its in the sticky

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Re: Unbelievable!!!
Date: October 05, 2004 12:16AM
Posted by: BorgDroneX
errrrr who the hell is Jody Scheckter???

<---Uber Soldat--->
RESISTANCE IS NOT FUTILE
Date: October 05, 2004 12:40AM
Posted by: Fisico2k3
you what? i hope you're kidding :P but if not, he's the last guy to win c'ship (1979) for ferrari before Schu did. he's south african, and also wrote the intro to my ferrari book that sits on my coffee table :p

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Currently Driving: Watkins Glen Original
Current PB: 1:07.43
Using: Xbox Controller
Date: October 05, 2004 01:04AM
Posted by: LS.
BorgDroneX Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> errrrr who the hell is Jody Scheckter???
>

Name: Jody Scheckter
Nationality: South Africa
Date of birth: January 29, 1950 - East London

Jody Scheckter, South African GP 1973© The Cahier ArchiveAs a 22-year old fresh from his native South Africa, Jody Scheckter earned a place in the cockpit of a works McLaren F1 car only 18 months after arriving in the UK. One of the most promising young drivers of his era, he dazzled the racing fraternity with terrific car control and considerable bravery. Unfortunately, Jody's early F1 career was punctuated by a massive accident at the end of the opening lap of the 1973 British Grand Prix. He ran wide onto the grass coming out of Woodcote corner and spun back across the circuit, triggering a multiple pileup which eliminated half the field and brought the race to a halt.

In 1974 Scheckter joined the Tyrrell team in the wake of Jackie Stewart's retirement and the death of Francois Cevert at the end of the previous season. He stayed with Tyrrell until the end of '76, during which he drove their P34 six-wheeler, giving this strange car its only victory in the Swedish Grand Prix, and coming a good third in the Championship. He then joined the emergent Wolf team to finish runner-up in the 1977 title chase behind Niki Lauda.

In 1979 he joined Ferrari and, confounding all the critics, got on famously with the Italian team and won the World Championship. Quick, shrewd and blessed with a dry sense of humor, Jody Scheckter was one of the most popular F1 exponents of his time. After his retirement in 1980 he went to the United States and began a business called FATS, designing and building simulation equipment for firearms training. He later the sold the company for a large fortune and turned his attention to overseeing the racing careers of his two sons.

Jody is next to Gilles

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: October 05, 2004 02:56PM
Posted by: Muks_C
hey, i'd be happy to live near Alex Yoong or Ricardo Rosset, never mind an actual F1 World Champion!

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: October 05, 2004 04:00PM
Posted by: eclap
And even a Ferrari World Champion (even though I can't stand Ferrari of the present). I still live in London, so am about 40 miles away from where Jody lives, but am moving tomorrow, out of this weird town...

go Kimi go, go, go!!!
Date: October 06, 2004 12:40PM
Posted by: -qwerty-
Weird is the word alright. Where about are you?

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: October 06, 2004 12:44PM
Posted by: Zcott
I think you'll find that Grease is the word.

Date: October 06, 2004 09:36PM
Posted by: Sauber89
he only won world championship cause he won the monaco race and gilles was ordered to let him through or stay behind not that i'm knocking having contact with a world champion
Date: October 06, 2004 10:44PM
Posted by: andrew_S
thats a very simplistic view of a great career to say the least

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005
Date: October 14, 2004 10:20AM
Posted by: eclap
I live in Hampshire, UK now. Just moved here from London...

go Kimi go, go, go!!!
Date: October 14, 2004 01:07PM
Posted by: Covfan
andrew_S Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think its great stuff, didnt realise jody lived
> over here though!
>
> ------------------------------------
>
>
> "Im never interested in who won a race, until i
> know who was behind them"- DSJ
Don't you remember his son being arrested for some "misdemanours". He paid his son's bail IIRC.

Date: October 14, 2004 02:56PM
Posted by: Incast
I suspected he lived in the UK, Jody always seems to be the guy BBC Breakfast use for anything F1 related. If they want to interview someone about F1 early in the morning, it's Jody!
Date: October 15, 2004 12:26PM
Posted by: Boils
Ask him what it was like working and racing with Gilles, ask him about monza 79 :)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy