a1ring

Posted by zem1313 
Re: a1ring
Date: March 30, 2003 09:24AM
Posted by: bigears
A1 Ring got the potential to change the circuit as there is a lot of space but I am not too sure about the oval proposal.

it would be strange to see an oval with radius changes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did your birth certificate come with an apology letter from Durex?
Date: March 30, 2003 09:26AM
Posted by: variante_ascari
Date: March 30, 2003 12:20PM
Posted by: daveb
phoeonix
motegi
fontana

Date: March 30, 2003 01:03PM
Posted by: bigears
phoeonix
motegi
fontana

What about it? Those American ovals?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did your birth certificate come with an apology letter from Durex?
Date: March 30, 2003 01:09PM
Posted by: Vader
As far as I know Japan is not yet part of the USA, so Motegi is no American oval.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: March 30, 2003 01:22PM
Posted by: DrDougal
You have to admit, oval racing is spectacular. I love waching the close racing in NASCAR, CART and the IRL. Formula 1 I recon would also make an impressive oval race, but in Austria? What's wrong with the current A1 ring circuit? Long straights and good overtaking oppertunities. Always an exciting race at Austria. But perhaps a bit "iffy" after Sato and Heidfeld last year............ouch!
Date: March 30, 2003 03:12PM
Posted by: Rubidius
Heya guys,

I can't do any flashy drawings, because I'm going to bed in a few minutes. However, I don't think that would happen, Mika.

A wing, whether on an F1 car or on a plane, is curved on one side and flat on the other (on an f1 car, the whole thing is curved, but one side bulges a lot more than the other). It is that which causes the difference in pressure, leading to lift or downforce, depending on which way up your wing is.

On an aeroplane, the curved surface is on the top, leading to low pressure above and high pressure below. This causes lift. On an F1 car, the less curved surface is at the top, so the pressure is lower underneath, causing downforce. Because the profile of the wing stays the same, the only way to get an F1 car to generate lift would be to turn the car upside-down. It doesn't make any difference which way it's going.

At least, that's what I think. I've got GCSE physics, but I'm not doing it to A-level.

Hope that helps. Goodnight dudes.

--Rubi

Date: March 30, 2003 03:40PM
What's wrong with the current A1 ring circuit? Long straights and good overtaking oppertunities.

You have already answered your question yourself.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: March 31, 2003 02:58AM
Posted by: zem1313
The problem with the A1 ring is the same as with Spa - politics! The kick Spa this year and the only reason why A1 is still in is the early May slot.

The current track is funny to drive and normally produces exciting races, but after all it is just a bigger Kart track and that's it.

Anyways, as i said befor, Bernie isn't interested in it, so that's it. Now Austria has kicked itself successfully out of F1.

Berger leaves because BMW doesn't want to build their own car, Lauda got kicked because he pisses verbaly at each and every leg he can find, A1ring got backstabbed by politics and Alex Wurz is starting to realize why he is a testdriver.

Rindt would turn around in his grave if he could see us!
Date: March 31, 2003 07:15AM
I normally don't cry if it's about chasing the Austrians back to their caves (Mika, take care! I didn't say Australians), but Lauda is really cool.

In fact he is cool because he pisses verbally at each and every leg he can find. He knows a lot about F1, about what goes on behind the scenes, and he does not hesitate to say what he thinks. The real reason why I still enjoy F1 on RTL is that they have Lauda as an expert in the studio. He knows the top teams so well and if Ferrari or McLaren talk bullshite he is the one to say that they do. I think nobody has a better qualification to translate Ron Speak into sentences you can actually understand tahn Lauda.

His dismissal at Jaguar has certainly other reasons than just "pissing on ppl's legs". I don't know what these reasons are, but be sure: once the the one year blocking period is over (barring clause in his contract) and Lauda can tell us about what was going at Jaguar/Ford, he will do it. Watch out.

Lauda for ever!

Post Edited (03-31-03 14:21)

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: March 31, 2003 07:49AM
Posted by: zem1313
:-)
I know that he is cool. I agree 100% with you.
I don't know the reasons for the sack neither, but I can imagine that his straigthness and the way he says things could be something people at an american/english team can't cope with.

But i really don't understand this part from your post:

I normally don't cry if it's about chasing the Austrians back to their caves (Mika, take care! I didn't say Australians), but Lauda is really cool.

:-)
Date: March 31, 2003 08:13AM
there are two parts to explain:

1. Being German I have a somewhat ambivalent approach towards Austrians (I don't really like "Wiener Schmäh" and "Küss die Haaand, Frau Kommerzienrat" ;)). Nevertheless I can laugh about myself as well, so don't take me too serious there. I am the least person in here that runs the danger of being a nationalist.

2. Last time I talked about Austria Mika thought I was talking about Australia. Since he is from Oz, he got it wrong and felt a bit offended.

Post Edited (04-02-03 06:05)

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: April 01, 2003 11:01PM
Posted by: MikaHalpinen
Grr that just won't go away, will it... :P

One little mis-read and it sticks with me forever

Date: April 01, 2003 11:11PM
Stripes on a tiger don't wash away ;)

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: April 02, 2003 08:13AM
Posted by: daveb
get some bleach out

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy