amazing qualifying!

Posted by Ellis 
amazing qualifying!
Date: March 22, 2003 08:17AM
Posted by: Ellis
What a dam good session that was! The new rules rock!

If its hot tomorrow i cant see Michael/Ferrari winning

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Re: amazing qualifying!
Date: March 22, 2003 08:33AM
Posted by: Pako
I agree.
And guess who's on pole...

Date: March 22, 2003 08:42AM
Posted by: Natazone
It was a wonderful qualify session! It's so nice to see someone but Ferrari, Williams or McLaren on the pole! Renault is a dark horse... But i think, tomorrow Michael (hot or not, if nothing will happened like in Australia) willbe on top. And don't forget about Williams & McLaren. Obviously Renault can be on the podium... If something will happened with the leaders! :)
Date: March 22, 2003 08:48AM
Posted by: Spike02
not to mention that in one minute, the track is as dry as a frying pan, and the next, as wet as the atlantic

Date: March 22, 2003 09:31AM
Posted by: matthewp
I think Mclaren are actually looking really good for tomorrow, they have always tended to use high fuel loads and Martin said that Ferrari will probably have to run lighter because the bridgestone's don't last well enough. If this is true then DC being just 1 tenth behind Michael is a good result

Date: March 22, 2003 11:22AM
Posted by: Orpheus
i predict :

Pos. Name Country Team Time
1 K. Räikkönen Finland McLaren 1.32.22.195
2 R. Barrichello Brazil Ferrari +39.2
3 F. Alonso Spain Renault +1.04.0
4 R. Schumacher Germany Williams +1.28.0
5 J. Trulli Italy Renault +1
6 M. Schumacher Germany Ferrari +1
7 J. Button England BAR +1
8 N. Heidfeld Germany Sauber +1
9 H. Frentzen Germany Sauber +1
10 R. Firman Great Britain Jordan +1
11 C. da Matta Brazil Toyota +1
12 J.P. Montoya Colombia Williams +3
13 J. Verstappen The Netherlands Minardi +4
Did not finish
14 A. Pizzonia Brazil Jaguar +14
15 J. Wilson England Minardi +15
16 M. Webber Australia Jaguar +21
17 O. Panis France Toyota +44
18 D. Coulthard Scotland McLaren +54
19 G. Fisichella Italy Jordan +56
20 J. Villeneuve Canada BAR +56

Post Edited (03-23-03 15:13)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: March 22, 2003 12:01PM
Posted by: thx1138
"What a dam good session that was! The new rules rock!"

How was that great? It's so bloody artificial. Renault will look like fools tomorrow when the fuel strategies fall into place. I could drink the tank of both Renaults dry and still pass a breathalyzer test!

I feel bad for Alonso because although I think he's a deserving driver, his pole time is a tick over worthless!
Date: March 22, 2003 12:15PM
Posted by: dreams come trulli
Finally!!!!! I've been following Renault since they came back in 2001 so it's an incredible day for me!! Let's hope, at least one renault, will be on the podium!!!
Date: March 22, 2003 12:20PM
Renault will look like fools tomorrow when the fuel strategies fall into place

judgeing by Mike Gascoyne's comments i'm not so sure, he's been saying "we've picked the strategy which we consider to be fastest for the race" if this is true then they didn't do anything to compromise they're race in order to get pole. I don't think they will win but they should give a very strong performance. Watch out for Renault when they bring in the new spec engine at Magny Cours

Date: March 22, 2003 12:29PM
Posted by: _Alex_
Excellent qualifying, what a superb run from Alonso and Trulli! I really cannot wait for the race! Should be a cracker!

Post Edited (03-22-03 19:30)

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: March 22, 2003 01:07PM
Posted by: Stef
Yeah they definately light fuelled but if the race conditions are similar to todays qualifying, it might pay off

Stefan Gordon - MG X Power GP4 driver in H.O.W.C
Date: March 22, 2003 01:20PM
Posted by: bazza
Mike Gascoigne is no dumbass, I think they will be sorted.

The only reason they would run terribly light fuel loads to get pole, with that being the sole aim, would be to please sponsors, and I'm not sure that's too big an issue for them at the moment.

I think Mclaren are actually looking really good for tomorrow, they have always tended to use high fuel loads

In all one of the races so far!

Baz

Date: March 22, 2003 01:43PM
I think Mclaren are actually looking really good for tomorrow, they have always tended to use high fuel loads

In all one of the races so far!

I don't mean that, over many years they've tended to have a bigger fuel tank and run higher fuel loads than other teams

Date: March 22, 2003 03:12PM
Posted by: Orpheus
yah same with jordan, last year jordan and mclaren had the biggest fuel tanks.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: March 22, 2003 03:27PM
Posted by: jon
I agree with matthew p, with the bridgestones loosing performance so quickly, I think they (ferrari) need to stop twice, but they seem to be carrying more fuel to be so close to McLaren who I think are one stopping because that car is known to be very light on tyres and keeps them in better condition longer, I don't think Williams have the speed to challenge yet unfortunately and I think Renault will fall back during the race, they are obviously 3 stopping (or 2 stopping with an early first stop).

so McLaren look good, but ferrari may be able to run for longer than most think, renault will be fast, but probably on a 3 stopper, and williams will be in the top six, behind the McLaren and Ferrari. that is if it doesn't rain and the track temperatyure is in the high 40s.

Do they start the race with the tyres they used for qualifying or not, because if they do then McLaren have the advantage

Date: March 22, 2003 11:03PM
Posted by: roadhog
I have heard comments over the last few years that the bridgestones
are not up to it and that may be the case.

but schumacher rarely had problems doing a 1 stop strategy
in brazil or other hot locations.

i suspect the difference in the tyres may be that the michelins could
do the race with no stops if they really wanted to and the
bridgestones couldn't.

will see what happens in the next couple of hours i guess.
Date: March 22, 2003 11:39PM
Posted by: marcl
I think they do have to start with the same tyres they do their quali lap on, if thats the case there are alot of teams that will have to stop early as their tyres were in a right state
Date: March 23, 2003 05:57AM
Posted by: Ellis
Renault will look like fools tomorrow when the fuel strategies fall into place

they didnt look that stupid, it was michael who ruined Trullis race

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy