December 07, 2004 04:54PM
no..but the people claimng the only reason he didnt do well was because of a clutch problem are completely wrong
Date: December 07, 2004 05:42PM
Posted by: calimbo
Oh, Priddo. If Alex yoong where driving a Ferrari he would be the champion, there's no question about it. And what i meant about Webber been overrated, what about his qualifyings, ah? He was doing well, and everybody was like "Oh, he might win this one" isn't that overrate him?

Date: December 08, 2004 03:47AM
I've never seen anyone besides my brother say he might win this one (and i corrected him on it). I've seen people say he is a good driver and could do very well at a top team, but i've never seen anyone say he could win in a jag, or even get a podium!

And as for qualfying its alot easier to do because the rear tyres won't be dead for half of it :P
Date: December 08, 2004 01:03PM
Imran Wrote:
> but even if he did have a cluctch problem..he
> never made it bak to anywhere near his grid
> position showing that wither he cant overtake...or
> cant keep race pace..or both

He's in a Jaguar. Dude you know nothing about F1.
Date: December 08, 2004 01:05PM
calimbo Wrote:
> Oh, Priddo. If Alex yoong where driving a Ferrari
> he would be the champion, there's no question
> about it. And what i meant about Webber been
> overrated, what about his qualifyings, ah? He was
> doing well, and everybody was like "Oh, he might
> win this one" isn't that overrate him?

When Yoong was in a Minardi he couldn't keep the car on the track, he got wooped by his teammate and he was there because he paid for his drive not his speed.
Date: December 08, 2004 07:51PM
Fat_Tony Wrote:
> Imran Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > but even if he did have a cluctch
> problem..he
> > never made it bak to anywhere near his grid
> > position showing that wither he cant
> overtake...or
> > cant keep race pace..or both
>
>
> He's in a Jaguar. Dude you know nothing about F1.

Erm well i think i do know enough not to call someone a future world champion after just a few good qualifyings and beating complete rookie team mates.

If you look at how DC, who is solid at best, can just get in to a brand new car with a brand new team and go 6/10ths faster than Klien straight away then ud realise how easy webbers team mates have made it for him to get a good reputation

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2004 08:13PM by Imran.
Date: December 08, 2004 08:42PM
Posted by: vesuvius
Testing times aren't always telling the truth . Even De La Rosa was almost 2 seconds faster than Montoya today.I think Webber is future champion material.
Date: December 08, 2004 09:38PM
yes but if red bull have any sense..theyll put drivers on similar fuel loads and tyres when trying to decide which one to pick
Date: December 09, 2004 07:29AM
Alright Imran you really don't know alot about F1, Testing times aren't a good guide very often. He wasn't caled a WDC after a few good quali sessions either. He has had 3 solid years in slow teams and now he has a chance to show what he can do in a good car, thats all it is.
Date: December 09, 2004 01:41PM
Posted by: Atomik
I'm convinced that webber is a good driver and will do very well in the williams, but I think it's wrong that a lot of people see him as "mister nice guy". He has already proven to lash out heavilly at other drivers in the press even if they've done nothing wrong, and I dislike that.

First he'll have to prove himself in the Williams before commenting on the other drivers. It's a bit the same mistake JV made when he underestimated Button at the start of 03 (and I admit, I am a JV fan, but that was the biggest mistake of his carreer)...

"You know I couldn't go more on the inside, I was actually on the grass so ... I don't know, either Michael had his eyes closed or somehow his hands slid on the steering or something..." - Jacques Villeneuve, Jerez 1997, Post-Race Press Conference
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy