1 and a half hours to go

Posted by Gord_on_wheels 
1 and a half hours to go
Date: March 08, 2003 06:35PM
Posted by: Gord_on_wheels
I'm new here so excuse my dumb comments.

I'm just praying that we are in for a good race tonight, and a good season. I'll continue to stay loyal to F1, but i'm finding it harder to justify it to people. Whatever, this race is going to be interesting, some interesting thoughts on strategy in this forum too. I'm not going to comment, i never get it right!

Re: 1 and a half hours to go
Date: March 08, 2003 06:37PM
Posted by: Orpheus
its raining, so who will get it right ;) ?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: March 08, 2003 06:42PM
Posted by: bigears
I am sure looking forward to it as I can follow the programme better than the last two days as it didn't have subtitles. Now ITV will put subtitles today so I am really looking forward to it.

I am armed with cans of lager, Dorito dips, can of Red Bull in case I get tired and some other junk food! Also I got the prime viewing spot, the front of the box! ;)

Did your birth certificate come with an apology letter from Durex?
Date: March 08, 2003 06:54PM
I've just turned to ITV for the programme, what the hell is this crap on before it.

Looking forward to the information films in the advert breaks...now, how can i cook chips safely again?......

Date: March 08, 2003 07:01PM
Posted by: Zcott
Man, the new ITV theme is awful! I hate it!

Date: March 08, 2003 07:07PM
I've been trying to think what the new intro to ITV's coverage reminds me of...and just then i just though Top Gear

Date: March 08, 2003 07:15PM
Posted by: broders
45 mins to go, cant wait :D

-=-=-=-=-=-
VT Driver
Broders
Date: March 08, 2003 07:34PM
Posted by: Vader
I'd rather see Coronation Street instead :-o

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: March 08, 2003 10:45PM
Posted by: broders
CORRONATIONS STREET WILL FOLLOW

cant wait till canada lol

-=-=-=-=-=-
VT Driver
Broders
Date: March 09, 2003 08:14AM
Posted by: _Alex_

Apparently it's going up for commercial release! ITV expected it to have the same impact as "The Chain"! Fat chance!

Last year's theme was loads better!

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: March 09, 2003 10:07AM
Posted by: Pooky
why did we not have the fia F1 world championship screen with that quality giutar music on right before the gp?

Date: March 09, 2003 10:18AM
"The Chain" was the best GP theme, ever! ITV's first one, by Jamiroquai was reasonably good, but it gradually goes downhill. It's just bad now. And why do ITV feel the need to have two bits of film when coming back to the race? Seems a bit pointless to me. Thankfully RTL were on free-to-air, so I escaped the adverts....!

Date: March 09, 2003 10:20AM
Posted by: _Alex_
why did we not have the fia F1 world championship screen with that quality giutar music on right before the gp?

They've swapped it for that black and white Administrator Rights screen or whatever it is. I liked that bit too, when the pieces came together to form the logo. Nice.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: March 09, 2003 10:23AM
Posted by: andrew_S
[]"The Chain" was the best GP theme, ever! ITV's first one, by Jamiroquai was reasonably good, but it gradually goes downhill. It's just bad now. And why do ITV feel the need to have two bits of film when coming back to the race? Seems a bit pointless to me. Thankfully RTL were on free-to-air, so I escaped the adverts....![/i]

i must say, the bbc intros too, not Just the music, the intros they had to go with them were top quality, much better than ITVs, even without the sodding advertising toyota stuff

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005
Date: March 09, 2003 11:18AM
Posted by: Orpheus
i cant believe you are talking about how good the entry themes were ;) who cares??!? i watch it for f1 not for a bloody 10 second entry ;)

Date: March 09, 2003 12:18PM
I care!

Date: March 09, 2003 12:29PM
me to, you dont care cause cause the ITV ones are crap, hehe, a decent intro is always good, it gets you in the mood etc, the chain and bbc intros did that perfectly

Date: March 09, 2003 05:30PM
Posted by: LS.

Apparently it's going up for commercial release! ITV expected it to have the same impact as "The Chain"! Fat chance!

Last year's theme was loads better!

the new theme tune seems to me to be a rehash of a seventies rocktrack and its still bugging me what the song was.

as for the bit about the chain by fleetwood mac, its because of association

if that had never been used by the BBC and was introduced by ITV as a new theme tune you'd be moaning about it

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: March 09, 2003 05:41PM
A valid point, LS, but I'm not sure about that. Even without the F1 connotations, that piece is still a great piece. It's miles away from the over-commercialized, over-produced theme that ITV have for this year, or even last year.

Date: March 09, 2003 05:57PM
yes i agree, it is because of association? but why do we associate it with F1? because its quality thats why, im sure if the ITV ones were quality we would associate them, but to be quite honnest i cant remember half of them, and that says it all, The bbc were great at that stuff, and the intros, you know, match of the day, F1, Cricket and grandstand are all good examples etc

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy