Kimi doing a "Tux"

Posted by Mini Maestro 
Re: Kimi doing a "Tux"
Date: November 29, 2004 07:17PM
Posted by: Vader
The point is that sponsors won't like that.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: November 29, 2004 07:19PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
so? Is it his fault people are sheep and this makes him look bad to others?

Why should he stop having a life because people look up to him? Hes entitled to it just like everyone else

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: November 29, 2004 07:24PM
Posted by: LS.
DaveEllis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> so? Is it his fault people are sheep and this
> makes him look bad to others?
>
> Why should he stop having a life because people
> look up to him? Hes entitled to it just like
> everyone else
>
>

I totally agree, but you know what ron's like for image :)

If kimi was wearing Mclaren clothing then he'd have a point, but the guy is having a good time, in the high pressure world of F1 i think it would be harsh for Kimi to be bollocked for letting his hair down out of the F1 season

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/29/2004 07:24PM by LS..
Date: November 29, 2004 07:25PM
Posted by: rocker
Well, now I'm thinking that any Finnish (is it the right spelling?) likes to drink a lot.
I went to watch Nightwish last night and Marco Hietala (the bass player and singer also) before the last song said "I want to introduce you a friend of mine... This is mister Smirnoff..." (a Brazillian vodka brand, I think it's Brazillian). And he drunk half a bottle... Then the band drunk something also even Tarja Turunen (she did a really funny face when she drunk it). It was a very funny episode (Jukka didn't want to drink but everyone said him to drink so he did it). Well, maybe it was water in a vodka bottle but it was funny anyway.

I hope Kimi isn't breaknig with his wife, is this picture not old? Anyway it's his problems...

--------------------------------------------
Rocker
Date: November 29, 2004 07:26PM
I belive someone from Finalnd posted an old finish saying on another forum

"Rougher the work, the rougher the play"

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: November 29, 2004 07:56PM
Posted by: chet
DaveEllis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> so? Is it his fault people are sheep and this
> makes him look bad to others?
>
> Why should he stop having a life because people
> look up to him? Hes entitled to it just like
> everyone else
>
>

FINALLY SOMEONE GETS IT RITE!!

thats a perfect reply! and wat every1 shud think!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: November 29, 2004 07:57PM
Posted by: Muks_C
isn't Smirnoff Russian?

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: November 29, 2004 08:34PM
Posted by: tripleM
Does Finlandia vodka still sponsor McLaren?

And Kimi should take a look at the people he hangs out with.I strongly doubt that any of my friends would have allowed me to reach animal state especially in a public place and to have photos taken(not that the people would have been interested to see them ).
Date: November 29, 2004 09:10PM
Posted by: sasjag
pfft....most my mates encourage me and then take photos:P

"a good friend is one who will bail u out of jail. a great friend is one who is sitting next to u saying "that was fun""

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: November 29, 2004 09:33PM
Posted by: danm
agreed

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: November 29, 2004 11:38PM
Smirnoff is an American vodka made by Arsenieyevich Smirnov who left Russia after the Russian Revolution 1917 and changed the "v" in his name to "ff". In 1990 someone from the Smirnov family introduced his own brand in Russia, calling it the True Smirnov but he lost a legal battle over the name.

Btw, I'm not saying that F1 drivers should not go out and have fun. If it was up to me they can drink as much as they want as long as they are sober and fit when they sit in the car. Unfortunately this is not how business is done. A lot of sponsoring companies will not like to be asscociated with the brand Kimi - and after all he is a brand even in his free time - and stop investing money into F1 which is only bad. I know that this is silly and wrong, but managers who decide how to spend money unfortunatlly think this ways.

Mercedes also have a problem if their cars are associated with drunk people. This is not good for sales if you like it or not.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/29/2004 11:39PM by Vader.
Date: November 29, 2004 11:41PM
Posted by: LS.
BMW don't seem bothered that their road cars are driven by total wankers :) you know the ones, snooty middleclass people that think they are better than everyone else, and then you have the dreaded sales rep. They race up and down the motorway and sit right behind you on the motorway until you move out their way

tossers

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: November 30, 2004 12:29AM
Unfortunately this is not how business is done.

So should we encourge F1 to be more buisness like? Or more sport like, like the old days...like kimi just happened to be doing?

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: November 30, 2004 12:33AM
As I aid I have no problems with what Kimi done.

Unfortunately you need some money in F1, so you also need business. For some teams it is bad if sponsors pull out. Without money and sponsors F1 would not be there anymore.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: November 30, 2004 01:27AM
So sack Kimi and get worse results, or have one occasion where hes caught by the press a bit drunk? Which is worse?

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: November 30, 2004 01:30AM
As I said a few times before I have no problem with waht Kimi has done and that's why I wouldn't sack him. Unfortunately I am not the one in command of Mercedes and those who are think what Kimi has done is damaging the image of their company. This is stupid, but it's not my fault. You don't need to convince me, Dave - Haug is the one you should ask not to sack Kimi.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: November 30, 2004 10:30AM
Posted by: montana_uk
1) If Haug sacks Kimi for this, then he is more of an idiot than I ever thought possible. It is the early stages of preseason testing, and Kimi hasn't even returned to the track yet. I have read this morning that he is going to, but even still. He is allowed to party just like the rest of us.

2) Finlandia doesn't sponsor McLaren anymore - not since Mika left, and just as well, in light of these pics, or there would be even more heat.

3) If Montoya gives Kimi a hard time over these pics, then he is even more immature than I thought possible. If the rumours are true that Kimi has split from Jenni, then he is perfectly entitled to get drunk and wollow in his pain. If JPM had lost Connie, then he would be the same, but I think Kimi would not rib him about it.

4) Finally, I think that people shouldn't read too much into the pics, and if they are truly about that the rumours say, then I feel bad for him. I can only say that with Jenni off the scene, then he will focus more on his driving, so watch out Schuey, and JPM better be quick, because hwn Kimi gets back, there will be sparks!

EDIT - Just seen the story getting mentioned online, and they don't say why he was drinking - just that he had been...
[www.itv-f1.com]

Laters,

Montana_UK

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/2004 02:41PM by montana_uk.
Date: November 30, 2004 04:29PM
Posted by: marcl
end of 2003 MS, Panis, RS got drunk in Japan they broke items in the pits and smashed a TV (i think it was) when they were all drunk I remember the pics. And MS drove a folk lift truck when drunk. Yet no one said a bad word then again they were having fun.

Senna and Berger got drunk in Japan 1990 and had a wild time again no hard done either.

All kimi has done is got drunk and had a good time whats the harm in that? We all do it. Yet people take pics and make money out of it.

If kimi has split with his wife so what its no ones business but his.

Date: November 30, 2004 04:39PM
We all agree with it in here, so there's no need to stathe the obvious. It is Mercedes and probably a few sponsors that don't agree so go tell them

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: November 30, 2004 05:35PM
Posted by: Muks_C
@ Marcl, is this what you mean?:

he doesn't look like he's driving to me.

for the whole discussion, here are links to the thread about this incident, and about the alleged fight between MS and Kimi:

[www.grandprixgames.org]

[www.grandprixgames.org]

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy