JV tops Jerez day 2

Posted by Atomik 
JV tops Jerez day 2
Date: December 02, 2004 06:38PM
Posted by: Atomik
Well, this might not be significant for most of you, but for me it means something....

We haven't seen JV's name topping a list for a long time now, and although it's testing and it doesn't mean very much, it gives me a good feeling as a true JV fan. It means he hasn't "lost it", as many others suggested...

Hoping that Sauber can keep up this momentum and translate it to next year's races ...

My hopes for JV next season are a few podium finishes. That would be great.

"You know I couldn't go more on the inside, I was actually on the grass so ... I don't know, either Michael had his eyes closed or somehow his hands slid on the steering or something..." - Jacques Villeneuve, Jerez 1997, Post-Race Press Conference
Re: JV tops Jerez day 2
Date: December 02, 2004 06:45PM
Posted by: rapid_f1
i must say that sauber are looking very good in testing.

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Date: December 02, 2004 06:46PM
Posted by: Imran
probably just tyre testing with this years car.cos they are new to michelin..most other teams are using 2005 spec aero
Date: December 02, 2004 07:58PM
Posted by: rapid_f1
okay peter.

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Date: December 03, 2004 04:55AM
Posted by: Guimengo
Yeah, I suspect Sauber has been mainly running with a 2004 spec car, but I certainly hope they keep going!
We must not forget how much better they were since the completion of their wind tunnel
Date: December 03, 2004 09:08AM
Posted by: chet
Most teams have still be running 04 spec, minus BAR and Ferrar, Macca (sometimes and red bull, both ran spa wing configs)

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: December 03, 2004 09:49AM
Posted by: Korn_Freak
Guimengo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> We must not forget how much better they were since
> the completion of their wind tunnel
>

you mean aquiring the F2003GA?

Date: December 03, 2004 12:33PM
Posted by: Guimengo
Toyota looked like the F2002 and the 2003 GA too, but it hasn't been as commented as the Sauber :-o.
The new car shouldn't change much, should be an evolutionary process (like the F 2004 ;))
Date: December 03, 2004 01:07PM
Posted by: Muks_C
F1 Racing said the TF103 was copied directly from the F2002 at the time, regarding the shape of the engine cover and a few other bits. But obviously Sauber and Ferrari will be talked about more because of their links.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: December 03, 2004 01:13PM
Posted by: Korn_Freak
Muks_C Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> F1 Racing said the TF103 was copied directly from
> the F2002 at the time, regarding the shape of the
> engine cover and a few other bits. But obviously
> Sauber and Ferrari will be talked about more
> because of their links.

even so the TF103 still looked different IMO. wheras the Sauber isnt a copy its the 2003GA there is No deniying it.

Date: December 03, 2004 01:20PM
Posted by: senninho
You'll probably find there are/were sufficient differences for the FIA to not be bothered - look at the Benetton and Ligier of 1995, they were also virtually identical to the extent of the FIA investigating it, but they proved that the cars were different, presumably by their respective performances ;)

Date: December 03, 2004 01:42PM
yes there is a remarkable similarity between the GA and the C23, but there were enough differences for the FIA not be bothered by it. Sauber used the engine and gearbox from ferrari in 2004, which would also entail the rear suspension.

but they have said for '05 they will use the ferrari engine, but build their own gearbox, so will build their own rear suspension to fit with it.

lets see what the '05 ferraris and saubers looks like.

Date: December 03, 2004 04:38PM
Posted by: senninho
If either of them look like this year's McLaren or Williams, i shall laugh a lot.

Date: December 03, 2004 04:50PM
Posted by: marcl
I thought the FIA did look at it but were happy that there was enough difference between the two cars. But yes they did look the same
Date: December 03, 2004 04:53PM
as I said 2 posts above yours Marcl:

yes there is a remarkable similarity between the GA and the C23, but there were enough differences for the FIA not be bothered by it. :)

Date: December 03, 2004 06:04PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
certainly not in the bodywork. It was cm perfect as shown by the small bumps on the sidepods which the GA had to allow the radiators in...so i assume it used exactly the samr radiators too

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: December 03, 2004 08:03PM
Posted by: Stan
actulay no they used a totaly diff raditaors it was the f2004 that had the ga radiators but at sum pont in season they changed them to the ones that sauber was using as they were bigger lighter and more efficent

Date: December 03, 2004 08:07PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
so they used different radiators but kept the side pod bump which was only there to accomidate them? If the readiators were different why was the bump there? After all if Sauber honestly did design it they arent going to put in random bumps are they?

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: December 03, 2004 08:23PM
Posted by: Stan
that bump was there to bring the siepods with witin the regulations not beacuse of radiators

Date: December 05, 2004 03:28PM
what regulation did they have to be brought in with?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy