05 Predictions thread :)

Posted by chet 
Re: 05 Predictions thread :)
Date: October 27, 2004 08:16PM
Posted by: chet
@dolinseks - JB's attitude towards BAR abut the move was bad, yes. But it was not ALL his fault. Mr J Byfield made a mess of what should have been a simple easy job, instead he tested to see how JB was worth to Richards. He wanted to know if Richards would pay FW for JB or pay JB more. This had nothing to do with Jense as he had no involvment.

And if Richards were to do that then the contract WOULD be invalid and therefor he could go to Willi to race. But Richards is clever and knows JB would be better than Ant.

@Vader - yes ur rite about the press, look what they did to the JB incident. Im sorry for what i said, but i just cant accept what Webber said, and i know he said it coz he said it live to ITV. He has not earned the rite to talk about ANYONE like that. Not even MS could do that. Sure Pizza Boy wasnt all that good in the Jag, but thats because he wasnt wanted in the team. I bet Pizza Boy could give Webber a run for his money in that Willi. also Webber wants to be Jacques! He goes round acting like he is soo high up and respected and can say and do what he wants. I just cant wait when DC or Pizza boy finishes ahead at Aussi in 05!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: October 27, 2004 08:32PM
Posted by: Vader
From all I have heard and seen from Webber he actually appeared to be quit edown to earth and a very nice guy. Couldn't say he came across acting like an arrogant wannabe popstar.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: October 27, 2004 08:42PM
Posted by: vesuvius
I think Webber and Fisichella arent over-rated but Button is (okay he was good this year but so were his car)

when Button did have bad car like 2001 at Benetton he was bad and much slower than Fisichella.

2002 Trulli was faster in qualifyings than Button but Trulli had bad luck in races.

Webber has drive very well with bad cars like Minardi and Jaguar and Fisichella
has always been better than his team mates.
Date: October 27, 2004 08:43PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Webber has not proved himself as 'good'. He has had team-mated whi have, how can we put it? Well not extrodinary. JB has had Ralf (ok not the best, but he was at HIS best at Willi, 1999 and 2000), Giancarlo (the most underarted driver in f1 - ok got thrased but gave slight comp), and Trulli (OK) and JV (A WDC! na dhe thrased JV), and finally sato, whos moderarte.

Webber qualified 3rd in the 2003 Braizlian GP in a car which should not have been there. He also did it with a good ammount of fuel onboard.

JB has had Ralf as a team mate, but you make it sound like JB beat Ralf, which he didnt, Ralf beat Jenson, so your own argument works agaisnt you. He got destroyed by Fisichella. He beat Jarno in 2002, dont get me started on the JV argument because "he thrashed JV" is the most childish remark i have heard on this forum for a long time and miss's out everything which was important about that season.

So what exactly is your point? That Webber has had rookie team mates and destroyed them, and when Jenson was up agaisnt Fisichella and Ralf he gets his ass kicked?

Your argument tries to make a case for Jenson whilst mentioning the bad things.

Neither Jenson or Webber have done anything special in F1. They have both been good (if you think that destroying your rookie teams mates isnt good then you dont know that much about what your talking about), but neither have taken on and beaten a great driver on equal footing

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: October 27, 2004 08:49PM
hear hear!

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: October 27, 2004 09:03PM
Yes webber did good to Quali 3rd (id actually hoped it had been pole) and Hungary.

Towards the end of 2000 JB was much more competetive and alot closer to Ralf. Sure in 01 he did get destroyed by Fissy. But Fissy was in a team he knew, and JB had never been in such a situation, so u can expect that. That doesnt mean fizzy is better, coz i dont think he is, he beat jense when he was at his worst state. Now in the same cars Jb would beat him for sure, of course this can not be proven in any way. Its bot easy coming from a team whos near to winning to a team who's nowhere near gettin into the top ten in a race!

So what was important about the 2003 season then Ellis? If its JV's relationship with Richards then that was their since 2001 and JV had time to sort it out. I like JV and it was the best news ever when Renault said they signed him for 3 races. Apart from Hill, JV was my fravouite driver.

You mention that destroying rookie team-mate is quite good, i would not be the happiest man in the world if i beat Alex Yoong, Pizza Boy (hated by Jag, i liked him tho), Wilson (alhough quick, not given long enough), and Klien. What does it mean when u beat these? Nothing! c'mon, where is Alex Yoong now, and where will Klien be next year?? I wud not call someone good for outclassing these drivers.

For JB to outclass a WDC is outstanding, mayby not on equal terms, byt JV had time to make them eqaul!

And anyway in f1 there is NEVER eqaul footings in a team! That is almost a fact!

Date: October 27, 2004 09:16PM
So what was important about the 2003 season then Ellis?

I will not bother repeating this as it has been said a million times on a million forums by equal people, but if you honestly think they were equal at BAR its like thinking Rubens is equal with Michael, or DC is equal with Kimi

You mention that destroying rookie team-mate is quite good, i would not be the happiest man in the world if i beat Alex Yoong, Pizza Boy (hated by Jag, i liked him tho), Wilson (alhough quick, not given long enough), and Klien. What does it mean when u beat these? Nothing! c'mon, where is Alex Yoong now, and where will Klien be next year?? I wud not call someone good for outclassing these drivers.

Pizzonia was not actaully that bad. He was improving and wasnt as bad as Yoong. Where is Yoong now? Hes in the V8 supercar championship, Aus top motorsport championship and still one of the top in the world. Where is wilson? Hes in CART, doing pretty well, and CART is still one Americas big 3. Where will Klien be? Dumped because theres not enough seats in F1. His job was not stunning, but it was solid.

Your trying to make out Webber has had 10 Alex Yoongs as team mates and Jensons had Ayrton Sennas. That is bullshit and you know it

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: October 27, 2004 09:19PM
Posted by: vesuvius
Webber also qualified second this year in Malaysia which isn`t bad at all with car like jaguar.
Date: October 27, 2004 09:39PM
DaveEllis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So what was important about the 2003 season then
> Ellis?
>
> I will not bother repeating this as it has been
> said a million times on a million forums by equal
> people, but if you honestly think they were equal
> at BAR its like thinking Rubens is equal with
> Michael, or DC is equal with Kimi
>
> You mention that destroying rookie team-mate is
> quite good, i would not be the happiest man in the
> world if i beat Alex Yoong, Pizza Boy (hated by
> Jag, i liked him tho), Wilson (alhough quick, not
> given long enough), and Klien. What does it mean
> when u beat these? Nothing! c'mon, where is Alex
> Yoong now, and where will Klien be next year?? I
> wud not call someone good for outclassing these
> drivers.
>
> Pizzonia was not actaully that bad. He was
> improving and wasnt as bad as Yoong. Where is
> Yoong now? Hes in the V8 supercar championship,
> Aus top motorsport championship and still one of
> the top in the world. Where is wilson? Hes in
> CART, doing pretty well, and CART is still one
> Americas big 3. Where will Klien be? Dumped
> because theres not enough seats in F1. His job was
> not stunning, but it was solid.
>
> Your trying to make out Webber has had 10 Alex
> Yoongs as team mates and Jensons had Ayrton
> Sennas. That is bullshit and you know it
>
>

By saying 'where are they now' I was saying are they in F1?? No.

I know Wilson is doing well in Cart and good for him :).

If i was trying to say that Jensons had Ayrton Sennas as team-mates i would have said that :). And i tried to say that Webber has had 10 Alex Yoongs as team mates i also would have said that too. but i didnt. I am saying JB has more comparable team-mates that jugde his speed, wheras Webber has had less than good team-mates, so his speed is hard to jugde.

ANd bout being equal, thats what im sayin! F1 will never and has never been equal in terms of team-mates! But JV had time to talk to Richards and make everything better!

Date: October 27, 2004 09:49PM
Posted by: rapid_f1
i predict there will be a certain number of cars going around a certain number of tracks in 2005.

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Date: October 27, 2004 11:19PM
LOL!

do you think Silver will be on??

Date: October 27, 2004 11:27PM
Posted by: Mini Maestro
chet just accept it if u call webber overrated then button is also...
many brits just support button jus because of what he has done in 2004..not knowing he has been s**t in the past. in 2003, button didnt have a teammate basically because that was the way JV was treated.
Comparning webber and JB is just dumb seeing as JB has always had the better car even in 2001 despite the probs, also either webber nor button has won a race...u noe it that if mclaren and williams had been on song this year button wouldnt have got as many podiums as his overrated and bloated head believes...
frankly give both webber and buttton the same car as schuie and they will get beaten black and blue despite the clouded image that schuie isnt as good as he was.
personally i will always rate webber before any popstar
Date: October 28, 2004 12:26AM
Firstly i know your not saying that i support button coz of 04, but i have always liked him and supported him. Pizzonia was treated the same way as ur describing the way JV was treated.

And yes comparing the two, webber and button is stupid and yes if Macca and Willi were on form then JB obviously wouldnt have had as many podiums. But the fact is they built a crap car, and BAR didnt, so theres no point in saying that either, and whats wrong with being Self Condfident????

DC is, and i like it! Theres no point in saying im not goin to win this year coz the car is crap (or summut or other), that Ralf S talk :P.

And the two would get beaten by MS in the same car (but Kimi wouldnt :P!).

He USED to be a popstar playboy and other crap. But now he has changed.

and anyway wasnt James Hunt a Playboy, popstar?? :P

so lets drop it and say both are good, but not as good as kimi or MS and we both have differing opinions on them, and you cant say who is better unitl 06 (when Hopfully in the same car) :)

Date: October 28, 2004 12:33AM
Pizzonia was treated the same way as ur describing the way JV was treated.

But your claiming that Jenson beating JV was a fair fight and Webber had an advantage? That works both ways mate.

and anyway wasnt James Hunt a Playboy, popstar?? :P

James Hunt was a playboy (waits for Vader about stories for him and lauda :P). Jenson wasnt, and nobody other than Irvine and possibly Villeneuve out of recent years grids is or was.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: October 28, 2004 12:48AM
Posted by: Mini Maestro
last words from me....
Am I the only one who thinks that Schuie would woop kimi in a fair fight if he wanted to? not fisticuffs ;) but you know in a race
Date: October 28, 2004 01:11AM
I think Kimi is ne of the few drivers whp honestly doesn't care about what otherd rivers do or think. I think he is immune to mindgames. He just wants to race as fast as possible and doesn't care about beating team mates etc. Even if JPM should be fast from the start Kimi won't really care (unlike DC). Kimi is naturally fast, makes close to zero mistakes and is able to drive continously fast. If the car hadn't let him down he might have been double champ by now. If someone out there can take the fight to Schumacher it is Kimi.

The second half of this season has clearly shown that Schumacher, when forced to race others, makes mistakes (driving into others, spinning, etc.). It might be lack of attention dince he already had the title, but it looks as if he isn't that perfect anymore. If McLaren-Mercedes get their act together in 2005 Kimi will be the one kick MS butt.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: October 28, 2004 01:12AM
Posted by: rapid_f1
hang on i know how thngs will pan out next year...

nothing in the regs to say you cant is there?

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Date: October 28, 2004 01:32AM
LOOL, the regs say there has to be a driver who drives the car without aid.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: October 28, 2004 09:29AM
Posted by: Ali
Optimistic one (detailed, based on 19 races...) I considered 18 cars...ok, perhaps there will be 20

1. Alonso 119 (5 wins - 6 poles - 12 podiums)
2. Schumacher 111 (5 wins - 3 poles - 12 podiums)
3. Raikkonen 97 (2 wins - 2 poles - 11 podiums)
4. Webber 75 (1 win - 6 poles - 7 podiums)
5. Montoya 64 (3 wins - 2 poles - 4 podiums)
6. Barrichello 57 (2 wins - 4 podiums)
7. Fisichella 57 (0 wins - 3 podiums)
8. Button 51 (1 win - 3 podiums)
9. Sato 28 (1 podium)
10.Williams 2driver 26
11. Ralf Schum. 18
12. Trulli 14
13. J. Villeneuve 8
14. Sauber 2 7
15. Jordan 1 5
16. Jordan 2 4
17. Minardi 1 1
18. Minardi 2 0

1. Renault 176
2. Ferrari 168
3. McLaren 161
4. Williams 101
5. BAR 79
6. Toyota 32
7. Sauber 15
8. Jordan 9
9. Minardi 1
Date: October 28, 2004 10:07AM
Posted by: Palomino
Ali - first one to predict an alonso victor! thats ambitious i must say, as far as i can see, there is only 3 drivers that are worthy of betting on for the 2005 WDC.

Schuey, Kimi and Montoya.

i would place bets on Webber, Rubens and Alonso to win races but not for the Championship, just give Webber a solid year at williams and give Rubens a teammate at Ferrari that doesnt have the initials MS and he could win it also.

Buttons speed this year can really be put down to the Car, drivers dont suddenly have incredible boosts of speed from one year to the other, the 006 was one of the quickest cars on the grid.

[www.kraftwerk.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy