Webber gives it to Pizzonia...

Posted by Palomino 
Re: Webber gives it to Pizzonia...
Date: December 03, 2004 10:06PM
Posted by: Red Sam
Agree or not with what he said, Webber isnt being too clever saying these kind of things having only just started work for a new team IMO

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: December 03, 2004 10:25PM
Posted by: tripleM
Whatever the timing,it was important to get this issue out of the way.No way that Pizzonia will be able to hide behind the excuse should he get the seat.And if he does,i'll look forward to him being pummeled into the ground v2.0
Date: December 03, 2004 10:38PM
Posted by: Echo1
Tell me again, what has Webber done in F1 to get all this hype? As far as I can tell he's done nothing at all. His best result was in a bleedin' Minardi! And in Brazil he took out Klien and blamed him for it.

Whoever gets that ride will (hopefully) show Webber to be an average driver that he truely is.
Date: December 03, 2004 10:41PM
Posted by: tripleM
If Webber is average,then Pizzonia certainly doesn't deserve even to be there.
Date: December 03, 2004 10:48PM
Posted by: Locke Cole
I've read two different so-called "quotes" from Mark, so I would treat any reporting with a pinch of salt. No doubt some comment was made about the Jaguar relationship, but I highly doubt that Mark said those exact words - and as has been said, we need to know what the question was.

I don't trust journalists! hehe
Date: December 04, 2004 12:25AM
Posted by: spoonsey71
hello again boys and girls. and welcome to frosty formula one playhouse of fun and intrigue.
ok so did i over the dramatics a bit ?
seriouisly.. i read questions here asking what has mark webber done to prove himself that he better than this driver of that driver.. well to be honest and this is my opinion on ly.. williams have always gone for mr average when it comes to there driver with the exception of prost and senna.
each other driver in the team history as far as i can rember has never been anything special. yes there have been good drivers, hill, villneuve, mansell, piquet, jones and the list goes on.. the list there is reprasentative of the best of them.. but in reality lets look at 2 of these men.. mansell at his time with lotus was never deemed to be great but he did have a spirit to fight on no matter what was happening to the point where he even pushed his failed lotus across the line to finish the race.. todays driver would never do that.. even if they were allowed..
mark webber has shown this type of spirit which does endear to williams.
going onto damon hill.. well i know that damon tested well and showed little speed but showed great consistency and good engineering knowledge to develop a car worthy of championships.. again stuff that williams like
why pizzaboy is being considered for a drive i dont know.. maybe he is finishing his testing dutys for the remainder of his ontract i dont know..
i know williams have made mistakes in the past such as zanardi and r schumacher.. if pizzaboy does get a drive i realy hope its not a blunder as i feel it would be
cant say i rate nick heidfeld to highly but out of the current that is available then id say he the best.. and that inculdes over coulthard to (ive never forgiven him for adelaide 95(inexcusable))

There's a Kid Called hope
And He's Holding Out His Hand
He See's The Northern Light
Above This highrise Land
Oh Jungleland
Date: December 04, 2004 01:42AM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
According to F1-Live, its

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2004 01:46AM by Ianwoollam.
Date: December 04, 2004 04:47AM
Posted by: MikaHalpinen
Anyone's welcome to dig this thread up after the 2005 season, and either make me eat my words or show me how correct I am....Webber will finish in the top 3 in the WDC in 2005, I'm sure of it :)
Date: December 04, 2004 06:16AM
Posted by: Sil3nt-War
Im not sure about top 3. MS, KR, JPM, MW, RB, JB and maybe FA are all going to be up there IMO. Top three might be hard to come by but i would love to see it. I will put him in the top 6.
Date: December 04, 2004 04:29PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Williams have reprimanded Mark Webber after he called team-mate Antonio Pizzonia

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: December 04, 2004 08:29PM
Posted by: calimbo
I like Pizzonia and Heidfeld, and if Williams has defended Pizzonia as they did when he was at Jaguar is because he's talented. Montoya even defended him when Pizza was in Jaguar, even when they crashed in Malaysia 03, remember?

And again, whoever gets the second seat, kick his ash.

PD: Has anyone noticed that Webber has become the bad of the trip, when he was the heroe?

Date: December 04, 2004 08:47PM
Posted by: Guimengo
I'd tell Antonio to stay at home relaxing, and leave testing duties to Mark.
Then when Williams fails terribly in the end of the year, put the blame on Mark.

Now, of course I don't really mean it ;-)
Date: December 04, 2004 10:53PM
Posted by: shep34
In Webber's career, this may well be the first ever time he has said anything remotely "silly", that people can/will/are attacking him on. I hope it doesnt backfire on him, as having watched his racing since the early 90's back here in Australia, he sure does have talent. His time at Minardi and Jaguar have shown that, the results speak for themselves, compared to any team mate he has had. As for whoever his Williams team mate is going to be, Webber should still be the better man over the course of a season.
Date: December 05, 2004 12:53PM
Posted by: Palomino
To anyone that said Webber is average or Pizzonia is better then you must be brain dead, 2003 webber wooped him through and through. point out.

webber isnt the only one that saying controversial things, besides why the hell would you want to stop drivers making these sort of comments? its what makes F1 good, i cant stand all you losers who tell off drivers for telling someone off, your just as bad as each other.

give the drivers a break for christs sake, montoya had a go at ralf and vise versa, this happens all the time, you cant expect every driver to love each other...

[www.kraftwerk.com]
Date: December 05, 2004 01:19PM
Posted by: Priddo
OK now for my 2 cents.

1) What webber said was true, whats wrong with that? (ofcourse the lies part may not have been, but i'll give him the benefit of the doubt)

2) If the lies part was infact a lie, then pizza boy has the cahnce to show him up if he does indeed get the second drive, which will make weeber look like a dickhead (i doubt that very much as pizza boy would have troubles delivering pizza's on time let alone doing good consistent racing in F1)

3) it was all good and fine for pizza boy to come out with acusations of unfair treatment at jag and thats the only reason webber was belting him (i mean its the same as saying, webber your not so great i could keep up with you anytime given equal chances) so this was obviously webbers response, if pizza boy can't handle it he shouldn't of said these things and let his racing do the talking.
Date: December 05, 2004 01:39PM
I am sure our questions will most probably be answered this season, unless Nick Heidfeld gets the Williams seat.

And Priddo, it is shouldn't have, not shouldn't of :P
Date: December 05, 2004 03:17PM
Posted by: Imran
its difficult to comment on the 2003 season comparison between pizza and webber,i mean pizza was in his rookie season whereas webber had a years racing experience.and before u say that webber outperformed his team mate in his rookie season,just remember whp his team mate was!
also pizzonia only drove for half the season.and was dropped after the race where he started to show his potential and outqualified webber. in effect the first half of pizzonias season was no different to buttons in 2000 and 2001,luckily for button the teams he was in gave him time to adapt and by the end of the year he was having much stronger performances.
Date: December 06, 2004 01:05AM
Posted by: marcl
Well next year we will see how good webber is, i personaly am not holding my breath.

I have seen him drive one good race Sepang 2004 but then him and RS crashed. Other than that he qualis well then slides down the grid.

Lets see webber under pressure.

Antonio was just as fast as JPM in the williams when he was racing it remember Spa he would have got 3rd maybe even 2nd
Date: December 06, 2004 02:20AM
Posted by: Priddo
@ Guimengo

Give me a break it was 1:20am when i wrote that all out :P
Date: December 06, 2004 02:56AM
Priddo: it was 6:39am when I wrote that, without having slept yet :p
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy